• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil TGS Special Stage Event Stream on Sep 17th (RE7, Vendetta, & More)

Kalentan

All of the PC ports are good, so you don't have any worries there.

Hm... okay so a few questions should I just get ReMake? Is RE:0 worth getting?

Cause this is what I'm looking at now. Although I'm unsure if I need to get the Gold Edition for RE5 and the Complete pack for RE6.

c75d8c0697d8acf7847d109e76eb2f03.png

Jawmuncher

I know you're thinking big, but Revelations 3 won't happen for a couple of years or so, and it's incredibly unlikely that it'll be announced before RE2make is released.

BUT, a mercenaries stand alone title could possibly be revealed before RE2make

Hm... okay so a few questions should I just get ReMake? Is RE:0 worth getting?

Cause this is what I'm looking at now. Although I'm unsure if I need to get the Gold Edition for RE5 and the Complete pack for RE6.

c75d8c0697d8acf7847d109e76eb2f03.png

Both are worth playing. While a lot of people don't feel RE0 is as finely crafted as REmake, it still stands up quite well on its own as the older style.
The faux coop mechanic it has, I especially really like. Along with the item dropping. However despite being a prequel, I would played it after REmake and not before.
Gold Edition for RE5 is worth getting for Lost in Nightmares alone. Though it also includes Desperate Escape. Both of which tie into the regular story. RE6 I wouldn't bother getting the complete pack. it's all MP DLC you'll probably never touch. But I dunno if they even sell the game standalone anymore. However if the difference is like a dollar, then you might as well get it. Onslaught is a fun MP mode.

For RE4, I would suggest going to the Buy/Sell Thread on GAF. It was in bundles a few times, so someone might have it on sale for half of that.
No reason to buy that one right away considering it's not even on sale.

Kalentan

Both are worth playing. While a lot of people don't feel RE0 is as finely crafted as REmake, it still stands up quite well on its own as the older style.
The faux coop mechanic it has, I especially really like. Along with the item dropping. However despite being a prequel, I would played it after REmake and not before.
Gold Edition for RE5 is worth getting for Lost in Nightmares alone. Though it also includes Desperate Escape. Both of which tie into the regular story. RE6 I wouldn't bother getting the complete pack. it's all MP DLC you'll probably never touch. But I dunno if they even sell the game standalone anymore. However if the difference is like a dollar, then you might as well get it. Onslaught is a fun MP mode.

For RE4, I would suggest going to the Buy/Sell Thread on GAF. It was in bundles a few times, so someone might have it on sale for half of that.
No reason to buy that one right away considering it's not even on sale.

Hm... I guess now I'm just debating if I want to get RE5 Gold Edition or not. Do you play the DLC after or before the main game and are they substatial enough that I won't want to just read up what happens?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
What about if I tell you that I LOVE the way RE7 is and I have every RE game released! I feel bad for you! U will prob miss one of the greatest games next year!
But I'm buying Persona 5, and I'm gonna get RE7 for VR anyway
I think "unlike most" RE7 has fantastic graphics, not P.T fantastic but very good.
its just the rest seems off for a Resident Evil, people keep saying that it is but its really not.
its like a different game, which means that everything you love about Resident Evil and keep playing them despite being more and more action based over the years
is now ironically after it gone back to horror completely gone, because they did make a different game.
I too have multiple copies of all the games since 1996, and I know what I seen and played in the demo isn't Resident Evil, not even a RE clone.
doesn't mean its gonna be a bad game, could be GOTY but its still not Resident Evil if what we know is exactly how it is.

Neff

Is RE:0 worth getting?

I like it a lot. It gets a lot of heat for the lack of item boxes (meaning you pick up and drop items wherever you please), but unlike the other games in the classic series, no two rooms are ever far apart due to the way the shortcuts are designed. By the time you reach the end of the game, it's possible to travel back to the starting point very quickly, and the most commonly-travelled, equidistant rooms are obvious.

If you find yourself playing mainly for the story though, it's less impressive.

Hm... I guess now I'm just debating if I want to get RE5 Gold Edition or not. Do you play the DLC after or before the main game and are they substatial enough that I won't want to just read up what happens?

Gold Edition is totally worth it imo, although the delicious fanservice of Lost in Nightmares might go over your head if you've never played the series before.

