• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHENMUE 3 kickstarter (PC/PS4) - FINAL DAY - NEW KS RECORD GO GO GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Eat crow DuckRoll

CHl4moZVEAE3Bs_.jpg:large

Sure. I'm really glad they DID do a Kickstarter because it's a great way to see actual demand. Fans can put their money where their mouths are, and it looks like they have. Good for Suzuki!

At least this is a Kickstarter for a franchise could actually result in a good game, unlike Igarashit's scamstarter!

Krejlooc

Banned
Sure. I'm really glad they DID do a Kickstarter because it's a great way to see actual demand. Fans can put their money where their mouths are, and it looks like they have. Good for Suzuki!

At least this is a Kickstarter for a franchise could actually result in a good game, unlike Igarashit's scamstarter!

Someone should change your title :)

Neff

Or it's to prove there is adequate interest to fund it. There's clearly a reason why it was announced at their presser after the Cerny tweets, etc. but I doubt an extra $2M would stop Sony if they believed there was a market for the game.

Yeah, same situation as Bloodstained I'm imagining. Sony are ready to go with this, but they want actual cash-backed proof before going with what they already know.

Shenmue III does need a serious budget, let's not fool ourselves about that for a minute. I hope Sony -or whoever Suzuki's backers are- jump in with confidence.

That doesn't seem likely, given that it's only 2 million that they are asking for, and Yu definitely doesn't have the money to back the rest of the game up.

I can understand that. If it is Sony giving them a portion of the money, then good on them! I wonder if Sega will have anything to do with this, not like they're in the best of financial situations, though.

I realize I have forgotten most everything from the previous Shenmue games.

I guess the market for rereleasing the first two is there in a manner of speaking.

Still love ya Ducky!

*tickles duckchin*

G0523

So, if I'm understanding this right, if you want to play the whole trilogy you need to play each game on different systems (in the US at least):

-Shenmue (Dreamcast)
-Shenmue II (Xbox (or B/C on 360))
-Shenmue III (PS4)

I wonder/hope if there will be a stretch goal to port or remaster the first two for PS4 and PC.

brett2

is it similar to Yakuza?

I actually haven't played Yakuza but based on videos I have watched I would say no. You get to interact with unique personalities on a day to day basis as the plot unfolds. You actually feel like you are a part of a community in the first game and then as an outsider in a strange country in the second. You learn Kung Fu like those montages in the classic movies and actually wander around to say goodbye to your friends before you leave the city. Ohh and it has the greatest gaming soundtrack of all time.

Dear Brothers of Shenmue, The Last Guardian and FFVII Remake GAF.

In our finest hour, under a united banner we willed a miracle in to existence.

Let it be forever remembered that this banner was created BEFORE the Sony Conference by fellow brothers.

Let us not forget this day, for this call to arms may be needed once again.

18221787244_d8ac3f0c02_o.png

BELIEVE!

This should be the GAF banner for atleast the next 6 months

Sandfox

I realize I have forgotten most everything from the previous Shenmue games.

I guess the market for rereleasing the first two is there in a manner of speaking.

Sony or whoever is in charge need to re-release the last two games before this comes out unless they expect only people who played the old DC versions to buy this.

So, if I'm understanding this right, if you want to play the whole trilogy you need to play each game on different systems (in the US at least):

-Shenmue (Dreamcast)
-Shenmue III (PS4)

I wonder/hope if there will be a stretch goal to port or remaster the first two for PS4 and PC.

You most definitely do NOT want to play Shenmue II on XBOX. That is a butchered version. Play both Shenmue and Shenmue II on Dreamcast only.

system11

Funny how Kickstarter fell over in a heap minutes after the reveal.

There needs to be a PS4 physical tier. I don't understand why there isn't.

Stilll tho... you gotta deal with the crow. Maybe CrowRoll for rest of E3? :)

SparkTR

-Shenmue (Dreamcast)
-Shenmue III (PS4)

If you own a PC and have the original Dreamcast versions you can also emulate them on NullDC on PC (and other platforms). I played through Shenmue 1/2 like this and even imported my saves/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom