• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil TGS Special Stage Event Stream on Sep 17th (RE7, Vendetta, & More)

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Main conference is over. There is another event going tomorrow which isn't clear what it is, but RE7 related:

September 18th:
(This is in Japanese time)
11:10 to 11:40 – Resident Evil 7: biohazard Game Introduction – An introduction to Resident Evil 7: biohazard, due out on January 26, 2017. All for the sake of “fear.”

This would take place on September 17th in America, at 7:10 - 7:40 PM PST / 10:10 - 10:40 PM EST.

It runs 30 minutes, maybe it's a playthrough of the recent 'Lantern' gameplay demo, maybe it's a recap of a recap, maybe it's something new? We don't know!

-LINKS-
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuvihCmw99w
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/capcom_channel

t1474164600z4.png

I'm ok with the demo I played of RE7 (yes, I know they say the game will be different)

They have yet to show this difference yet, all in all I am keeping my expectations in check for sure. While I like what I played I wouldn't say this is the RE I want. I really really want to see that 1-3 style and to end graphics, the music the tension, the puzzles and yes even the camera and game play. I think it would do well, surprised an Indie studio hasn't made it to be honest.

I watch almost every stream and conference since like who knows when? whenever they started streaming on the internet. Probably a bit near 2000 ?

but I may skip this as I am getting tired of being let down.

They are releasing a VR demo though, wonder if that is the only new demo or what

Dusk Golem

The picture makes me think they will either update the demo to give the finger a purpose or release a new one.

It could very well happen, they released the original demo at E3. Also to mention, the Capcom Tokyo Game Show Page mentions that players in Japan will have the chance to be the first to play the 'updated' demo, which is info that only updated to their TGS page today.

They also get this bag if they go play the demo:
novelty.jpg

Something also to mention, this is being done on their Capcom TV channels, which makes sense since they're basically the Capcom Japan community people and streamers, so I think there's a chance they either might be at this event or are hosting it, which is something to keep in mind. If you've seen one of those before, you'll know what I mean. They usually talk for a while, then play the game they're showing off for 20 minutes, then talk some more. Since this is a special stage event for TGS though, maybe they'll do something different?

It could very well happen, they released the original demo at E3. Also to mention, the Capcom Tokyo Game Show Page mentions that players in Japan will have the chance to be the first to play the 'updated' demo, which is info that only updated to their TGS page today.

They also get this bag if they go play the demo:
novelty.jpg

Id like the bag, I'd just take that and skip the demo honestly. I dont like playing gamess at events unless they are very pick up and play. I like to play through whole games without seeing or trying too much in such a "party" like enviorenment lol

But, yeah I want this

Dusk Golem

I can't wait to finally find out what Rebecca's been up to all this time.

To be honest, I'm excited for the Vendetta information too. That will almost 100% have a trailer, both Degeneration and Damnation had trailers at TGS, for Degeneration it was its first full-fledged trailer, for Damnation it was its more detailed trailer..

Interested to see how the third CG film mixed Leon, Chris, and Rebecca together. Also Leon's moody new motorcycle. I actually liked Damnation, and know that Vendetta has some real talent behind it (writers of Psycho Pass, musician from Ghost in the Shell and much more, Ju-On The Grudge director working on it, new animation studio who handles SEGA's CG animation, and it's supposed to be aiming to be more of a horror movie compared to the first two).

Pachimari

Would be nice to get an update on Resident Evil 2: Remake, even if it's just a quick "development is going well, and we expect to share news soon."

Dusk Golem

Famitsu released two teaser shots of Resident Evil: Vendetta for their upcoming issue also.

4fdd1e7927da1b10217300e52d30e3dc.png

Small images and no further info, but more than we had.

Would be nice to get an update on Resident Evil 2: Remake, even if it's just a quick "development is going well, and we expect to share news soon."

I think it might be a bit too soon to say, but maybe they might mention it in passing in the 20th anniversary part of the stream. Of course, they'll be speaking Japanese so I wouldn't know if they were just talking about it or at least what they were saying if they did.

Elios83

In the meantime Capcom has announced (the obvious) PS4 Pro support for RE7:

Resident Evil 7 biohazard is compatible with the PlayStation®4 Pro, scheduled to go on sale from Nov. 11.
Get the best possible gameplay experience with crisp 4K resolution and the enhanced brightness capabilities of HDR video.
(Requires TV/monitor that meets 4K/HDR standards.)

Finally the real RE7 reveal. I hate the way capcom has shown this game so far, a complete total mess. Show everyone that this is RE, that this is probably the closest to classic RE we have come in a longtime. I expect tons of gameplay and a demo for us to play. And finally everyone will be excited.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
My biggest wish has always been for ports of the dreamcast versions of resident evil 2 and 3. There were also really good pc dvd ports in Japan if recall correctly.

The original Resident Evil is also 640x480 on pc.

I wish they'd get these games running in GOG for modern pcs, or port and collect those three titles in a mega man legacy style collection with Code Veronica, weskers reports, some developer interviews, and art.

It would be really cool to have every entry available on this generation.

Jawmuncher

Wonder if we might get a sneak peek at REmake2.

I expect a small bit of news on RE2make. Like a logo and a render. Maybe a CG trailer. Since that could be made without the need for the game itself.

Aside from that I'm still hoping they announce new third game there. When they said there was another title for fans,sounded like it wasn't that far away that they couldn't reveal it.
My biggest wish has always been for ports of the dreamcast versions of resident evil 2 and 3. There were also really good pc dvd ports in Japan if recall correctly.

The original Resident Evil is also 640x480 on pc.

I wish they'd get these games running in GOG for modern pcs, or port and collect those three titles in a mega man legacy style collection with Code Veronica, weskers reports, some developer interviews, and art.

It would be really cool to have every entry available on this generation.

I've been wanting to see the older games get rereleased on PC for some time. Along with Dino crisis. Seems like they arent bothering for whatever reason though. Shame, since it would be easy money. Especially whole everyone waits for the remakes.

kc44135

I've expressed skepticism over RE7 in the past (due to what seems to just be poor marketing so far), but I'm very excited for this. This is Capcom's chance to finally show us what RE7 is all about, and I really hope they take this opportunity to just blow us all away. Fingers crossed! Also, as far as the Ambassador finger tease goes, I personally believe we're getting another demo, and hopefully one that has combat and other elements more representative of the final game.

kc44135

Finally the real RE7 reveal. I hate the way capcom has shown this game so far, a complete total mess. Show everyone that this is RE, that this is probably the closest to classic RE we have come in a longtime. I expect tons of gameplay and a demo for us to play. And finally everyone will be excited.

My thoughts exactly, MiamiWesker. Give us actual gameplay, and less hiding from old ladies (still hoping that's just a one off sequence or something).

Jawmuncher

I've expressed skepticism over RE7 in the past (due to what seems to just be poor marketing so far), but I'm very excited for this. This is Capcom's chance to finally show us what RE7 is all about, and I really hope they take this opportunity to just blow us all away. Fingers crossed! Also, as far as the Ambassador finger tease goes, I personally believe we're getting another demo, and hopefully one that has combat and other elements more representative of the final game.

I just want detective gaf back. That was a fun thread, even if it resulted in nothing.

kc44135

I expect a small bit of news on RE2make. Like a logo and a render. Maybe a CG trailer. Since that could be made without the need for the game itself.

Aside from that I'm still hoping they announce new third game there. When they said there was another title for fans,sounded like it wasn't that far away that they couldn't reveal it.

I've been wanting to see the older games get rereleased on PC for some time. Along with Dino crisis. Seems like they arent bothering for whatever reason though. Shame, since it would be easy money. Especially whole everyone waits for the remakes.

Capcom said there's another RE coming besides RE2 and 7? That would be awesome! Personally, I'd like to a see another third person RE that tries to build on RE6's mechanics. That game has many flaws, but it's core gameplay mechanics are really strong, and I'd love to see Capcom try to build off them in another game a rather than just abandon them. Maybe Revelations 3 or even a Standalone Mercs game would be good candidates?

Also yeah, I'd LOVE to see the PS1 RE's and also Dino Crisis 1 and 2 (DC 3 should remain lost to time, Imo) get rereleased on PC, or even released as a collection on current Consoles. Especially if they could base the ports off the Dreamcast versions. It would probably be easy money for Capcom, too.

strafer

Capcom said there's another RE coming besides RE2 and 7? That would be awesome! Personally, I'd like to a see another third person RE that tries to build on RE6's mechanics. That game has many flaws, but it's core gameplay mechanics are really strong, and I'd love to see Capcom try to build off them in another game a rather than just abandon them. Maybe Revelations 3 or even a Standalone Mercs game would be good candidates?

