• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Reuters) Internal report: Trump border 'wall' to cost $21.6 billion, take 3.5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
kAbZwBy.gif

Amazing. Wrong day to eat corn flakes with milk in front of the computer.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Well, this is a bad (and incredibly expensive) idea, I agree, but....the ruins of the wall will be a cool world heritage site thousands of years from now.

There are lots of very extensive, interesting fortifications throughout history, some of which are quite long. The Inner German border for example.

I've got to say though, how exactly would you guys reduce illegal immigration? It might be in decline, but it's still significant. Do you think there should be no restrictions? Do you consider more enforcement a bad thing? What about Mexico, which may not benefit from free movement?

sangreal

Have they figured how they are going to build this in the areas with impossible terrain?

I'll be shocked if this is even past the planning stages in 4 years. It's also a government project so you can be nearly positive that if it does go through it'll cost way more than the quote and probably take three times as long

its been in planning for like 30 years but none of the solutions are effective (in cost or keeping migrants out) and/or possible. Trump's contribution is to just say fuck it, build it anyway so no planning required. Throwing $20B in the trash

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
They better build it to cruising altitude and at least 500 feet below the surface of the Earth as well.....

UCBooties

one day that wall will fall into ruin

It's going to need to be built in segments, so depending on how long it takes, how consistently it is funded, and how much natural and artificial wear it endures, parts of it could easily be decrepit before it is even complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom