• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senran Kagura Estival Versus announced for PS4/Vita

kewlmyc

The girl in black? Isnt that her left nipple under her swinsuit thing south west of the highlight on the exposed part of her breast?

No, it's your typical "shiny spot" that shows up in most anime art. Supposed to show that they have smooth skin or something. Never really understood it myself. Some art goes overboard with it making it look weird.

Biker19

Banned
So many cross-platform titles. How does Sony expect any of this to actually move PS4 hardware?

Blame most Japanese 3rd party publishers for not making most of their games PS4 exclusive like they should.

Besides, it's much better to play games like this on the big screen instead of playing it on a 5" handheld screen.

Producer

Blame most Japanese 3rd party publishers for not making most of their games PS4 exclusive like they should.

Besides, it's much better to play games like this on the big screen instead of playing it on a 5" handheld screen.

Lol like they should? because they totally want a game to be exclusive on a dead platform in that region

And Shinovi Versus/WO3U/SW4 etc all play fine on the Vita. But yeah im double dipping on ps4. Cant pass up 1080p60 senrans

StayDead

Since I primarily game as a handheld gamer (+ Wii U due to the gamepad) I'm glad games keep on coming for my vita <3

Speaking of anime SK... and as we don't have our comnunity thread (yet)...

I've received the settei (a purchase I've been posponing since last year, lol) for the TV series. Anybody here would be intested in scans ?

I've also succeded at placing an order for the SK game OP gengashuu which was released today. Not sure I will scan this one though, lol ^^

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So from what I'm seeing, "settei" are sort of like pics of character models to help the animators with consistency or something?

& I know posting scans isn't allowed, but does the same apply for asking for them? As long as you don't post it directly, it's okay?

So from what I'm seeing, "settei" are sort of like pics of character models to help the animators with consistency or something?

They are reference material for animators basically, yes.

& I know posting scans isn't allowed, but does the same apply for asking for them? As long as you don't post it directly, it's okay?

Well, as the original sheets aren't usually a traditionnal commercial product I didn't think it would be a problem but on second thoughts you are probably right, yeah.

Let take it privately.

Moofers

I posted this in the vita tv thread but I may as well do it here too:

I have a Vita and am looking for a fun game with some sexiness mixed in. I already have Valhalla Knights 3 which I enjoyed quite a bit, but now I'm looking at the following:

Akiba's Trip
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
Persona 4 Golden
Deception IV

I know Persona isn't the most sexy game, but I heard it has dating which I find interesting. I am not big on jrpg's though which is holding me back. Also really looks like anime which is a turnoff. The "teddy" character being so prominent on the cover concerns me.

Looked at Senran Kagura for a while too but the anime look is a big turnoff. The baby faces kind of ruin the sexy, but if it's fun I could overlook it. The watery boob jiggles are sort of hilarious, but the faces being like 12-yr olds is killing it for me.

So really I'm mostly between Akiba or Deception, leaning more toward DIV. I think the character looks the best, and I enjoy the semi-horror theme as well. Figured I'd throw it out to GAF though and see what everyone says. Thanks in advance!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'll just say that if you want, you could dress them in clothing that reveals less if you want, plus you can completely skip the in-battle cutscenes showing you or your opponent taking damage.

Akiba's Trip is actually on sale right now on PSN, so I would probably suggest getting that. I've heard some people say it's like a lighter, sillier version of Yakuza. As for "sexiness", there's actually not a ton, as it's meant to be more silly than sexy. The sexiest you'll get are those cutaway pictures when you fight against certain characters, & even then, I think there's actually more male ones than females (or maybe it's 50/50, I forgot). Xseed even went as far as asking the original developer to add those new images of the male characters.

SerTapTap

All of those games are fairly anime with Deception being the biggest exception. The characters faces seem no more "baby" than any anime female between 16 and 30, only Mirai and Minori actually look particularly young to my eyes, and that's simply because it's their "thing" (they're also terrible characters).

Anyway, I definitely recommend Senran Kagura Versus, very fun combat, great amount of content, by the time I was starting to get bored I was only a little bit away from the platinum anyway. I don't know why you'd want Persona as a "sexy" game unless lots of text and grinding gets you off, though know SK is more about humor aside from the outfits and actual stripping mechanics. Only a few characters are actually actively pervy. But the clothing options are...something else

Heard good things about Akiba's trip but I'll probably wait for the PC version (and a sale) myself

DeaviL

Banned

Persona is pretty much a visual novel too, so if you enjoy lots of character interaction...
Teddy annoyed me too before i played the game, but i've definitely warmed up to him.

Also later in the story teddy
gets a human form
(little sexiness, but deals with sexuality somewhat)

I'm a little late to the party on this one but are y'all talking about buying a PS4 for this as in a Japanese PS4? Or have they confirmed it'll get a western release? Or.. do western PS4s play import games? :O

I still haven't beaten the 3DS game but I love the series so much, the art style and characters are so cute. I'll probably wind up getting a PS4 in 2015 but I wanna know how I'll be able to play this @__@

Producer

ps4 is region free, so you can import this game and play it on any console.

anyways, im sure it will get localized at some point.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Oh shiiiiiiii

And you can pre-order the NyuNyu editions to get these little ones:
skevfeat.jpg

senran-kagura-estival-versus-10-21-14-1.jpg

jwk94

pretty import friendly. the combat, customization, menus etc are straight forward, you'll just be missing out on the storyline

hmmm....and what's the resale value on these things? I usually go digital but I might just import the retail version if I can sell it back for a decent price when the localization drops.

SerTapTap

How import friendly are these games? I kinda don't want to wait for the localization.

Region free, as said, and there's no dialog choices or anything (thus far), story progress is totally linear and if you replaced the text with japanese in Shinovi Versus I'm certain I could find my way around in a few minutes. There's icons on the quick menu to help you around and the chapter/mission list is super simple

Oh Jesus, and how much would that set me back?!?

About $200 for both together. I'm thinking of getting them but I dont' even need the Vita version (but I do need the figs)

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...s=senran+kagura$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...s=senran+kagura$pagemax=40$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

The cheapest you can get them is around 22250 yen total, or roughly $200 total with the current exchange rate. One set comes with the Vita version, the other set comes with the PS4 version.
HMMMMM

I'm actually incredibly tempted to buy the PS4 version. I don't own and will probably never own a Vita, and I like the figures in the PS4 version better anyway (cannon arms girl is AWESOME). I'm assuming that site is legit? I don't think I've ever imported a game before so I'm a little green with this.

Edit: I too am interested in the scans, please :eek:

SerTapTap

HMMMMM

I'm actually incredibly tempted to buy the PS4 version. I don't own and will probably never own a Vita, and I like the figures in the PS4 version better anyway (cannon arms girl is AWESOME). I'm assuming that site is legit? I don't think I've ever imported a game before so I'm a little green with this.

That's a shame because Versus 1 is already on Vita and is a dozen times better than SK1. Also plays perfectly fine on PS TV which is very cheap.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
HMMMMM

AmiAmi is one of the most reliable import vendors around. You can pre-order comfortably. However, since they usually offer pre-order discounts, they don't technically don't allow cancellations (though they make exceptions).

That's a shame because Versus 1 is already on Vita and is a dozen times better than SK1. Also plays perfectly fine on PS TV which is very cheap.
Oh I'll likely get a PSTV at some point (is Versus available in the US or do I need a Japanese account?) I just don't think I'll be buying an actual Vita system. Honestly I prefer console gaming to handheld since I'm a bitch and my neck hurts if I handheld game for too long, plus I just like using a controller more. PSTV plays PS1 games too, right?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So is this series no longer coming to the 3DS for some reason?

Just curious, I seem to remember them being on the 3DS.

They alternate. The "mainline" series is on the 3DS. In fact, Senran Kagura 2 just released this year on the 3DS. I say "mainline" because it's successor of the original game, but Shinovi Versus on the Vita may have usurped it in popularity at this point... I guess they're both sides of a coin.

Anyway, Estival Versus (Vita + PS4) is a sequel to Shinovi Versus (Vita), whereas SK2: Deep Crimson (3DS) was a sequel to Senran Kagura Burst (3DS).

At this time, only Senran Kagura Burst and Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus have been localized.

Then there's Senran Kagura Dekamori (localized as Senran Kagura Bon Appetit) which is a spin-off rhythm cooking game on the Vita.

Genis94

Neo Member
This is why I'm glad Sony doesn't have region lock. Just need to get some yen cards onto my Japanese account once March rolls around. If multiplayer holds up like it did in Shinovi, then online is going to be tuns of fun.

Damn that OVA trailer is just... wow.

main series has 2 games and both are for 3DS, alt series is on Vita(and PS4 for Estival).

Estival will probably(or at least I hope) sell better than SK2 so the series continues, Versus is the best selling game of the series IIRC so maybe they will focus more on that side.

SerTapTap

Oh I'll likely get a PSTV at some point (is Versus available in the US or do I need a Japanese account?) I just don't think I'll be buying an actual Vita system. Honestly I prefer console gaming to handheld since I'm a bitch and my neck hurts if I handheld game for too long, plus I just like using a controller more. PSTV plays PS1 games too, right?

PS TV plays basically any PS1 and PSP game that Vita plays (so missing a few PS3/PSP only things). And yeah it was released in the west, can be gotten digitally or (limited, but I think still in stock?) physical

Did SK2 bomb? They were fire-saleing the Nyuu nyuu pack for SK2. And the games kinda run like ass on 3DS (and the 3D doesn't really do much for 'em at that camera angle). I can totally see them dropping 3DS (and personally wouldn't mind in the least)

PS TV plays basically any PS1 and PSP game that Vita plays (so missing a few PS3/PSP only things). And yeah it was released in the west, can be gotten digitally or (limited, but I think still in stock?) physical

Did SK2 bomb? They were fire-saleing the Nyuu nyuu pack for SK2. And the games kinda run like ass on 3DS (and the 3D doesn't really do much for 'em at that camera angle). I can totally see them dropping 3DS (and personally wouldn't mind in the least)

I just looked up the PSTV on Amazon and I will totally be buying one of those at some point soon. I never really got into the PS-handheld scene and I have a bunch of PSOne games tied to my PSN account so that'll be a great way to explore those libraries without having to spend hundreds on the actual PSP/PSV systems.

I just don't know if I should get the $80 standalone PSTV or spend the extra $20 to get a second DS3 and Lego Movie game. I mean... it's only $20 more. That's like $10 for the controller and $10 for the game. DS3s alone are still like crazy expensive (reason why I still only have one... makes 100%-ing LBP impossible >:T )

Gonna wait for the rest of my Christmas cards to get here to see what kinda cash reserve I have before I go crazy importing SKE and buying a PSTV ergh

SerTapTap

I just looked up the PSTV on Amazon and I will totally be buying one of those at some point soon. I never really got into the PS-handheld scene and I have a bunch of PSOne games tied to my PSN account so that'll be a great way to explore those libraries without having to spend hundreds on the actual PSP/PSV systems.

I just don't know if I should get the $80 standalone PSTV or spend the extra $20 to get a second DS3 and Lego Movie game. I mean... it's only $20 more. That's like $10 for the controller and $10 for the game. DS3s alone are still like crazy expensive (reason why I still only have one... makes 100%-ing LBP impossible >:T )

A memory card is basically required so unless you're getting a separate one, get the bundle

A memory card is basically required so unless you're getting a separate one, get the bundle

Ah good to know, thank you! I assume they have to be specific Sony memory cards? (since I never did the PSP/Vita thing I don't know for sure but I remember a lot of complaining about needing proprietary and expensive Sony formats?)

But yeah for $20 more you get a controller, game, and memory card... really no reason not to go with that one.

I was looking around AmiAmi and it seems there's another version of the PS4 game with something they're calling a "crystal paperweight"? Any pictures or ideas as to what that is? Looks like it's about $20 more, and it includes everything else that the NyuuNyuu set does... huh.

Pics_nao

Ah good to know, thank you! I assume they have to be specific Sony memory cards? (since I never did the PSP/Vita thing I don't know for sure but I remember a lot of complaining about needing proprietary and expensive Sony formats?)

But yeah for $20 more you get a controller, game, and memory card... really no reason not to go with that one.

I was looking around AmiAmi and it seems there's another version of the PS4 game with something they're calling a "crystal paperweight"? Any pictures or ideas as to what that is? Looks like it's about $20 more, and it includes everything else that the NyuuNyuu set does... huh.

The paperweight is just a picture of Yumi. I should have the pic somewhere on my computer to upload

Edit: Found it.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

It'll just be a standing glass paperweight with this on it:

MrPanic

They alternate. The "mainline" series is on the 3DS. In fact, Senran Kagura 2 just released this year on the 3DS. I say "mainline" because it's successor of the original game, but Shinovi Versus on the Vita may have usurped it in popularity at this point... I guess they're both sides of a coin.

Anyway, Estival Versus (Vita + PS4) is a sequel to Shinovi Versus (Vita), whereas SK2: Deep Crimson (3DS) was a sequel to Senran Kagura Burst (3DS).

At this time, only Senran Kagura Burst and Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus have been localized.

Then there's Senran Kagura Dekamori (localized as Senran Kagura Bon Appetit) which is a spin-off rhythm cooking game on the Vita.

Does anyone know if and when SK2 is gonna get localized?

Top Bottom