• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] New PS4 UI leaked

Hexa

I see everyone is suffering from pre-conference jitters. We need some legit leaks. Where the hell are Demonnite, Verendus, and Gopher? NeoGAF needs you.

Servbot24

Banned
Fake. This trophy is for beating a boss. I don't see a boss

08-jv1XyfR.jpg

Judging from the map he recently cleared a boss room?

ps don't know what game this is and don't believe this is real :p

Kasual7

Neo Member
It's gotta be real, that update was foretold and we are few days away from sony gamescom conference and those leaks always happen.

Could be legit. Folders were just a matter of time really, and the PS4 has needed better trophy info. Right now it's a pain to even find the trophy you just unlocked, and what it was for.

If this is a hoax it's an extremely well produced one.

Looks good, hopefully the Vita gets a UI refresh too.

Just hoping this FW update doesn't take forever to land, considering Sony's track record on non-stability updates lately.

GulAtiCa

Folders coming to PS4 before Wii U be kinda funny.

Anyways, Folders would be awesome. With PS+, I already have a good bit of games on that line, being able to make folders would be awesome.

Smokey

I like the new notification system and the addition of folders. I have a ton of games and that should help keep things in order.

Hoje0308

Banned
I really want folders because my list of games is ridiculous. I think what they are saying is that there needs to be sorting and organization options in addition to the folders.

Yeah, I just don't have any faith in Sony's ability to implement those kinds of changes anytime in the next year.

Pretty much anything. All folders do is shorten the cluttered mess that is the content bar by allowing you to put multiple items into one tile. This doesn't solve the overall sorting and content management issues. What I would implement are these things:

- Sorting of the Library (A-Z, Last played, Favorite, and so on)
- The ability to hide items from the Library (Demo's, Betas and Apps for example)
- An option to limit the number of items shown on the content bar (last played 5,10,15 items).
- The ability to pin items to specific spots on the content bar.
- Have games installed via disc show up in the library while they are installed.

Folders have a place as an option, but they wouldn't be needed if the there were proper sorting and management options to begin with. There is already a library on the UI, it simply isn't being properly utilized. The Steam Big Picture mode UI is a fantastic example of how a properly utilized library and a limited last played list can work extremely well without the need for folders. Folders are the last thing they need as a sorting method in the kind of UI they have.

That sounds great, but again, it's Sony. I can only imagine how long it would take to get an update with all those features, or how many stability updates we'd see after.

Top Bottom