• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil TGS Special Stage Event Stream on Sep 17th (RE7, Vendetta, & More)

turned on the capcom stream and monster hunter stories looks fantastic capcom better not screw up and not bring it over to the west.

Jawmuncher

Imagine if all they showed of RE4 pre launch was the Ashley section. That's how I feel right now.

Universe wise, I like the ideas here. But gameplay wise, yeah that's where i'm at.

----

Lol that ashley section is so not scary. All of the knights get plaga, you bress A+B to dodge and you run away. It would have been a much better section with a stalker enemy.

----

Little cheap to show the E3 trailer again. That should be it for RE7 on Sony. Since the capcom team needs to move to their own stream.

My favorite part of the Ashley sections was crawling under the tables and forcing the cultist to keep running around in circles trying to catch me.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Missed the Lantern demo being played, but interesting a RE7 stream before a RE stream. I won't expect too much from the big stream but we know a Vendetta trailer at least.

Jawmuncher

Missed the Lantern demo being played, but interesting a RE7 stream before a RE stream. I won't expect too much from the big stream but we know a Vendetta trailer at least.

You didn't miss too much, took pictures of what I could.
There was a puzzle and a "load screen", also showed the You Failed screen.

untitled17wjwk.png

untitled2rbuq1.png

JayEH

man, why don't they come off some damned combat

well either it's so basic that they know people won't like it or this is all part of some grand marketing scheme and we're still in the "horror" phase.

edit: oh didn't realize there's another live stream. hope there's something there.

They showed a screen of a storage container with the lid ajar, and the words "Manage to Survive" or something similar. Is that new? Makes me think storage containers are back.

Jawmuncher

well either it's so basic that they know people won't like it or this is all part of some grand marketing scheme and we're still in the "horror" phase.

The marketing is working really well. Right now they're really appealing to new fans, horror fans, and those who fell off awhile back (Not gonna count us RE fans who will play anything). So I think they don't want to show to much as to not spoil, and to maybe not upset the marketing they got going for them.

Youtube Capcom Strem, RE stuff starts in like 10 minutes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGTty0e4Z1w

Have you written up a theory about who the girl is that stabbed Pete through the chest? Could it be that Marguerite just went even crazier as the virus advanced?

Dusk Golem

Thanks for the catch-up. I don't know if there will be gameplay at this event, I expect they'll talk a lot since I notice Tokyo Game Show events usually have a lot of talking, hopefully some interesting bits get translated. Bet they'll talk about the demo some, maybe talk about combat some (not sure if show it off yet though), talk about the new trailer.

To be seen though, I'm in for this.

The marketing is working really well. Right now they're really appealing to new fans, horror fans, and those who fell off awhile back (Not gonna count us RE fans who will play anything). So I think they don't want to show to much as to not spoil, and to maybe not upset the marketing they got going for them.

Exactly. The marketing for this game has been superb. It's getting a lot of non-RE people interested in the game. The RE diehards are going to buy this game on day one anyway. They could stop marketing the game tomorrow and we'd all buy it, sight unseen.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain

Youtube Capcom Strem, RE stuff starts in like 10 minutes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGTty0e4Z1w

That's the Vendetta stuff right?

Dusk Golem

Have you written up a theory about who the girl is that stabbed Pete through the chest? Could it be that Marguerite just went even crazier as the virus advanced?

Not yet, but I do want to do a big dump of info from everything from the recent event, leaks, etc., eventually. Probably when news has calmed down. I definitely have some theories.

They must REALLY not want to show past the first hour or two of the game.

So...all they have for RE7 is old trailers and demos?

This is Gematsu's description FOR SIE's STREAM:

11:30 to 12:00 – Resident Evil 7: biohazard (YouTube, Niconico) – A PlayStation VR live demonstration play challenge of Resident Evil 7: biohazard with a special guest.

So I imagine that they're saving all the juicy bits (i.e. nothing) for the actual Capcom conference in 5 minutes.

Their description for Capcom's conference:

12:25 to 13:10 – Resident Evil Special Stage Part 1: Resident Evil 7: biohazard Stage – Featuring Masachika Kawata (producer) and Tsuyoshi Kanada (producer). The latest information on the numbered Resident Evil game.
13:10 to 13:15 – Talk
13:20 to 13:50 – Resident Evil Special Stage Part 2: Resident Evil 20th Anniversary and Movie Contents Stage – Featuring Hiroyuki Kobayashi (producer) and Masachika Kawata (producer). A producer talk stage full of Resident Evil-related information. The laetst information on the live-action Resident Evil: The Final Chapter and the CG Resident Evil: Vendetta, too!
13:50 to 14:00 – Resident Evil Booth Talk

JayEH

Exactly. The marketing for this game has been superb. It's getting a lot of non-RE people interested in the game. The RE diehards are going to buy this game on day one anyway. They could stop marketing the game tomorrow and we'd all buy it, sight unseen.

it would still be nice of them to show the typical gameplay loop because right now I'm not sold.

Wait so the CapcomChannel link is just gonna be a VR demo?

No, I'm an idiot and forgot to include that that's the description for the SIE stream. This is the description for Capcom:

12:25 to 13:10 – Resident Evil Special Stage Part 1: Resident Evil 7: biohazard Stage – Featuring Masachika Kawata (producer) and Tsuyoshi Kanada (producer). The latest information on the numbered Resident Evil game.

13:10 to 13:15 – Talk

13:20 to 13:50 – Resident Evil Special Stage Part 2: Resident Evil 20th Anniversary and Movie Contents Stage – Featuring Hiroyuki Kobayashi (producer) and Masachika Kawata (producer). A producer talk stage full of Resident Evil-related information. The laetst information on the live-action Resident Evil: The Final Chapter and the CG Resident Evil: Vendetta, too!

13:50 to 14:00 – Resident Evil Booth Talk

I think the total opposite. No one I know seems to care cause they have shown nothing that looks like a game they want to play when in reality it probably is a game most people would want to play.

Terrible marketing. Show the game.

Also there is so much less buzz around this game. Every major RE game is a monster event, tons of hype. This has been nothing, quiet, like a small game from a small dev. this is RE, it should be one of the biggest games of any year.

Waiting for some more gameplay of RE7

Maybe a teaser for REmake 2 or a new game (A mercenaries one please!! though I shouldn't get my hopes up)

it would still be nice of them to show the typical gameplay loop because right now I'm not sold.

I'm sure they'll show it eventually.

But if they don't and it ends up in the final game, does it really matter?

I think the total opposite. No one I know seems to care cause they have shown nothing that looks like a game they want to play when in reality it probably is a game most people would want to play.

Terrible marketing. Show the game.

Agree to disagree.

I hope they show a teaser for the live action movie. I'm excited for all of it though, from games to movies to a celebration of the series' 20th anniversary. This franchise has delivered year after year and continues to do so.

JayEH

I'm sure they'll show it eventually.

But if they don't and it ends up in the final game, does it really matter?

Agree to disagree.

well if it ends up being there cool but right now even as a big RE fan I'm not rushing to pre order right now off what I'm seeing.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
It might be a subtle message to us. We replayed the demo over and over, because of the fucking dummy finger. Now they are replaying the trailer over and over.

Top Bottom