• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor – CD Projekt RED To Sign A Publishing Deal Or Be Bought By Electronic Arts

How excited are you for this news?

Results are only viewable after voting.
68ea9a69dba3765d4caf78d371babf51.gif

okay i just contacted my polish sources and they said this is indeed happening there might be an EA buyout and cdpr will be rebranded bioware poland BUT EA may not have money left after buying out nintendo so we juts have to wait for kimishima to make a decision
BRB contacting mods so you can send them sources :p

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Pretty sure WB would outbid anyone if locking up CDPR was on the table. Witcher's been a big success for them in the US.

GavinUK86

I don't understand. I thought CDPR had been doing well independently. Do they feel constrained by their current set up? They certainly take their time in releasing new games as developers but is that due to the nature of their work/design practices or a lack of capital? May be they're unsatisfied on the publishing/marketing front instead?

The Witcher 3 barely sold, they're completely in the red and they need a buyout from a huge company to stay afloat.

As long as they don't touch GOG I am square. Seriously CDPR makes a neat game series but GOG.com is a great alternative to steam and while not as big I love it.

If EA controls GOG.com I will download everything I've bought immediately and back it up, because that will be the end of GOG.com.

I really hope this is not true

Moff

it wouldn't surprise me, honestly.
CDPR have shown disappointing behavior in the lead up to witcher 3. the graphics dumbdown, the exclusive XBONE content, disappointing their most loyal fans on the pc platform.

witcher 3 still turned out to be an amazing game, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if CDPR sells out compeltely now. I actually even think they deserve it.

Tigress

hopefully they force cdpr to implement online in the witcher, this is 2015 ffs.

The fact they said they were doing so only and wanting to focus on making the best sp experience is exactly why I got interested in Witcher in the first place. There are plenty of games that have mp (and sacrifice the sp experience for the easier to do and more lucrative mp), not every game has to have it and there is a place for games that want to give us sp players there full attention.

But, stuff like that is one of the many reasons I don't buy EA games.

Uhm.

This rumor just exists cause of that one tweet?

They just finished Witcher 3, they're probably looking for publishers who'd fund a title so they don't have to take the full risk. You're not making publishing deals when something is about to release, you make them at the very start, to get a project signed.

I think that's the normal way devs do things and that employee probably had no idea with how these things work and got all panicky.

If EA controls GOG.com I will download everything I've bought immediately and back it up, because that will be the end of GOG.com.

I really hope this is not true

The fake rumor is about CDPR which is the gaming subsidiary owned under CDP, GOG is a different subsidiary under CDP. EA won't get their hands on on GOG unless they buy out the whole of CDP itself.

Fractal

Banned
Hahahahahahahaha
From a financial standpoint, I doubt Bioware was ever stronger than as of now. Mass Effect and Dragon Age are major names in the industry which pushed them very high, and both were created under EA. Whatever you may think of the quality of their more recent games is subjective, but saying anything about EA ruining Bioware is factually incorrect.

Illucio

Banned
If they do this I'll never buy one of their games again.

I have never bought a EA game for years because their a shit company. (As well as Ubisoft and Gearbox.)

Fbh

Guys...remember how the witcher 3 had 16 free dlc's.
Well our next game will have 20!!!!!!*

* for owners of the $49.99 season pass

@marcin360

https://twitter.com/Marcin360/status/643441015244853248

getting a big whiff of absolute twaddle

Yeah, pretty much confirmed false here.

Is this really true? I haven't played W3 much yet (too much other stuff), waiting for a digital sale on PS4. I prefer to play on PS4 vs xbone or PC but is the PS4 port bad?

Slightly worse frame rate in a couple of areas versus the Xbone version, but calling the port "shitty" is blatant lies.

"Our management is probably talking with Electronic Arts about potential take over. Electronic Arts representatives are currently visiting our studio and meeting with top management."

aka, I saw someone with a visitor badge that said EA on it walking around and TIME TO GO INSANE.

take Triss from me if old.

who wants Triss?

Anyways wasn't it said that the upper management was pretty aloof from the whole development process etc and that CDPR isn't that great a place to work at?

If true it would make sense for them to try make bank now that they are worth more than anytime before and before having to invest heavily into a new project. Dunno though sounds unlikely

This feels like Bioware all over again...for the love of God CDPR please stay indy.......or go to Sony

yeah take it away from all other platforms... sheesh.

Lime

Well the good thing about EA buying CDProjekt would be that we would finally see non-White people in their games. (EA is a bit more cognizant when it comes to issues of diversity.)

My money is on that this is just a rumor though

Top Bottom