• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Destiny 2. No co-op campaign. Missions can only be re-played as a fireteam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorry

untitledwesr6.png

Deku Tree

During the reveal someone from ign asked if the campaign could be played through cooperatively, and the bungie rep (luke or deej?) Said "of course".

I expect the prologue to be solo, but the campaign to be fireteam friendly.

Of course the second time thru.

d00d3n

You realize that you could still play D1 story missions without someone else right? Your argument makes no sense whatsoever. They removed an option to play with other people that you also didn't have to use and somehow this convinces you that I'll make the SP game more fun? Lol I don't even know what to respond to something like that

Yes, ofc, that is the game that I played and it was a bad experience. It didn't seem like they had considered how to make the game fun as a single player experience. The co-op may have been fun for people who are into that kind of stuff, though, but I am not really into that genre of games.

draliko

I simply love gaf outrages, thanks for the good read... No offense but it's like reading trump's Twitter, absolutely jumping to conclusions and no strategy behind :) stay classy gaf

BajiBoxer

Banned
I'm totally fine with this.

I plan on playing the campaign by myself to give it my full attention, and I know a bunch of my friends are going to be itching to join up and chat on launch day. Love them, but I like taking my time and listening to the dialogue.

I like the idea of walling off the campaign from the coop activities. I also like how this appears to build a consistent narrative where the story happens here, and the open world activities over here.

But all you have to do is not invite them. It's not something that needs to be solved by walling off a feature to everyone playing the game. I don't understand why some of you people don't get this.

Sucks if true, but not a deal breaker. I played though the story in d1 pretty much solo anyways, as the real meat was the strikes, patrols etc, which were all coop.

I'd rather go back to D1 then, where there was no story to get in the way of having fun.

Bungie can't be so stupid to think millions of people buy their coop loot FPS for story. No way they're that dumb.

It would be dumber of them not to amend their mistakes of vanilla Destiny 1 campaign by having more focused storytelling into the campaign

Ovek

7Member7
I'd rather go back to D1 then, where there was no story to get in the way of having fun.

Bungie can't be so stupid to think millions of people buy their coop loot FPS for story. No way they're that dumb.

Love it or hate it I think your going to get more story and lore dumps in game now as the grimoire no longer exists for D2.

v1perz53

I hope this isn't true, I just wont end up playing the game if so. I play Destiny specifically to play with my brother, and neither of us would be willing to play 10 or more hours solo just to get to the part where we can play together, barrier of entry is way too high. I might get through it but I'm sure my brother wouldn't, since he has very little free time. And we would absolutely have no interest in re-playing the whole campaign as 2 people right after finishing it the first time. Sure, an individual story mission as the "mission of the day" is fine, but who would want to re-play the full game again right after finishing it?

Just like D1, perfect.

Ah thank god, nice to have confirmation right as I posted hah. I couldn't imagine this wouldn't be the case, glad for quick confirmation. Totally OK with quick solo initial setup like D1, obviously.

Ryuuga

Banned
I really just want to try and be a voice of reason amidst people who are easily outraged by any and everything they hear about a game, regardless of it's grand relevance. I come to these forums every day and hear people spout the most toxic statements over the most minor grievances and if I can convince just a couple of people to think about what they're saying and take a rational stance instead of an entitled one, I'd feel a little bit better. I just get tired of the shit spewing over anything that doesn't line up with what some poster would have personally done with a game were they in charge of development. That's not just specific to Destiny.

You guys just gotta chill, that's all I'm trying to say. It ain't all doom and gloom like that, my guys. I'm not trying to offend or make anyone's opinions invalidated, but you gotta think about these things and how they ultimately affect your lives before you all go apeshit. I'm defending reasonable discussion more than I'm trying to defend Bungie specifically. I've got my grievances with certain game design decisions here and there, but I know I'm going to have fun regardless.

Maybe you should consider your tone and approach if you want what you consider a more reasonable discussion. Personally, I think this discussion has been fine. As with any there are opinions on both sides of the aisle, but people who are upset at the decision are no less rational than those who are fine with it. I'll quote myself the last time there was a heated discussion with the changes made during TTK. This was in response to a "I just wanna have fun" mindset.

"You're not, you just have a more passive approach to the games you play. It is however, not unusual for devs to look at community feedback and make changes based on that. Neither the devs or fans are always right, but an open line of communication makes for a better community. Ideas can be deliberated over the course of weeks and months and still have poor execution, so then that's where feedback comes in. If everyone took a passive approach, what kind of changes would someone with a fiery indignation expect upon coming back after months?
"

Makikou

I hope this isn't true, I just wont end up playing the game if so. I play Destiny specifically to play with my brother, and neither of us would be willing to play 10 or more hours solo just to get to the part where we can play together, barrier of entry is way too high. I might get through it but I'm sure my brother wouldn't, since he has very little free time. And we would absolutely have no interest in re-playing the whole campaign as 2 people right after finishing it the first time. Sure, an individual story mission as the "mission of the day" is fine, but who would want to re-play the full game again right after finishing it?

Screw reading the last page of the thread AM I RITE?

I am literally getting Destiny to play co-op with a couple of friends so I find this extremely annoying. The story in the first game was awful so unless they have really changed things up I don't want to play it solo to unlock playing it with friends...

flkraven

I simply love gaf outrages, thanks for the good read... No offense but it's like reading trump's Twitter, absolutely jumping to conclusions and no strategy behind :) stay classy gaf

What was even more funny was the group of people defending this insane rumour and justifying it as a good idea.

Theorry

I am literally getting Destiny to play co-op with a couple of friends so I find this extremely annoying. The story in the first game was awful so unless they have really changed things up I don't want to play it solo to unlock playing it with friends...

Scroll up abit. ;)

AlexBasch

I learned that people seem to be offended at other players liked going through D1 alone. :p

Now we could all laugh at this false alarm, but I'm sure there will be some insults and other fun stuff in the following pages, haha.

Phatcorns

Preorder legitimately canceled. Not even joking. This is the only reason I was buying the game.
EDIT: too hasty, read thread properly. Doh

Well, I'm shocked.
Imagine, GAF getting outraged about something they didn't have the all the info about.

Most were simply hoping it was incorrect. The people that were all in on it being true and being outraged were pretty few.

I don't know how some of you think these threads should go? It seems like you expect people not to talk about it until we have all the info, but we wouldn't have all the info if we weren't here talking about it. That tweet is a direct reaponse to seeing the internet freaking out.

UberLevi

Glad to hear this for you guys that were actually going to be affected by the potential change. Apologies for any discussion earlier that got heated with you guys.

speiky

What the fuck? Why force people to play solo? Dumbest decision ever, if true. No idea how anyone could defend such a ridiculous decision.

Gaf is a very stressful place to hang out, lol.

Thank god this isn't true.
LOL. Only if you get caught up in the negative hype spiral caused by incomplete, rumoured, and unconfirmed BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom