• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] New PS4 UI leaked

Looks great, but right now there's a thin line between the info at the top, username/trophies/time etc. and the rest of the UI. Looks better with the line than without.

Lucent

Folders? YES PLEASE. My dash is a fucking mess with games.

This. Anything I can do to make getting to games I haven't been playing recently faster. There's always the voice command option, but I don't have a camera and I'm not always wearing a headset.

Hexa

The stuff in game is nice, but honestly for the main UI it looks worse than the current one. They just need to put the folder feature in the current UI.

EL CUCO

Unfortunately, it's fake..

On the first image (with Infamous: SS) you can see an "RP" ESRB logo KZ:SF in the folder icon. This is a rookie mistake not even Sony would make.

I mean I guess we can dream :(

I bet you like to tell little kids that Santa Claus doesn't exist...
VxYUApq.jpg

Keyu

Neo Member
The OCD part of my brain was getting really excited because I was going to be able to organize games by genre and/or developer.

Shin-Ra

Stefan™;124659674 said:
I doubt we'll be getting any major UI updates and customisations this year. :/
Stefan™;121797733 said:
What's taking Sony so long with the meaty updates? What substantial features have they added since launch? I guess purchasing the PS4 this early in the cycle wasn't a very wise choice?

And when they do get a feature out (and before the competition)

Stefan™;122380489 said:
Playing catch up I see.

On Demand

Banned
Ok I just remember him from one of the threads discussing Sony's firmware. Just a little something in there that tells me he knows what he's talking about. That's all. I could be wrong.

Don't know what the other person knows him from.

I actually wish they'd move all the tiles to the bottom or top, and then have the entire splashpage/background theme fill up the rest of the page.

It'd be real nice to have lots of space for themes.

other from the RP thing the pic that goes into the folder is fucked since the games that supposed to be on the top layer has Rayman missing and 2 extra games in it . (Knack is now between Battlefield 4 and TLOU remastered where before that it was just BF4 then TLOU remastered. Also another game that's not Rouge Legacy tbh is now beside TLOU remastered).

And the BF4 pic is showing the guy's feet and the tank when it didn't before that.

before

http://www.behindgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/02-HgX8sxl.jpg

after.
http://www.behindgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/03-fjHh2ic.jpg

unless these where taken at completely different times or on different PS4s?

Zomba13

other from the RP thing the pic that goes into the folder is fucked since the games that supposed to be on the top layer has 2 extra games in it. (Knack is now between Battlefield 4 and TLOU remastered where before that it was just BF4 then TLOU remastered and another game that's not Rouge Legacy tbh is beside TLOU remastered).

And the BF4 pic is showing the guy's feet and the tank when it didn't before that.

Also the Rouge Legacy trophy is for beating a boss in a different zone.

The RP doesn't necessarily mean anything, if it's an internal mockup the designer could have just grabbed any box art of the internet.

It reminds me of 360 NXE except only one line. That's... Decent I guess? Well it's not the worst UI of this gen anymore at least.

Wii U y u UI so based this gen.

alatif113

Let us change the color theme.

How did this simple option not transfer from the PS3?

Because it wasn't transferred from the PS3.

Also, the images are either a very early mockup or flat out fake. The inconsistencies in the images show that its definitely not running on a native PS4.

Let us change the color theme.

How did this simple option not transfer from the PS3?
a lot of options on the PS3 seemed to not make the cut for the PS4 for some assinine reason.

It was rushed out the door maybe ala Wii U? Well as long as it's complete form comes to exist in the form of updates soon I suppose.

Top Bottom