• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(RUMOR) Hulk to Appear in Thor: Ragnarök

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurahador

Wonder why they're adding Hulk though?

Was Thor too bland? And Valkyrie? I guess Sif is gonna be too busy doing her show despite the fact Jamie said Sif would be a central character.

Seems like after Ultron, Marvel wants to start selling this interconnected MCU more seriously.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Wonder why they're adding Hulk though?

Was Thor too bland? And Valkyrie? I guess Sif is gonna be too busy doing her show despite the fact Jamie said Sif would be a central character.

Because

a) They get to shrink time in between appearances of Hulk to 2 years (1 if he appears in IW Part 1) as opposed to the 3-4 we've been relegated to.

b) They get to further capitalize on the concept that these characters share a universe.

c) Hulk in Asgard isn't an out-of-nowhere thing. It's a thing in the comics too.

d) Of all the Avengers that could fit into a Thor story, Hulk works nicely. They're bros.

And as far as Valkyrie goes, she's been an unfortunate omission since Thor 1. The movies would benefit from expanding their female roster in the films, regardless of Jaime Alexander's availability.

Donos

Liked Thor so far in MCU but to me he is a bit to boring because he is kind of OP like Superman (even in the MCU movies).

Shaanyboi

Banned
SWEET.

So the question is, will this be 90% Hulk and 10% Banner?

Maybe. Depends on whether or not they're willing to splurge on paying for this big cg character for as often as that would require. They were willing to for GotG with Groot and Rocket, but if they can cost-cut with utilizing the Banner side more, then they'll likely push for that.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Maybe. Depends on whether or not they're willing to splurge on paying for this big cg character for as often as that would require. They were willing to for GotG with Groot and Rocket, but if they can cost-cut with utilizing the Banner side more, then they'll likely push for that.

Yeah, that was my first thought. I can't see Banner doing much good in Asgard, but I'm not familiar with him and Thor's adventures in comics so I could be completely wrong. I'm sure Ruffalo wouldn't mind either way, since he helps with the voice and facial capture of Hulk anyway.

Piers

Civil War is a little crazy as an Avengers 2.5, but crossing characters in Thor is too much for me. I watch Thor exclusively for his own world and characters — not for a Marvel character to waltz in because his own films sucked too hard.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...inment&ir=Entertainment&section=entertainment

Mark Ruffalo confirms that he will appear in Thor: Ragnarok as Hulk.

tumblr_m82q6dx8xY1rrsltx.gif

Roo

So Hopkins and Portman have been ruled out of this sequel?
I keep reading Natalie probably won't come back which doesn't susprise me after her lackluster performance in Dark World but Hopkins is still a wild card it seems.

Sorry if dumb question but I don't really trust other sites lol

Hmm, in Age of Ultron Banner felt that there was nowhere on Earth he could go and not cause chaos. What if Asgard becomes his new home? With their viking warrior philosophy, they would probably love the Hulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom