• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] New PS4 UI leaked

Hexa

So far in this thread everyone loved the folders and in game stuff but many thought the source was dubious. Then they thought JLeak confirmed it was real but he was just guessing. And at this point due to all the faults in the images it is quite obvious it is fake. Then this guy came in and said:

back ground themes coming in oct :)

Which has nothing to do with the actual screens in OP and could very well be true. He seems to have a history?

And now this guy is is saying.

released after sony conference the next week

So who the hell knows. I got nothing.

TNxg5pI.gif

It's really not very good at all.
The main game list is literally the exact equivalent of storing all your games in a huge pile on the floor, digging through it for any game you'd like to play, and nonchalantly throwing any game you just played on top of the pile.
It's like nails on chalkboard for anyone who likes things neat.

It comes down to speed for me, it takes seconds to scroll through the games. I'm in no way against having folders at all. It's just not a huge issue for me. The ui is fast and responsive that's most important to me.

Looks like pressing the PS gives you more detail on the trophy you've unlocked, similar to the 360.

that would be nice. this is the one thing going from being a 360 user to a ps4 user that was bugging me. everytime i got a trophy i'd hit the ps button and it would just take me to the ui.

RedAssedApe

Banned
context sensitive ps button would be nice. does it do any of this right now?

i.e.
- receive a party invite, press ps button, go directly to party invite to accept instead of default dumb screen
- receive a message, press ps button, go directly to view the message instead of default dumb home screen

Glad this is fake. Sony can do better. Simply adding folders is not the solution. And that graphic design is worse than the original.

I wish they would just hand the UI to a western team.

Derpcrawler

Damn it, disappointed that it's fake. Trophies detailed notification looked really good, wish Sony would take their heads out of their butts and implement something similar in the future.

Ability to sort library also good, but detailed notification on PS Button press for trophies and game invites looked really awesome.

Gaz_RB

So far in this thread everyone loved the folders and in game stuff but many thought the source was dubious. Then they thought JLeak confirmed it was real but he was just guessing. And at this point due to all the faults in the images it is quite obvious it is fake. Then this guy came in and said:

Which has nothing to do with the actual screens in OP and could very well be true. He seems to have a history?

And now this guy is is saying.

So who the hell knows. I got nothing.

TNxg5pI.gif

Damn this top of the page update was super useful actually haha

Thank you!

Damn it, disappointed that it's fake. Trophies detailed notification looked really good, wish Sony would take their heads out of their butts and implement something similar in the future.

Ability to sort library also good, but detailed notification on PS Button press for trophies and game invites looked really awesome.

lol @ thinking Sony actually doing anything useful with the PS4 OS anytime soon.

Hexa

Well your MP3 Player theory for that pic is sound tbh (providing you either can buy the album off the store or god willing read it from a usb stick/external drive :O).

As for everything we'll see, we'll see

Wait what? I was joking. I don't even believe my theory. Or at least I didn't... hm...

I still don't. There are way too many other flaws.

Wait what? I was joking. I don't even believe my theory. Or at least I didn't... hm...

I still don't. There are way too many other flaws.

hmmmm :p

yes there are other flaws in that pic but your attempt to rationalize that one was intriguing (especially since there were rumors of a music/mp3 player coming)

Streamlined? Wtf. I have about 15 games on there now and if I go past about 6 of them the UI has to load the thumbnail for each new one I scroll to and it slows down the whole PS4. Its the complete opposite of streamlined.

I game with headsets at all times I simply use voice commands. When ever I wanna play a game I haven't played in a while.

Yoday

I'm glad this is turning out to be fake. It leaves me with some shred of hope that Sony has hired people competent enough to realize that a folder system as the basis of content management is the wrong direction for this UI.

synce

Doesn't look new to me (maybe updated...slightly), but I don't own a PS4 Is it seriously still impossible to change the background?

woen

Foooooolders.

I really like the simple UI though.

I wouldn't complain about the possibility to change the background (including the background music)

Too bad it's a fake.

McSpidey

I hope they add captured screenshot/video to the game dropdown so you can go straight there for each game in the library.

Spineker

Banned
Love the trophy preview button. No more having to exit to the dash and sync with the server just to see what it was you earnt.

I'm glad this is turning out to be fake. It leaves me with some shred of hope that Sony has hired people competent enough to realize that a folder system as the basis of content management is the wrong direction for this UI.
What is the right direction then?

NateDrake

Why do some of the logos have ESRB ratings & others don't? The game icons all look like terrible crop jobs. Has it been confirmed fake, yet? Or are people just hoping it comes true?

Why do some of the logos have ESRB ratings & others don't? The game icons all look like terrible crop jobs. Has it been confirmed fake, yet? Or are people just hoping it comes true?

Not sure. Could be a sign it's fake. On the matter of ESRB ratings, I kind of wish the games on PSN would start using them in place of (or in tandem with) PSN's default rating system (i.e. 1-11). I think it would help people understand the contents of a game better.

Derpcrawler

Lol, showed the gif to my wife and she freaked out. The trophy notification looks great and folders is awesome. Please be real.

It's fake judging by different Icons for games compared to real ones as well as cropped RP ESRB logos or half cut logos (Knack).

Ape

Banned
The notifications like a poor man's snap. Good thing it's fake because Sony can do much better. Looks like shit imo.

Top Bottom