Jawmuncher

Lost in Nightmares is really good imo, and being before the events of RE5 is nice. Desperate Escape isn't too impressive though. That one doesn't do much but explain how a helicopter is obtained. But it's still not bad. Capcom for whatever reason is rather stingy with putting that DLC on sale. So you decide not to get them, might be awhile for a cheap price if you ever do wanna play them.

Buy the Gold version. One of the DLC packs (Lost in Nightmares) is better than the base game itself. And the other DLC is pretty fun as well.

I played both after I finished RE5 proper. I'd recommend doing that.

Jawmuncher

Buy the Gold version. One of the DLC packs (Lost in Nightmares) is better than the base game itself. And the other DLC is pretty fun as well.

LiN is good, but better than the entirety of RE5? That seems a bit much.

Thanks guys! So I will hold off on RE:0 and 4 for now. Do I need to play RE4 before 5 tho?

They ties to one another aren't very big. But I would just play 4 then 5 just due to gameplay changes.
It's harder going back to RE4 right after RE5 due to the limited melee if it's your first time. While it's easier to go from 4 to 5 with more options added.

skypunch

Banned
Man, I'm excited for this. I became a massive Resident Evil fan ever since experiencing Resident Evil 1 way back in 1997 and it used to be my favourite franchise. I was a die-hard Resi fan. Then during around Resi 5, I just stopped caring as much because I was one of many who thought the series had pretty much died, and it wasn't the Resi I grew up with and loved anymore. Anyway, Resident Evil 7 is getting me nostalgic about the games and characters again, and I'm liking most of what I see in RE7. I hope the rumour that Rebecca Chambers is in the game is true!

Resident Evil: Vendetta, on the other hand, looks like a pile of shit. As soon as the Linkin Park acapella kicked in in the trailer, I just closed the tab. Really lame. It's got everything that made me fall out of love with the franchise.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

LiN is one of the better parts of RE5, but the base game is the ultimate co-op TPS campaign. It's incredibly paced, varied, and is fun as all hell.

Resident Evil: Vendetta, on the other hand, looks like a pile of shit. As soon as the Linkin Park acapella kicked in in the trailer, I was just closed the tab. Really lame.

Wait there's a trailer out?

Kalentan

Hm... I will say I was about to just plunge in but now I'm thinking about just doing REmake. Just because as we roll into this holiday season, I just feel like outside Remake, the rest will just fall to the backlog.

I ask for all that help and then go back on my ask for help. Kind of a dick move. :(

Neff

Resident Evil: Vendetta, on the other hand, looks like a pile of shit. As soon as the Linkin Park acapella kicked in in the trailer, I just closed the tab. Really lame. It's got everything that made me fall out of love with the franchise.

What trailer?

So basically the guy who played it already said he liked it but didn't like how the grandma would repeat stuff over and over. Also said it was fairly hard and that annoyed him, but I don't think it was his kind of game.

YO FUCK THAT

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
This can't end well, lol

looks pretty good though. same area from the lantern trailer, yes

That's part of the real game .

I know, but its like a shit bonus section. I want the part where you have a gun and shoot things, have a real inventory, have real death. The actual game in the present, that we have yet to see basically anything except a tiny few clips from the trailers.

You Failed?!!?!? What, hopefully thats just for the VHS tapes.

Jawmuncher

Hmmm, wonder if that event (Lantern Gameplay) is a story hes being told at the dinner table.
Makes sense, considering everything can't be VHS.BUT OF COURSE they cut away at the tongue cut so we can't see it. I want to know what's going on there. It's probably a big part of the game.

(True Terror)
untitled2vfskd.png

I know, but its like a shit bonus section. I want the part where you have a gun and shoot things, have a real inventory, have real death. The actual game in the present, that we have yet to see basically anything except a tiny few clips from the trailers.

You Failed?!!?!? What, hopefully thats just for the VHS tapes.

Did you think the Ashley section in RE4 was shit?

Jawmuncher

why aren't we playing that demo instead?!?!

You gotta wait for the RE7 Truck to come to your home town.

Did you think the Ashley section in RE4 was shit?

Real Talk....I mean it kinda is when you think about it.
You throw lanterns, Dodge Knights, and do a slide puzzle.

It's thankfully doesn't take much time. If we could play it the Japanese way with fixed camera's, that would be pretty cool though.

No that was great. Imagine if ALL RE4 previews was just the ashley section and they refused to show the rest of the game, the actual hing you play 99% of the time. Thats why I am pissed at this already.

The newest trailer already proved that this is only one element of the game.

Top Bottom