Also yeah, I'd LOVE to see the PS1 RE's and also Dino Crisis 1 and 2 (DC 3 should remain lost to time, Imo) get rereleased on PC, or even released as a collection on current Consoles. Especially if they could base the ports off the Dreamcast versions. It would probably be easy money for Capcom, too.

Just give me Rev 3.

kc44135

I just want detective gaf back. That was a fun thread, even if it resulted in nothing.

Yeah, I was pretty involved in that thread too. I actually tried walking around the house in the demo for like half an hour while playing Moonlight Sonata into my mic (I was trying to see if it would open up a hidden wall RE1 style, haha). It of course resulted in nothing. Good times, though.

Jawmuncher

Just give me Rev 3.

I'm curious how things would go if they did Rev 3, but focused on action. Would be a 180 from what that series started out as though. Not like such a shift would be a big deal to capcom though.

I still want to say that it would be a new series name, but keep the idea of revelations. On its focus of classic characters and such.

kc44135

Just give me Rev 3.

Yeah, I'm hoping for Rev 3 as well. What I'm personally hoping for is that Capcom can provide something for everyone with RE in the future. RE7 takes the series in a new direction while RE2's REmake (hopefully) returns the series to it's Survival Horror roots, and maybe Rev 3 or even a Standalone Mercs game could carry the torch for third person Resi.

Dusk Golem

In the meantime Capcom has announced (the obvious) PS4 Pro support for RE7:

Good to know, heard about it too, not too surprising but good to know.

Btw are your times correct? If this starts at noon in Japan that would be 11pm est the day before for us.

It's 5:25 AM - 7:00 AM (Saturday morning) CEST. So US should be around 10-11 PM (Friday night) - depending on the time zone.

I actually work with someone in Japan on a regular basis, I'm in PST time zone and Japanese Standard Time is 16 hours ahead of PST time, which is easier to think of as 8 hours behind and a day. Since the conference starts at 12:25 PM JST, that would translate to 4:25 AM PST. But there might be a variable here I'm missing, since I am getting weird conflicting information when I google it where some say the time I listed, some say the time you guys are thinking. But I'm basing this math off of the person who lives in Japan I have to time schedule for sometimes.

Would it be stupid to expect any kind of RE2make update here?

I'd say its unlikely, but not impossible. I don't think they'll talk REmake 2 until after RE7 is out though, but there is a 30-minute general Resident Evil part of this stage event, though we know some time will be dedicated to the two films.

Famitsu released two teaser shots of Resident Evil: Vendetta for their upcoming issue also.

4fdd1e7927da1b10217300e52d30e3dc.png

Small images and no further info, but more than we had.

I think it might be a bit too soon to say, but maybe they might mention it in passing in the 20th anniversary part of the stream. Of course, they'll be speaking Japanese so I wouldn't know if they were just talking about it or at least what they were saying if they did.

Oh shit that cover looks cool. Knew nothing about it except it'd have Rebecca in it

...but prolly shouldn't get too excited :\

I wanna know who the guy at the top of the poster is and why we have a vendetta

It's very clearly Steve Burnside who is mad at everyone for forgetting about his corpse

Dusk Golem

Oh shit that cover looks cool. Knew nothing about it except it'd have Rebecca in it

...but prolly shouldn't get too excited :\

It's very clearly Steve Burnside who is mad at everyone for forgetting about his corpse

I wanna know who the guy at the top of the poster is and why we have a vendetta

The figure is obviously important, I wonder if it's related to the
weird Wesker teasings in Umbrella Corps.

Also, I just noticed Chris has a beard on that poster. Huh...

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Vendetta news! Here for this.
That villain tease! Is he the one with the vendetta? Is this the man from Umbrella Corps?

If Ada got Carla, would make sense for wesker to perhaps be cloned.

What, that colossal imbecile?

The C-Virus cloning/making someone into an entirely different person is one of the strangest things to come from that game and I honestly hope most of the plot from RE6 is ignored

Top Bottom