• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: ACIV: Black Flag is sub-1080p on Xbox One

Sethos

Banned
Someone should just make a sort of diagram of recommended distance from tv for xb1/ps4.

change the captions here perhaps
09basics-web-articleLarge-v2.jpg

hVMJ3Dc.png

dreamfall

Yikes!

Here we go again!

Would like to hear directly from Ubi to know what's really up. Reminds me of early multi platform parity struggles that the PS3 had that continued for a lot of this gen.

Ishan

this was expected ... also expected visual differences in games running same res/framerate on both eg nba2k14 ... its old news now ... acceptance is being reached after bf and cod double combo i think

Derrick01

Banned
This isn't a surprise. At this point with this system it's news if a game actually does hit 1080p or has better textures, draw distance or anything really.

Doran902

I can't believe im buying a 500 dollar system in 2013 that is running games at the same resolution as Quake 4 on the 360 in 2005.

Oh well, atleast the games should still be fun.

sestrugen

The cloud will fix it

Don't play the resolution

All games will output at 1080p

You didn't gave us a chance to explain our vision of the future

Resolution doesn't matter for all games except for Forza 5 where its at glorious 1080p

Steel

Banned
If the PS4 has both greater draw distance -and- resolution, what's the likelyhood that the xbone is missing other effects that Markus didn't notice?

netBuff

Yikes!

Here we go again!

Would like to hear directly from Ubi to know what's really up. Reminds me of early multi platform parity struggles that the PS3 had that continued for a lot of this gen.

It's not the same situation, as the power gulf is much wider this time and Xbone is universally weaker than PS4. That wasn't this clear-cut the case with 360 vs. PS3.

Well, folks can downplay it if they want, but this stuff continues to affirm why it's a good idea to start with a PS4 as an all around console and get an Xbox for exclusives down the road.

Damian.

Banned
XBone is turning out to be such a failure of epic proportions. Anyone who still buys one desires the worst possible experience for a most premium price, why would you do that to yourself? :DD

Well, folks can downplay it if they want, but this stuff continues to affirm why it's a good idea to start with a PS4 as an all around console and get an Xbox for exclusives down the road.

Unless nothing about the PS4 exclusives appeal to you and you like Xbox Exclusives.

afoni

Banned
I love you, videogames. Your controversies and the fanbase's reaction to them are what keep me coming back.

Never change.

I really love watching the a720pologists defend the "balance", i can't wait till 4K becomes the aspiration and MS output at 1080p 30fps and people start saying these same arguments

antitrop

XBone is turning out to be such a failure of epic proportions. Anyone who still buys one desires the worst possible experience possible for a most premium price, why would you do that to yourself? :DD
A few exclusives and because their friends are already on it.

Unless you massively overvalue launch games, the Xbox One seems like a poor buy.

-PXG-

This is precisely what I'm doing. I'll be there once Halo 5 (if it's good) and a new Gears (if it's good) drop. Throw in some good XBLA games and I'm good to go. But until then, they ain't shit to me.

I love you, videogames. Your controversies and the fanbase's reaction to them are what keep me coming back.

Never change.

Holy shit at your tag. How did you get that?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I think the more important thing here is that ps4 also has a bigger draw distance, which is honestly a better gameplay feature than resolution(imo). That and I think it would be more than a rumor on that point, very easy to tell if draw distances are different.

And where did you see that? Never heard of that.

Sorc3r3r

XBone is turning out to be such a failure of epic proportions. Anyone who still buys one desires the worst possible experience possible for a most premium price, why would you do that to yourself? :DD

First party games, friends, multimedia integration...:)

A year and a half ago if anyone claimed that we would see a good number of games on the next gen Xbox would run at 720p... You would get laughed off the forum. This is just sad.

Daffy Duck

XBone is turning out to be such a failure of epic proportions. Anyone who still buys one desires the worst possible experience for a most premium price, why would you do that to yourself? :DD

Because the XB1 has games I want to play more than the PS4 does.

Top Bottom