• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scalebound, Crackdown and Quantum Break at Gamescom

Hatty

" Transported to a distant, hostile world, you'll come face to face with fearsome creatures, including a formidable dragon. The bond you forge with this awesome predator will prove crucial to the survival of this world, and your own."

That says nothing about the gameplay which is the most important part

FFS! The only game I want to know about from Microsoft is Scalebound at the moment. Sure FM6 is cool but it isn't like I don't know what that will be.

With all the early announcements and postponements this E3 has been really unusual so far.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Bummed about both QB and SB missing E3. Those were the things I was most excited to see from them outside of Halo.

RdN

I see this as good news.

These 3 titles are 2016 games, so there are other chances to show them.

Also, it probably means more space for new titles at E3, which would be very good.

Revven

Woopee more CG trailers from Microsoft then. Well, except for something like Gears of War (the remaster), Halo 5, and Tomb Raider, probably. Anything that's new is likely to be a CG trailer... :/

I was looking forward to seeing Scalebound, too. Even if I'm never getting an Xbone, Platinum Games titles always interest me.

E3 = Games releasing this fall, Gamescom - Games releasing in 2016.

I highly doubt Microsoft will restrain themselves like that this E3. In 2014 they "showed" Phantom Dust which may as well be canceled now going by the studio comments, Crackdown and Scalebound both of which we have seen nothing since then (unless i missed something?). I expect they will show some stuff pretty far out.

And anyway dont you expect megatons and surprises for this E3 (your post on the 1st page)? Its pretty unlikely that Microsoft would have a game to announce of that caliber ready for this fall. And even if they have it would be foolish to release it this fall, since they already have Forza, Tomb Raider and Halo, which is already arguably overkill. Anymore would be stupid.

Xpliskin

I wonder what they have in store instead.

Well a Last Guardian re-reveal would overshadow everything else, that's the problem.

orochi91

Dark Souls 3 will probably be at the MS conference.

Windows (PC) + Xbox will have a greater combined market share than PS, so it would make sense to appear there.

So E3 is going to be Halo, Gears and Forza?

It's like a metaphor
(I don't think that's the right word but it's still early here)
for why I find it hard to like their consoles.

Ramenman

what ? "so much to show" that not even Crackdown or Scalebound ? Wtf, i'd like to see that D:

this was the principal reason I was looking forward to MS's conference.

Now all I'm left with is sadness and the hope that Rare's new game will be shown and cool.

All of that to show us demos of call of duty and assasin's creed. booyah.

Meh.

Einbroch

Banned
Assuming they've got some cool stuff up their sleeve, I'm excited to see what they offer.

If it's "well, these aren't ready, sooo..." then it's gonna be one sad, sad conference.

Fuck, I was really looking forward to Scalebound. Crackdown I understand but man, they better not focus too much on Hololens and the Rare title better be Banjo Threeie or something as awesome as that.

Damn Microsoft, can we at least get some confirmation on what kind of game Scalebound is? Starting to feel like the game wasn't ready to be announced like Phantom Dust.

Rembrandt

Banned
So E3 is going to be Halo, Gears and Forza?

It's like a metaphor
(I don't think that's the right word but it's still early here)
for why I find it hard to like their consoles.

Or it could be like their last E3 where we see unannounced games and shit, you know.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Uhhh...Scalebound gameplay was the only thing I was looking forward to from the MS press conference. That shit better be there in at least gameplay trailer form cause fuck this.

This makes me very hype for GC, which I'll be attending.

Not all that interested in their E3 presser anymore though. It's basically up to Rare for me now.

Boo..really wanted to see Scalebound and Crackdown. Ah well...hopefully they'll have something in store to replace them on stage.

Lakitu

st5fu
That's a huge shame :/ I let Quantum Break slide, even though I really want to see it but now Scalebound and Crackdown too? They better have some good stuff and not just some CG trailers.

Sydle

Ugh, I was really looking forward to Scalebound.

God I hope the E3 show is not Rare game, Gears remaster, Gears 4 teaser, Tomb Raider, Halo 5 campaign, Forza 6, and the rest HoloLens. There needs to be like at least 2-3 more big reveals and several smaller ones to accompany that lineup.

Top Bottom