• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: ACIV: Black Flag is sub-1080p on Xbox One

ShOcKwAvE

Another week, another resolution thread. Aren't we all exhausted at this point? Just focus on the launch this week and move on.

Damian.

Banned
Just sit back farther from the TV, or use the TV you bought for the 360 8 fucking years ago. It should look great on that!

This is Par for the Xbox Course. Anything multiplatform is going to be around 720p. I accepted that a while ago. I'm still getting a Xbox because I like it's first party titles more.

That said, I'm going to build a PC for multiplatform titles that I really care about. I get people want to be mad at microsoft and that's why all this stuff about PS4 > Xbox is floating around but the point is virtually moot when you add PC into the mix and with Steam Big Picture. Xbox Controller support and Steam Controller + Steam Boxes on the horizon It's never been easier to have that comfy couch experience with a PC.

I would be shocked (I wouldn't).

Guess it might be time to expect this kind of thing. Not that anyone can actually tell the difference, of course. I only have a 720p TV anyway. And I sit far from my TV.

boeso

No. Better graphics per pixel since there are less of them. Therefore more pixels with better graphics. Therefore less is more.

I think I lost myself for a second there, up in the clouds. Limitless power balanced Calvin Klein.

Dark1x called this first, in a thread that showed the first footage of the XB1 version of Black Flag last week.

Dark1x estimated it ran at 900p according to his brief analysis of the crappy video footage.

I've played the game briefly on both consoles and to be honest I didn't notice any difference whatsoever.

Yeah, but that's because you're a Liar/Shill/Intentional AIDS spreader/Fuck your opinion/"Mainstream media" apologist asshole.

WHY CAN'T YOU JUST SHUT UP AND BE AS UNHAPPY AS I WANT YOU TO BE?!?!

Makes me sick I tell you...

E92 M3

The cloud will fix it.
MadLightningCloud.gif

Chucker

At this point, I'd be more surprised to find a native 1080p game, and all offenders are guilty until proven innocent.

Innocent of being one thousand and eighty p's.

nib95

Banned
Not surprising. The PS4 is all but guaranteed to have the best versions of multi platform games. And we're talking bigger differences than you found this generation and all.

And the game is suppose to run at 30fps too right?

do remember these are the recommended pc specs

Recommended:

OS: Windows Vista SP2 or Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8 (both 32/64bit versions)
Processor: Intel Core i5 2400S @ 2.5 GHz or better or AMD Phenom II x4 940 @ 3.0 GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 470 or AMD Radeon HD 5850 (1024MB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0) or better

Hard Drive: 30 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest drivers

Either these specs are complete bullshit... or... idk?

step your game up next gen.

BearPawB

Banned
It's becoming clear that ps4/PC is going to be the place to play 3rd party games.

Xbox one is going to be in that wiiu zone where the exclusives better be worth it. (And I think they will end up being)

Top Bottom