• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Reuters) Internal report: Trump border 'wall' to cost $21.6 billion, take 3.5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyzer

Banned
It could be 50b by the end of the project and he will still grasp at a new reality. "Its huge, I mean, talk about a wall, it's so huge and so big. And we did it under what some people said the budget was gonna be!"

The final cost is probably going to cost three times as much. Maybe five times as much when factoring maintenance and potential lawsuits that may be waged over issues related to it.

What a complete waste of resources.

Dai101

Banned
Mexicos money

giphy.gif

Demoskinos

What a fine fine use of money that couldn't be put back into other things like healthcare or improving infrastructure or education or you know like... fucking anything other than a fucking wall.

Famassu

Thats not as expensive as I thought, but still a waste of funds.
Smaller projects go overbudget by hundreds of millions of dollars and break many deadlines pretty easily. Considering how massive of an undertaking this would be, all kinds of complications can probably raise that budget much, much higher.

Slayven

Smaller projects go overbudget by hundreds of millions of dollars and break many deadlines pretty easily. Considering how massive of an undertaking this would be, all kinds of complications can probably raise that budget much, much higher.

I am probably miss remembering this, but isn't there a train tunnel in new york or Boston they been building for 30 years?

G0523

Yeah, 3.5 years. Because we all know construction always meets their deadlines.

Too bad that money isn't being used somewhere else. Like, literally ANYWHERE ELSE.

This will go billions over budget and take 8 years minimum. Also, it won't keep out immigrants and will be even less effective keeping out drugs.

Thats not as expensive as I thought, but still a waste of funds.

That's because there's no fuckin way this report is accurate. Not a chance in hell this will be done in less than a term, and it will DEFINITELY go way over that budget when it does. Plus, you'd need years just to actually plan a project of this size, let alone build it (but I suppose that's giving the Trump administration the benefit of the doubt in regards to doing any legitimate preparatory work instead of trying to pull it out of their ass, which would DEFINITELY lead to overbudget and overdue)

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Next, we find out that a company wins the contract before the bidding even starts, and this companay just happens to involve some of those in Trump's staff.

You know it's coming.

Roo

Everytime Trump threatens us our Peso gets devaluated more and this asshole wants Mexico to pay $20 billion for that stupid crap? With the Peso as it is in part because of him? Good luck with that!

Not saying you're wrong but the peso has been making some progress/recovery lately despite what the orange Oompa Loompa has been saying. Ealier last moth the dollar was sitting at $22.80 but now it's at $20.30 something.

Granted, we won't be anywhere near 2014 that was at $13 anytime soon (if ever again lol) but if the goverment starts doing some active investment outside the US to break the heavy dependance, things shouldn't be as dark as some were predicting when the baby hands troll took office.

RinsFury

I'll be there to help knock it down in four years. Maybe I'll hold on to a chunk to toss throw a window at Trump Tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom