• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalebound, Crackdown and Quantum Break at Gamescom

This either means an amazing E3(Think Banjo, New IP, and and the Joe Montana Football rumors being legit) or MS looking to deliver two good/solid conferences instead of one amazing one. So bummed by the lack of Scalebound, please swerve us!

spons

Gold Member
Good, maybe their focus on the European market will result in a product that's tailored to the European market.

abadguy

Banned
Holy hell the overreactions and jumping to conclusions in this thread is downright hilarious.

Gonna bookmark the fuck out of this thread.

Anyways, people complained they didn't take gamescom seriously enough when Sony best show was GC. Now they're taking it seriously and people are upset.

That's what's always fun about these threads. The hyperbole and overreactions. "Oh shit we gotta wait two whole months for a reveal!! Game over, man!"

Bessy67

Bummer. I really wanted to see some Scalebound gameplay. Hopefully they have a surprise or two to make up for those games being absent.

Ah well, hopefully that unannounced Platinum title will be interesting enough. Would have been nice to see what Scalebound is all about, but it's not too long of a wait.

VinFTW

I know, I just feel like Zelda U all over again. Although I think Nintendo are liars.

Nah, that shit's TBD. They announced it, the reveal is coming at GC and is confirmed. Just gotta be patient, MS want's two big shows.

I can't blame 'em. Sony's best conference in recent memory was GC 2014. They needed to take GC more seriously.

as much as I wanted to see these...this gets me even more hyped, what the Hell are they going to show.

Hope theres not a long ass Halo 5 demo

abadguy

Banned
what first party Studios are left to announce some new games at E3? (besides Rare)

Maybe that strategy game?

Lionhead is working on a new IP, so is Twisted Pixel. I wouldn't be surprised if another 3rd party exclusive gets announced there as well, since it's happened at the last few MS press conferences.

Somnia

We have to wait 2 months to see these, big deal. Phil has said for months they have too much to show and have to balance stuff. I think they have quite a bit of new shit to show at E3 for sure.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
to show 2 months later
I assume he was referring to last year's announcements.

Nah, that shit's TBD. They announced it, the reveal is coming at GC and is confirmed. Just gotta be patient, MS want's two big shows.

I can't blame 'em. Sony's best conference in recent memory was GC 2014. They needed to take GC more seriously.
Yeah, I can understand MS' strategy here. Since they've had such a small presence at Gamescom in the past and all eyes will be on them, it makes sense to show off some of their non-mega franchises there, especially with their tighter conference timeline.

So no Scalebound at E3? Fuck.
Wtf MS

11208537_1610490635904910_554876857_n.jpg

SRTtoZ

So we are looking at pretty much Halo 5, Forza 6, Gears of War remaster (halogearsforza), Tomb Raider, probably The Division, Fable, and maybe a few other things mixed in. I think MS would admit that they revealed Scalebound and Crackdown a bit too early.

It was rumored that Twisted Pixel and Toylogic were working on AAA games right?

I could definitely see Twisted Pixel's game being announced at E3. Not sure about Toylogic's though.

Pretty much confirmed that Press Play will be there as well.

abadguy

Banned
It's not just "new announcements", it's also revisiting stuff they already announced.
We know nothing of Scalebound and Crackdown outside of CG trailers and concept art. This would have been the perfect opportunity to show gameplay. NOPE! CAN'T HAVE THAT! HOW ABOUT MORE CGI TRAILERS?!

So now you wait two whole months big fucking deal. I also find it funny how people are so against CGI trailers at E3, all of a sudden. Like it's something new.

m23

Pretty disappointing news, was very interested in seeing Crackdown. On the other hand, I'm curious as to what they'll be showing aside from the obvious games.

Are you ready for third party deals, DLC exclusivity announcements and lots of and lots of CG trailers that may or may not actually become, well, games...

I'd also expect there to be a 10 minute Division demo up there too.

I'm hoping that's not the case. But when I saw three of their big exclusives weren't going to be at E3, I immediately thought "here come the 3rd party exclusive marketing rights games.".

I expect a ton of time to be spent on Halo, TR, Windows 10, and Forza, however...

Amir0x

Banned
I think this is a smart strategy. Because Sony is not holding a 2015 Gamescom conference, it'll give the appearance that Microsoft has tons of games and Sony had nothing of note to show. I know they're saying it's because they have too many games, but I bet that's a big factor. I'd do the same thing.

Rembrandt

Banned
So we are looking at pretty much Halo 5, Forza 6, Gears of War remaster (halogearsforza), Tomb Raider, probably The Division, Fable, and maybe a few other things mixed in. I think MS would admit that they revealed Scalebound and Crackdown a bit too early.

They're being shown like two months later. Would you say the same if they were shown next week? I could understand this if they weren't at either conference.

I'm disappointed, but as I think more about it, it could be a smart move.
We know Sony is going to push 3rd party partnerships like crazy due to a lack of holiday 1st party games.
Microsoft may want to really concentrate on 2 things. Showing that they have a better exclusive holiday lineup and showing completely unannounced titles upcoming. Scalebound, QB and Crackdown are already announced and Microsoft wants to make a big splash at Gamescom which is less than 6 weeks from E3. I have faith they have some big announcements to shore up this holiday season, as well as the new Rare title(s), twisted pixel, press play and im sure another 2nd party partnership or two.
I'll wait to judge.

It could also be that they want to lower our expectations befor punching us in the face with megaton announcements .

Superfrog

Don't get the bad vibes of some in this thread. This is great news in my opinion because it means that there will hopefully be new MS announcements at E3 and that MS@Gamescom will be amazing. Plus, Gamescom really isn't far away. Two events to look forward to.

sjay1994

I think this is a smart strategy. Because Sony is not holding a 2015 Gamescom conference, it'll give the appearance that Microsoft has tons of games and Sony had nothing of note to show. I know they're saying it's because they have too many games, but I bet that's a big factor. I'd do the same thing.

Makes sense.

Don't get the bad vibes of some in this thread. This is great news in my opinion because it means that there will hopefully be new MS announcements at E3 and that MS@Gamescom will be amazing. Plus, Gamescom really isn't far away. Two events to look forward to.

I love new announcements, but I really love Kamiya games.

Vire

Really, only thing I'm disappointed about is no Scalebound appearance. That was one of things I was most looking forward to with MS's conference.

I just hope they don't go the everythingwasvr route.

RoKKeR

How nice is it that so many people here have advance copies of Ms's E3 plans and can deliver a final verdict on it already!

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!

Outrun

Phil said that he was having issues cramming all the games I to 90 minutes. This is nothing but good news for fans.

Let's wait until after the smoke clears before pronouncing who lost this year's E3.

Top Bottom