• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: The Last Guardian Appearing at E3 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Isn't Arata Team Ico member Arata Nakajima? (I think he also worked on the localization of The Last of Us IIRC and might just be a SCEJ general staffer these days.) LOL at some gaming site doing shoddy work and calling him a friend.

Edit: I don't think he is on Ico any more. Seems he is now just helping localize SCEA things like Journey and TLOU.

You guys are all excited for it to be at E3, but what if I told you there's still a perfectly good chance development hell resumes immediately after its two minute pre-rendered teaser at Sony conference and thus the seven year cycle starts all over again for us to complain for the next tenth of our lifetimes?

Pessimism: part of a balanced breakfast.

Ratrat

Is this real? The japanese looks suspicious. It barely makes sense.

Edit: really, that crap was not typed by a native speaker.

h382B17BB

JayEH

Jeff Gerstmann said on last week's bombcast that someone who claimed they were part of XDEV on tumblr told him that Parappa and The Last Guardian will be at E3. Take that with a grain of salt though.

:lol Fool me once, shame on Sony. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Showing it doesn't mean shit.

Won't care until it has a solid release date. Not "winter" or some shit. An actual date.

It's vaporware until then.

Shaanyboi

Banned
as-a-married-man-mfw-other-girls-talk-to-me-about-problems-they-are-having-with-their-boyfriends-10745.gif

They had their chance, and it's gone as far as I'm concerned.

Are there people who still believe that after all the bullshit and stringing along with this game, and after important people on that team leaving, the game disappearing for years at a time, and having to apparently be rescued by Sony's other studios, that this game is going to turn out to be good? How many times has something like this happened and it's turned out to not be a trainwreck?

He's just saying he can't take it any longer and he hopes "everything is going well."

Edit:

Is this real? The japanese looks suspicious. It barely makes sense.

Edit: really, that crap was not typed by a native speaker.

私は、私は...

Yeah probably fake.

Lernaean

Banned
I love Team Ico and i'm always hyped about this game.
I just hope when/if it happens, it won't feel outdated as it's been in dev hell since forever.

Phlebas

Banned
as-a-married-man-mfw-other-girls-talk-to-me-about-problems-they-are-having-with-their-boyfriends-10745.gif

They had their chance, and it's gone as far as I'm concerned.

Are there people who still believe that after all the bullshit and stringing along with this game, and after important people on that team leaving, the game disappearing for years at a time, and having to apparently be rescued by Sony's other studios, that this game is going to turn out to be good? How many times has something like this happened and it's turned out to not be a trainwreck?

My sentiments exactly, if it ever sees the light of day I'm not sure it will live up to expectations.

It's been the best time to finally show something for years.

Ding ding ding.

It's been obvious since the original showing that this game wasn't going to be possible on PS3 from a technical standpoint. Then saying the game had to be "re-introduced" last year clearly showed it was being retooled on PS4 and they are waiting for a trade show at any point when it's been "remastered" enough to be presentable.

Ding ding ding.

It's been obvious since the original showing that this game wasn't going to be possible on PS3 from a technical standpoint. Then saying the game had to be "re-introduced" last year clearly showed it was being retooled on PS4 and they are waiting for a trade show at any point when it's been "remastered" enough to be presentable.

You think the PS3 version is cancelled? Honestly, people who pre ordered it might be pissed if it is =/

Althought I guess if you still have a Last Guardian pre order after all this time, you're probably a dedicated fan and wouldn't mind buying a PS4 for it.

I don't want to need to get a PS4, but I am afraid I'll have to. :(

Even when there are both a PS3 and PS4 version I don't think I'll be happy with the PS3 one.

Nibel

Pretty lucky I'm not nbnt's underwear right now or I would have drown in jizz

I have the feeling this is the year they will reintroduce it to the world

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
It could be a fake tweet

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
I have no clue if this tweet is authentic or not, but this dude did work with Ueda on TLG as hinted upthread.

Yokai

So... Will the game actually come out this time? Or will this be another promise of TLG that never happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom