• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalebound, Crackdown and Quantum Break at Gamescom

Hatty

Just show me a two minute gameplay trailer for Scalebound. What is that game even going to be I must know

a916

so how long with the CoD gameplay demo be this long guys? Safe bet is 10 minutes, but I think they can push it to 15 if they show off the moneyhatted timed exclusive DLC they have in lieu of exclusive games they announced a year ago.

They said they will be unveiling MP at E3, a first for the series. Maybe MP...

jbug617

Banned
so how long with the CoD gameplay demo be this long guys? Safe bet is 10 minutes, but I think they can push it to 15 if they show off the moneyhatted timed exclusive DLC they have in lieu of exclusive games they announced a year ago.

Maybe it's a Fallout 4 demo

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I don't own a Xone but I was pretty pumped to see what Scalebound actually played like.

Definitely a bummer. Guess it's Halo crazy time for their conference then...

Phamit

30+ mins demo for Halo 5.

20+ mins demo for The Division.

20+ mins demo for Tomb Raider.

30 mins demo for VR.

20 mins of random CG announcement trailers/"gameplay" snippets.

This is all going to be totally wrong.

They only have 1h 30 min

I think if anything this just speaks to Microsoft revealing games way too early. I don't want another flurry of CG trailers from games 2 years out come Monday.

Nibel

I think CoD is Sony's playball now; I expect some Fallout 4 footage instead.

harSon

Banned
I'm excited then.

Phil Spencer said he wanted both a strong e3 and Gamescom, at that e3's focus would be games with a heavily first party slant.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Oh wow. As others mentioned, if they move some huge games to Gamescom from E3, that means they are making space for some equally huge games for E3. Oh man, 3 more days.

Dissapointing. I was looking forward to Scalebound and QB the most from MS's side of things.

Atleast this means they probably have a few good surprises.

Garjon

I just hope it's more than "only" Q4 game demos.

Last year they showed several 2016 games, it's a safe bet that they'll show games from a ways off as well as demos for the upcoming games. That said, Gears, Forza, Tomb Raider, Halo 5 and Fable are all virtually guaranteed and other stuff like The Division that MS has a deal on will show up so that doesn't leave much time for later games, especially if they demo Hololens and Windows 10.

Con_Smith

Banned
So if they planned on having a strong first party showing but their three biggest exclusives down the slate won't be getting an E3 update what will we be seeing? An indie showcase (those are barely games anyone should get hyped for going by some here)? 20 min demos for gears forza and halo?

I dunno with this leak overload all week all the major hitters better pull some gotdamn rabbits out some hats this E3 because next week will feel pretty stale.

CrisKre

No Scalebound, no interest in MS conference. There is nothing that could remotely interest me there now.

See you at Gamescon, i guess.

RulkezX

It's MS though. No matter what, you know how it goes.

I mean I think I know what you're trying to say, but the last couple of years has been CGI announcements of titles that don't exist ( Black Tusks game) or announcements of games that are weeks/months into development.

We haven't seen all that much of QB and nothing at all of Scalebound or Crackdown ( and we'll just not mention PD). There was zero reason for most they games to be at E3 last year.

A repeat of that would be bullshit. No one really wants to see CGI trailers of games more than 2 years away from release.

Well that sucks but at the same time I understand because this means they'll get a proper stage presence. At the same time this makes me curious what is actually going to be at their conference.

Chris1

That just reminds me, MS have been saying "Come see the greatest lineup in xbox history at E3"

Without those 3 games, I just don't see it unless they have huge surprises.

I reckon Halo, Tomb Raider, and Windows 10 will take a good chunk of the conference.

We will probably also see a lengthy demo for the division as Xbox has exclusive DLC for the game.

Maybe 1 or 2 surprises?

singhr1

Man people will get angry at anything. Since when is it bad to spread out your news? Make the year have more highs than lows? Get TWO great press conferences in which your games can breathe rather than jam pack one with trailer after trailer giving each game only 3-5 min each? Give relatively smaller games like Scalebound a proper platform to shine rather than stuck behind the shadow of Halo 5 or Tomb Raider when they take the headlines?

That just reminds me, MS have been saying "Come see the greatest lineup in xbox history at E3"

Without those 3 games, I just don't see it unless they have huge surprises.

The fact they're saying that, knowing that Scalebound/Crackdown/Quantum Break will be absent - makes me very interested in what they mean.

Either huge fucking megatons, or a huge plate of third party software that will probably be showcased at the publisher's own conferences. Or fuck it, a mix of the two.

Salty Hippo

It's not just "new announcements", it's also revisiting stuff they already announced.
We know nothing of Scalebound and Crackdown outside of CG trailers and concept art. This would have been the perfect opportunity to show gameplay. NOPE! CAN'T HAVE THAT! HOW ABOUT MORE CGI TRAILERS?!

Those games are not coming anytime soon, and you will see them in just over 6 weeks from now. MS has already said they'll focus on both first party/exclusives and more gameplay footage this time, so it's silly to jump to the conclusion that they're clearing space to show a bunch of CG trailers or a bunch of EA games (like other people here are doing).

I want to see Scalebound and I need to see Crackdown.

I've come to terms with owning an Xbox One in the future.
Unless the games go PC ^_^

The concern is real. I don't see what the problem is. They have at E3 -

Halo 5
Forza 6
Tomb Raider
Gears Remastered
Fable
Joe Montana (probably)
Rare's Game
Killer Instinct (maybe)
Unknowns
3 or 4 3rd Party
Indie Segment
OS stuff / Windows 10

What more do you want for 90 minutes?

It makes sense to save the big 2016 games for a later date, which isn't exactly far away anyway.

A.J.

Banned
Scalebound ad Crackdown were the only games from MS I cared about. Phantom Dust better still be alive because if I get another Halo, Gears, Forza, Fable rotation I will be displeased.

Froza: 10 Mins
Halo: 20 Mins
Tomb Raider: 20 Mins
Gears of War 4: 3 Mins
Gears of War Remastered: 2 mins
Fable Legends: 5 Mins
Rare's IP: 5 Mins
Hololense: 15 Mins
Third Parties: 10 Mins

solis74

Those games are not coming anytime soon, and you will see them in just over 6 weeks from now. MS has already said they'll focus on both first party/exclusives and more gameplay footage this time, so it's silly to jump to the conclusion they they're clearing space to show a bunch of CG trailers or a bunch of EA games like others are doing.

This.

Just show me a two minute gameplay trailer for Scalebound. What is that game even going to be I must know

" Transported to a distant, hostile world, you'll come face to face with fearsome creatures, including a formidable dragon. The bond you forge with this awesome predator will prove crucial to the survival of this world, and your own."

Kriken

No Scalebound at e3 made my interest in Microsoft's press conference plummet, maybe Battletoads will be interesting enough

I'll still watch it (and most likely be bored), but as far as known things go, Scalebound was the only one I was interested in seeing more of. There goes that.

Top Bottom