• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Entire party system on XB1 being replaced, "may take up to a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

operon

I know the party system is not as easy as on the 360 and having to turn on party chat is a pain but I have yet to experience problem using it. I can still talk to friends whilst playing different games and the voice quality is excellent.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Not sure why people are jumping on Mort about this. Is it because he links to his blog?

There was already this Reddit thread from a couple of days ago:

Why is this a thing? I should be able to chat with friends and play a different game! Fix it MS!

And Major Nelson confirms there are issues in that very thread.

I had a meeting today about much of this and I can say that things will get better. I can't offer a timeline of a list of what till be addressed first, but we are aware of the issue and things will get better.

Curufinwe

I think it is crucial to quote this post,

I think it's crucial you read this post and bash CboaT if you want, but not famousmoritmer on this one.

For fuck's sake how many times do I have to explain this.

Thuway makes a bunch of tweets with info he got in a PM from CBoaT. I know this because I got the EXACT same PM from CBoaT.

Now let's break down my tweet:

"For the record... everything @thuway is tweeting right now is what I heard as well."

TRUE! Because I got the PMs from CBoaT.

"So either verification... or we have the same sources."

We have the same source. It's CBoaT. SO THAT MEANS IM NOT VERIFYING IT. It's verification ***OR*** we have the same sources. It was the latter.

I did pass on, in that thread - which, mind you, was after it was proven that snap was NOT broken, i said that I had heard it was but never posted it because it didn't seem like a big deal to me.

I've been wrong about multiple things this year if you guys want to nail me on something.... it's there. But this isn't one of them.

Orca

CMultiple sources have to verify or the poster will be banned. Again, show how everything to do with this issue has been wrong on Mort's port. Seems like you're desperately white knighting and trying to backseat mod instead of providing substance to your accusations

The problem I have is that Mort escapes this burden of proof by putting the rumour on his blog and having someone else post it here.

Thuway said he's one unverified rumour away from a permaban. I guess that's got GAF's insiders worried, but unwilling to stop sharing info they can't verify with two sources.

Mesoian

Since the party system and UI work pretty god damn well, proving this know-nothing knows.... nothing, I will stick with information from people who actually work in the industry.

This made a little ice tea come out of my nose. It may function, but almost everyone covering the xbox one has reported, in real time, multiple issues with the party system. It's a poor replacement for their already existing party system on the 360 and is a huge step backwards, even when compared to the PS3.

Then why do you continue to post shit when you know it's entirely possible that you could be getting bad info?

I'm sorry, are you a mod? Your name doesn't seem to be red.

If you don't want to read my shit, fine. Don't read it. I've been right about dozens of things this year. HUGE THINGS. I was posting about Knack and Driveclub before anyone had ever heard the names. I posted about Killer Instinct coming and it not being from Rare. I posted 12 of the 15 games that MS showed at E3. I've posted TONS of Vita games before they were announced.

Sometimes I post stuff and something behind the scene changes. Should I not post info anymore because that happens sometimes? Seriously?

Majanew

Banned
Good news for those buying an Xbox One a year from now.

The people responsible for Xbox One really need to get away from the Xbox Division. Or get away from Microsoft altogether. You do not know what you are doing.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Good, I don't know how they managed to throw away all the hard work that they did with the 360 but they did, the party system is abysmal. Can't party while playing ranked matches, can't have more than two people in a party if you're playing casual matches?

UNCMark

Banned
Not sure why people are jumping on Mort about this. Is it because he links to his blog?

Because he posted info about bugs in a beta, made a big stink about it taking months to fix, then corroborated Thuways rumors and it turned out everything they said was wrong was actually working at release. And now he's claiming he was right.

so CBOAT, then

I guess not since FM admitted the info came from Cboat. At least Cboat had the sense to admit it would probably be fixed by the time it shipped.

Curufinwe

He's as trustworthy as getting info from two self-professed Sony fans. There's gotta be someone in the middle more trustworthy than of these people.

Sure he is, UNCMark, sure he is.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09...-notion-ps4-is-30-more-powerful-than-xbox-one

We have some of [the] smartest programmers in the world working on Xbox One," said Hryb. "I am very much looking forward to the next few months (and beyond) as the truth comes out."

http://majornelson.com/2005/05/20/xbox-360-vs-ps3-part-1-of-4/

Xbox 360 has 278.4 GB/s of memory system bandwidth. The PS3 has less than one-fifth of Xbox 360′s (48 GB/s) of total memory system bandwidth.

mcrommert

Banned

If you don't want to read my shit, fine. Don't read it. I've been right about dozens of things this year. HUGE THINGS. I was posting about Knack and Driveclub before anyone had ever heard the names. I posted about Killer Instinct coming and it not being from Rare. I posted 12 of the 15 games that MS showed at E3. I've posted TONS of Vita games before they were announced.

Sometimes I post stuff and something behind the scene changes. Should I not post info anymore because that happens sometimes? Seriously?

I'm IMPORTANT...Please listen to me!...Trust Me

MormaPope

Banned
Then why do you continue to post shit when you know it's entirely possible that you could be getting bad info?

Where does Mortimer say his info is 100% spot on at all times and that you should never ever expect his information to be untrue? Dude is a good insider that gets decent info, he isn't a videogame version of jesus or some prophet, and he never puts himself out there like that.

Thuway makes a bunch of tweets with info he got in a PM from CBoaT. I know this because I got the EXACT same PM from CBoaT.

Wait, so all this "insider info" that's going around if just people regurgitating stuff from CBOAT? That's not exactly something I'd imagine you'd want to go around saying in defense of credibility. Obviously, given the DriveClub stuff, you've got other sources, but surely you can tell that saying all this stuff willy-nilly is actually doing more harm than good?

Pain

Banned
Good that these issues are being addressed. But yeah, this smells of a rushed console and is a horrible oversight on their part.

The problem I have is that Mort escapes this burden of proof by putting the rumour on his blog and having someone else post it here.

Thuway said he's one unverified rumour away from a permaban. I guess that's got GAF's insiders worried, but unwilling to stop sharing info they can't verify with two sources.

I put this on my blog because I want my blog to get hits. I've sold out.

I'm not doing a good job of selling out though because all of the ad revenue goes to wordpress.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The best thing about the Xbone being half finished is how perfect it makes the 'beta tested in the future' thing seem. Cause this sure seems like the alpha.

RedAssedApe

Banned

Actually he posted it in another thread. He just didn't start a new thread himself. Not sure how the GAF modding works. Does someone get PMed every time they post something like this? Or are they supposed to contact mods themselves for verification of sources before they are allowed to post?

Into

Seriously mods lock this thread

The originator of the information has been shown to have been wrong on everything to do with this issue...he wasn't allowed to post the original information on neogaf for a reason because its hearsay's hearsay and there is no corroborating information

Lock it

I'm IMPORTANT...Please listen to me!...Trust Me

Knock it off with the thread whining

Schrade

J Allard
Please come back

Your people need you

1278286-xbox_e3_kickoff_celebration_hxll8wvs6jel.jpg

The hoodie has two zippers. /boggle

Wait, so all this "insider info" that's going around if just people regurgitating stuff from CBOAT? That's not exactly something I'd imagine you'd want to go around saying in defense of credibility. Obviously, given the DriveClub stuff, you've got other sources, but surely you can tell that saying all this stuff willy-nilly is actually doing more harm than good?

No.

In that specific case, it was like a sunday morning, and CBoaT sent out PMs to a few of us. I've talked to CBoaT in PMs maybe three times in my life.

My sources on this story is not CBoaT. A lot of us do chat. Thuway and I do. Some mods here and I do. They've told me things that I didn't know... but i've never posted any of that... as it's not my info. Everything I've posted is from friends I have in the industry.

StUnNeR H2K

Hopefully something changes soon. The current system is just disastrous to what made XBL on the 360 so successful. I understand the reasoning behind the change, but it's annoying when I can't talk to a friend while I'm playing one game and they are playing another, or the whole "this person must be in a party" to invite them.

I don't know how many times I try to spool up a game of Ryse with a friend and have to reform the party since it contains more than 2 people.

UNCMark

Banned
The best thing about the Xbone being half finished is how perfect it makes the 'beta tested in the future' thing seem. Cause this sure seems like the alpha.

What's sad is how many things they were the industry leader on with the 360 disappeared on Xbox One and actually took a lot of steps backwards - cant see a list of people you just gamed with, can't accept a game invite if you dont accept it during the notification, have to sync achievements ala Playstation. Who's responsible for these braindead decisions?

Man, this thread is getting crazy. I'm back into lurking land. If I took this thread and put it on a snail, it would instantly disintegrate him

PhatSaqs

Banned

I

What does being a mod have to do with asking you a legit a question? What does wanting to read your shit or not have to do with the question? I asked why you chose to do what you do considering the potential pitfalls. If you'd rather not answer just say so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom