• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

["Rumor"] Final Fantasy XV Delayed to November 29 [Up: Photo evidence]

When will Final Fantasy XV release?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
4472618-long+time+coming.gif

Geg

They can't delay this game.

They had an event revolved around its release date. It already had a reputation for delays and they promised this was the absolute release date. September 30th was a fucking pinky promise, and delaying this game would be metaphorically chopping our fingers off. It's a reputation killer.

So you're saying they'd be shooting themselves in the foot.

Ōkami

Maybe it's delayed and in January they make a Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Event where they say that XV will celebrate the series 30th anniversary but that they won't show it at that event.

Later that year they'll say that the Final Fantays Anniversary will last between December 2017 and December 2018 and that Final Fantasy XV will be released during that period.

Also VII won't be out in 2017 cause too much Final Fantasy.

Zhao_Yun

This is going to free up my September a bit and the game seems to be in need of more time for polishing. Still a bit disappointed though since it would have been perfect for me with the 30.9 being a Friday and the 3.10 being a national holiday here in Germany :(

If this delay is real, anyone who thinks it's because Square is scared of releasing it too close to Persona 5 is fooling themselves.

Not that P5 won't be amazing (probably), but let's be real here. Persona is not going to magically make people forget that the next big Final Fantasy game exists and is coming out very soon.

Anyway, day zero... whether that's in September or November.

chozen

Oh my... The game does still look rough tbh..

I guess they want to get it right, and that neo version but this hurts me...

Remember when Tabata did that Slot machine reveal date and it showed November? lol

2 month delay geezz...

I think this actually just stings more because it's been 10 years. Gonna be even worse if it's just so it runs better on NEO.

Like better that it releases in a good state I guess, but between the lack of sufficient optimization and scope creep, it feels like this is never going to come out.

FluxWaveZ

If this delay is real, anyone who thinks it's because Square is scared of releasing it too close to Persona 5 is fooling themselves.

Not that P5 (probably) won't be amazing, but let's be real here. Persona is not going to magically make people forget that the next big Final Fantasy game exists and is coming out very soon.

Anyway, day zero... whether that's in September or November.

Well, it's not like Square Enix doesn't care about the release of Persona 5 close to FFXV at all, going by their survey where they explicitly called it out.

javadoze

Competition's too fierce. They knew they couldn't compete with Yokai Watch 2 releasing on the same day in America.

/s

ViciousDS

Banned
watch this.......November 29th

is the day Neo launches, it avoids the insanity that is thanksgiving and allows OG PS4 insanity deals before new stock of a new console

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
They can't delay this game.

They had an event revolved around its release date. It already had a reputation for delays and they promised this was the absolute release date. September 30th was a fucking pinky promise, and delaying this game would be metaphorically chopping our fingers off. It's a reputation killer.

eb154f69bb464531873e8e7fd24f7a0e.gif

Voror

A tad disappointing, but if the time makes the game better then that's fine. I'm sort of with Kagari that maybe more time than that is needed. It does rather look bad when they had this whole event for the release date.

Actually, wasn't the joke that it landed on 11/30 before jumping to 9/30? One day off from that if accurate.

Considering the insane amount of games that are coming out in the back end of the year, between September and November especially, I'd really be okay with them pushing the release date back. It'd be great to savour FFXV throughout December. More time to spend with Persona 5, too.

Lol didn't they have a big event to announce the release date.

I'm almost inclined to believe this considering the I have a feeling that Tabata is ready to jump out a window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom