• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] New PS4 UI leaked

Ambition

Could someone post comparison pics ? I don't own a PS4 but this looks the same to me.

Normal
maxresdefault.jpg

New
01-GsOdp4A.jpg

Griss

It's a start, but it's only a start, and frankly it's a disgrace that folders weren't there at launch. As for further issues, this post sums up the minimum standard required as far as I'm concerned:

Pretty much anything. All folders do is shorten the cluttered mess that is the content bar by allowing you to put multiple items into one tile. This doesn't solve the overall sorting and content management issues. What I would implement are these things:

- Sorting of the Library (A-Z, Last played, Favorite, and so on)
- The ability to hide items from the Library (Demo's, Betas and Apps for example)
- An option to limit the number of items shown on the content bar (last played 5,10,15 items).
- The ability to pin items to specific spots on the content bar.
- Have games installed via disc show up in the library while they are installed.

Folders have a place as an option, but they wouldn't be needed if the there were proper sorting and management options to begin with. There is already a library on the UI, it simply isn't being properly utilized. The Steam Big Picture mode UI is a fantastic example of how a properly utilized library and a limited last played list can work extremely well without the need for folders. Folders are the last thing they need as a sorting method in the kind of UI they have.

Also, I'm gonna go straight back to my PS3 folder sorting arrangement:
Retail Disc games
Retail Downloaded games
PSN / Indie games
PS+ games (Retail)
PS+ games (PSN/Indie)
F2P games
Demos

It's sad that I get excited about the chance to do that again.

MrMatt555

Also. When comparing the old and new pics, the trophy level icon inbetween the trophy icon and the number is missing.

Dunno if it means anything, but the resolution on the fake is really bad when zoomed in, compared to the official screenshot of the old one.

Did this unknown website make it up? They got it from their user... if it's fake, I hope we can just ban the site, as it's pretty crappy to make up fake news for hits.

Unfortunately, it's fake..

On the first image (with Infamous: SS) you can see an "RP" ESRB logo KZ:SF in the folder icon. This is a rookie mistake not even Sony would make.

I mean I guess we can dream :(

Note the graphic beside TLOU:R

03-fjHh2ic.jpg

its apparently this.

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE...cover_artwork_by_savethedinosaurs-d64i9ep.png

if true then this person needs to be more careful :/

Also. When comparing the old and new pics, the trophy level icon inbetween the trophy icon and the number is missing.

NOOOO! Don't kill the dream!
Take a leap of faith...BELIEVE!

Seriously behindgames.com and from a user named "CJX36"? Those were the first indicators as well...

NoTacos

I'm okay with this. Although the new interface has potential, incorporating old features like folders (and hopefully the ability to play video files one day) are fan favorites of the PSUI.

Lucent

I noticed that, too. But looking at it now, having two trophy icons is kind of redundant. Big trophy next to trophy in a star. =/

Also, I agree that the line above should stay. Helps keep things looking more organized.

KiraXD

Looks like pressing the PS gives you more detail on the trophy you've unlocked, similar to the 360.

this... is AWESOME... i find myself CONSTANTLY going into trophies to check what goals are or what certain trophies i got actually were FOR... hope its true.

Gxgear

Something needs to be done about the single line of games you have to scroll through to get to the one you want to play but haven't played in a while. Avatar and dynamic/static themes should be cross-compatible so all that existing content continues to have value, and isn't rendered worthless once you upgrade.

This looks quite a bit worse when comparing it to the current (old) version. The way the bottom row options for games looks in the new one is so tacky; they really couldn't added some borders huh?

Hydrargyrus

Who knows?
Maybe is even better. Maybe is like that (with folders) and you can change de background color or the wallpaper!!!

Anyway, only two days left to know

stitch512

Banned
I hope this is real. The folders will help but I honestly hope Sony can come up with something better then that. To me the UI is a complete mess.

becuase the PS4 UI is so fucking terrible that the slightest hope of any improvement is exciting no matter how fake it looks.

You gotta understand how dry this desert is.

I couldn't disagree more the ps4 ui is simple streamlined for gaming. It's very easy to navigate anywhere I wanna go I'm there in a matter of seconds.

Jhn

I couldn't disagree more the ps4 ui is simple streamlined for gaming. It's very easy to navigate anywhere I wanna go I'm there in a matter of seconds.

It's really not very good at all.
The main game list is literally the exact equivalent of storing all your games in a huge pile on the floor, digging through it for any game you'd like to play, and nonchalantly throwing any game you just played on top of the pile.
It's like nails on chalkboard for anyone who likes things neat.

It's really not very good at all.
The main game list is literally the exact equivalent of storing all your games in a huge pile on the floor, digging through it for any game you'd like to play, and nonchalantly throwing any game you just played on top of the pile.
It's like nails on chalkboard for anyone who likes things neat.
Ha, that's exactly what it is. There needs to be folders to organize things like how all the media apps are presented. The larger your library grows, the farther into the depths of space and time you have to go to finally reach a game you haven't played in a while.

fedexpeon

Banned
Finally, FOLDERS for organization!

One of the greatest ideas/inventions of humankind, physically and digitally.
Can't believe Sony finally acts on their atrocious act of not allowing us to organize our contents for nearly a year.

Now...can we have THEME WALLPAPER NEXT!?!?!?!?

Streamlined? Wtf. I have about 15 games on there now and if I go past about 6 of them the UI has to load the thumbnail for each new one I scroll to and it slows down the whole PS4. Its the complete opposite of streamlined.

Top Bottom