• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shia LaBeouf slashes own face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone needs to tell this man that artistry doesn't come first. He seems to be constantly desiring some degree of self harm and that's not healthy, however romantic it might seem.

Cragvis

Am I the only one around here that likes him?

I mean transformers and crystal skull were shit, but it was more the script. He seems like a really interesting person and obviously loves what he does for a living and gets into it. Thats pretty cool.

I never found him offputting or a bad actor though.

If I was the director on this film I'd have to say "Look Shia, stop fucking doing that."

I mean, how hard would it be for anyone around to actually say something like that to him? Do they just shrug and say "Well, okay then."?

mjc

I fully expect to wake up one day in the near future and hear that he tried to fuck a polar bear at the LA zoo or something. This guy is going nuts.

Alienous

If I was the director on this film I'd have to say "Look Shia, stop fucking doing that."

I mean, how hard would it be for anyone around to actually say something like that to him? Do they just shrug and say "Well, okay then."?

Someone else removed a tooth.

Evidently, the director has no fucks left in his fucks bank account.

joker.gif

I commend him for his conviction to his work, but goddamn man your face is your asset. Don't ruin it!

NEVER BOTHER THE TALENT!

I honestly wished someone had the balls to say something to him. That's not healthy.

Kinyou

I think someone really needs to be looking out for this guy. He sounds like he's a bit of a mess right now.
Yeah, reminds me a bit of Amanda Bynes. First it was funny because "haha, look how crazy she is" until it became clear that she genuinely needed psychiatrical help.

Fevaweva

I like to think that Brad Pitt and David Ayer were just like "IDAF unless it harms the production of the film" which is probably the proper response when dealing with eccentric actors

Rembrandt

Banned

I mean transformers and crystal skull were shit, but it was more the script. He seems like a really interesting person and obviously loves what he does for a living and gets into it. Thats pretty cool.

I like him. Some of his antics are pretty funny, too. Don't really get the hate, especially when it's coupled with posts questioning his mental health.

DeathyBoy

Banned
So in other words he's screwing up continuity completely given the cuts will heal, but will be fresh for the character in film?

Idiot.

Moppeh

Banned
Jesus Christ, somebody should make a Barrett biopic and have him as the lead. This guy is legitimately losing his mind, hopefully he gets some help.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
The actors who have dropped tons of weight quickly have done way more permanent damage to themselves than a few cuts on the face do. Permanent heart damage I believe being one aspect.

They get tons of praise. That's even if they aren't the greatest actors in the world.

Although to be fair stories about Shia usually come off as attention grabs from someone struggling with issues.

^

The drastic physical changes Christian Bale undergoes from role to role are a thousand times worse than this.

Alienous

So in other words he's screwing up continuity completely given the cuts will heal, but will be fresh for the character in film?

Idiot.

Probably didn't realize that films aren't usually filmed in chronological order.

So his character is now Wolverine.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
Sign him up to play Son of One Armed Man, No Armed Man, in the Twin Peaks revival.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
No joke, it might be time to get Shia some help. Is there no one close to him that can convince him? :/

Blader

Should have just asked Tom Hardy to punch him out again instead.

fake edit: actually, I think I have that backwards

Grizzo

So he asked his dentist to pull out one of his perfectly healthy teeth just to lend more credibility to his role? Ok then.

I like him. Some of his antics are pretty funny, too. Don't really get the hate, especially when it's coupled with posts questioning his mental health.
I liked him in Even Stevens and Holes, though I've come to believe that in the former he was not as much acting as being himself but no one saw the underlying mental illness.

He seems to hold it together well enough when actually filming, like how someone with a severe stutter can still sing perfectly, but I wonder what kind of stuff he did off the set on his other films.

Blader

So he asked his dentist to pull out one of his perfectly healthy teeth just to lend more credibility to his role? Ok then.

Jamie Foxx had a dentist chip his front teeth for his performance in The Soloist, a role and movie that earned him exactly zero Oscar cred. :lol

KidB

This guy really needs to consult a psychiatrist, this isn't the typical attention whore behaviour...

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
I bet somewhere on set, the makeup team is just throwing up their hands.

Dude needs to stop trying to be so "edgy" or whatever he's trying to be, and just get help.

andycapps

I bet somewhere on set, the makeup team is just throwing up their hands.

Dude needs to stop trying to be so "edgy" or whatever he's trying to be, and just get help.

I don't think I'd want to be the person doing his makeup after this stunt.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Me too. If it helps him get a better performance and he's able to make that decision, well, it's up to him. Rather have people like him than cookie cutter Hollywood types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom