• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RiME Review Thread

Buggy Loop

wait, Game Informer reviewd the game on the Switch?

DArzOGPXkAAeBQp.jpg:large

that must be an error right?

Wut

I somehow hope it is true, so that the wait for Switch version is much closer than we thought, but it has to be an error..

Mahonay

Banned
Didn't expect these kind of reviews out of a game that languished in development. Nice! Rime was one of those games I got super hyped for around the launch of PS4. Happy to see it come out the other end in good shape. Congrats to that team.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Lol at the universally bloated scores from Spanish sites.

~7,5 seems the consensus ignoring those, still better than the interactive wallpaper Journey and the AI Fighting Simulator TLG, I'm ok with it.

Isn't AI fighting simulator a good description of 99% of all games?

I just don't understand why you are downplaying these experiences, it doesn't have to be for you but calling journey an interactive wallpaper is just dumb.

Nev

Banned

I just don't understand why you are downplaying these experiences, it doesn't have to be for you but calling journey an interactive wallpaper is just dumb.

Yeah but these AIs you're fighting in the other games are not your allies.

Anyways I think TLG is a good game. The 12€ I paid for Journey still hurt though.

Ferr986

Lol at the universally bloated scores from Spanish sites.

~7,5 seems the consensus ignoring those, still better than the interactive wallpaper Journey and the AI Fighting Simulator TLG, I'm ok with it.

wut? there's a lot of non Spanish sites that gave the game a 9, including EDGE, that doesn't shy around to give low scores.

Interssting it seems that smaller publications really enjoyed it but then some of the bigger sites didn't. Wonder why it's kinda split like that

Koozek

Ohhh, seems good. The recent dev diaries were promising and made me more excited. Will get it someday when I have more time again.

Mahonay

Banned
Interssting it seems that smaller publications really enjoyed it but then some of the bigger sites didn't. Wonder why it's kinda split like that
A lot of the really big sites have strict rating formulas that their editors have to follow, so that can be harsh on a game like this.

I wish my house had wallpaper that sexy :(

Circinus

Umm, so is this good or bad?

Such a huge gap between the larger sites and some of the smaller sites...

I guess everyone had a unique experience....

Wow, that's unbelievable! It's almost like different persons writing for a website/publication are writing different reviews!!

Do Americans always think in black/white like this? And what a review is?

Watch out. People got real aggressive when I suggested that the reviews were divisive in the other thread.

Looking at the review scores, if this game qualifies as divisive then the vast majority of games that have >20 reviews are divisive.

CANLI

Then it's a 7 for me as scores of Destructoid always correspond at what I think.

I hope that the Switch version sells well..

Gonna wait for Switch version unless player impressions are overwhelmingly positive, in which case I'll probably go with Steam version.

skny

Some of these complaints in low score reviews gives me the impression that this game is like The Witness but with a bigger emphasis on platforming.

Kneefoil

Huh... RiME's doing slightly better than I had expected. I thought it'd get a lot of 7s and 8s, with some 6s and 9s, and an average of 7-point-something.

sublimit

Banned
I'll be buying it in the next few days even though i will not be able to play it until the end of June.I really want to support games like this!

tayls129

If y'all bastards that gave The Last Guardian shit are super excited for this game, damn you to hell. The core of this game is the same feeling of loneliness and "fill in the story for yourself" that made that game fan-freaking-tastic.

conpfreak

Should I wait for the Switch version or pick up the PS4 version? Portable play would be nice, especially since I'm expecting to travel over the summer.

phanphare

Banned
woah scores are a lot better than I thought they would be. I guess I just unfairly assumed this game wouldn't pan out once Sony dropped it.

guess I'll wait for the Switch version and see what the temperature of the room is then

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Ok, I'm in!

PC or PS4?

Well, it's a single-player game, so whichever compares favourably. The PS4 version is 1080p30 while the PC version supports at least 60fps and, presumably, arbitrary resolutions.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
This looks very promising. Plan to watch a few videos and wait for gaf impressions before buying.
For the love of god do not watch any videos (let's plays, playthroughs etc.). It is best to not know anything about the game at all.

Well, it's a single-player game, so whichever compares favourably. The PS4 version is 1080p30 while the PC version supports at least 60fps and presumably has full arbitrary resolution support.

Neither PS4 Pro ( 30 fps ) or PC (60 fps ) achieves these targets atm. See other Rime thread.

Top Bottom