• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

["Rumor"] Final Fantasy XV Delayed to November 29 [Up: Photo evidence]

When will Final Fantasy XV release?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranmo

I've waited this long. What's another half a year or so?

If it means the long wait will be worth it so they can do last minute fixes. I will gladly wait.

orochi91

Sounds good.

This gives Persona 5 more breathing room.

Also gives time for a proper NEO mode, as well as getting the PS4 version working decently.

ar4757

I'm gonna be mad because from what I can tell Atlus USA was scared/wasn't allowed to put Persona 5 out sooner due to FFXV.

eb154f69bb464531873e8e7fd24f7a0e.gif

Lol still cracks me up

Ydelnae

Last week of September was one of the worst times in the year for me because it's busy as hell, but I already made up my mind about playing the game next month. If the delay is real, me mato.

I am 25 years old.

I've been waiting on this game for literally my entire adult life.

Another couple months shouldn't matter but fuck me I need this game so bad.

I do think it's kinda ironic that by far the biggest of the eleventy billion Japanese games releasing in September is the first to shift its date.

Aurongel

If this delay is real, anyone who thinks it's because Square is scared of releasing it too close to Persona 5 is fooling themselves.

Not that P5 won't be amazing (probably), but let's be real here. Persona is not going to magically make people forget that the next big Final Fantasy game exists and is coming out very soon.

Anyway, day zero... whether that's in September or November.
Don't worry, years of trash Final Fantasy games will make people forget that XV is coming out. Persona doesn't even need to be good to accomplish that small feat.

Damn I was getting hyped for this too, I even got a console ready to play it for September 30th.

Oh well, if it got delayed then they probably needs it, I can wait.

Zhao_Yun

I'm gonna be mad because from what I can tell Atlus USA was scared/wasn't allowed to put Persona 5 out sooner due to FFXV.

I doubt that this is the case. Since Atlus USA wasn't even able to show a localized build at E3, I believe that they haven't been able to start the localization process early enough for a timely release in the West.

Asd202

All this Neo talks don't really make sense to me. If the game needs a delay of 2 months for polish it's not like in that time your also getting an amazing Neo mode.

Synless

Are you fucking kidding me!?!? This rumor better fuck off. I have waited too long, too damn long for this game.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I hope this is true.

Hell delay it to 2017, game definitely needs more time in the oven.

Infest

They can't delay this game.

They had an event revolved around its release date. It already had a reputation for delays and they promised this was the absolute release date. September 30th was a fucking pinky promise, and delaying this game would be metaphorically chopping our fingers off. It's a reputation killer.

Technically speaking neither versus XIII nor XV were ever delayed. lol

StereoVsn

The game needs it and they probably should delay it a bit more for polishing. Plus, Nov is a terrible release window for anything that's not a major franchise in the West (not sure if FF still is a major franchise here).

As long as it doesn't release Feb 2017.

Boke1879

All this Neo talks don't really make sense to me. If the game needs a delay of 2 months for polish it's not like in that time your also getting an amazing Neo mode.

It means the game requires a Neo mode at that point and of course we're going to assume the game would run/look a bit better on that.

Also I don't know why people are bringing up the event. Sure they announced a release date there. Doesn't mean they are married to it. If this is true and the game needs work. Then it needs work and it needs to be delayed.

I have a feeling we'll hear about this on Monday if anything.

Sciortino

I know that this can only mean better for the game, especially with how rough it looks in the recent footage, but we were only a month and a half away. I'm annoyed with constantly waiting for this game. Disappointed.

jiggle

If they're delaying it now, presumably the game needs work and this isn't a strategic business move, and this is the first plausible time they thought it would be ready.
It's just such a yuuge missed opportunity for 1 week of extra time
On top of the extra 7 weeks

AHA-Lambda

Wouldn't shock me, marketing for this has been way too quiet for a game out next month.
Plus these alleged rumours from 4chan indicated performance issues if I remember right too?

Wollan

Just upping the framerate to a solid 30 at 1080p w/better AA will do wonders for FFXV. They don't have to provide improved assets or any 'deep' Neo enhancements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom