• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor – CD Projekt RED To Sign A Publishing Deal Or Be Bought By Electronic Arts

How excited are you for this news?

Results are only viewable after voting.

RedSwirl

g1ZBeQE.jpg

Corto

"Now introducing Origin Classics. It's a rebranding of the GOG you've come to love with new exciting features! Share your purchases, your screenshots and your status on every social network! Your favorite twenty year old game will always be up to date thanks to the permanent connection to our servers! (requires an Internet connection to run)

Exactly!

I hope, in time, that human technological progress would allow a cross-world portal to be built, and lead us all into that perfect parallel universe you spoke of.

Eh, Bioware going down in quality was their own fault. The ending of ME3 wasn't EA mandated that's for sure. And the fact that they let the B team take reigns over Dragon Age meant they were never that interested in it, past the first one serving as a love letter to their old games. Which makes sense, considering how derivative the lore of Dragon Age has been up to Inquistion.

It's obvious that the Docs were looking to get out of gaming as soon as they sold the company to EA.

Euron

The Witcher 3 is the best game this gen so far and one of the best RPG's I have ever played. Cyberpunk is my most anticipated game of the gen going forward. It'd be fucking devastating if this happens.

Window

Oh, I thought you meant you don't understand why they'd do this not you don't understand the rumour.

Yeah I was just considering what plausible incentives CDPR would have to engage in any deals with EA. The publishing deal for Cyberpunk (even if it's far off) mentioned earlier in the thread may be more believable.

On the plus side, a Star Wars game from them would be awesome in the short run. Maybe a publishing deal?
Why is this being used as the argument? If Bioware hasn't made a new star wars rpg since KOTOR what makes people think they'd bring in a new studio just go make a star wars rpg? Sounds like EA simply isn't interested in making a new star wars rpg title

Frog-fu

Banned
Panicked there for a second but then realised this doesn't seem credible at all. CD Projekt RED are so fundamentally different as a company that I just cannot see them folding into EA.

GavinUK86

Yeah I was just considering what plausible incentives CDPR would have to engage in any deals with EA. The publishing deal for Cyberpunk (even if it's far off) mentioned earlier in the thread may be more believable.
Yup, considering how hot CDPR's name has become since TW3, I wouldn't be surprised if EA are visiting (if that parts even true) to negotiate some PS4 deal with the second TW3 expansion or Cyberpunk. The buyout is complete rubbish.

I don't see the point of the poll, even if it was true. There is nothing we can do about it.

From my standpoint, it doesn't matter. A studio that exist is better than a studio that doesn't exist. If they are seriously considering this option it probably means things are not going too well for them.

soultron

Banned
I'm going to pretend that the likelihood of people shedding actual tears over this is as likely as EA purchasing CDPR.

It's time for everyone to slow down, take a breath, and read the actual contents of the thread before posting further nonsense.

GavinUK86

I don't see the point of the poll, even if it was true. There is nothing we can do about it.

From my standpoint, it doesn't matter. A studio that exist is better than a studio that doesn't exist. If they are seriously considering this option it probably means things are not going too well for them.
We know things are going fantastic for them right now.

artsi

Why is everyone panicking? There's a tweet a few pages ago that disputes it already.

Honestly it doesn't matter what they tweet, the only option for them is to deny it.

True or not, they can't disclose major deals of a publicly traded company in Twitter. There needs to be an official announcement through proper channels.

My Mexican sources are saying that they'll be bought to write the story for Madden 17'. But only after CDPR have finished writing all the pause screen tool tips for the newest Need for Speed.

Top Bottom