• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Crowdsourcing - Completed, $829,829 raised, 4+1 characters funded

I do believe the way ravi worded it on twitter is that people will be refunded that money if it doesn't work out. So. Could go either way honestly.

Do the math. 30$ x 2730 = 81,910 or 70k+
Because every single person did it for the hat. The upper tiers include hats too, you know. I guess that means it was all a sham in the $30 tiers and above.

Just having some fun. Don't take it too serious. :p

Johnz

Neo Member
Because every single person did it for the hat. The upper tiers include hats too, you know.

But I don't believe people just entered those tiers for just hat.. for those people it won't break the purchase..They get cool stuff..and they care enough to do 50-1000 dollars..

I would say that a majority of the 30$ block is hat monsters...It's a big sum of money either way you look at it...

anyway here's hoping something happens soon.

I'm sure this has been discussed a lot but a friend (and myself) was really excited since they've raised so much and Big Band plus another character seems super likely but when I go to the page I see all the higher level stuff is sold out already. That's got to slow things down a lot, right? In any case, chipped in $30 today.

Johnz

Neo Member
Ravi and some of the lab zero guys have probably been busy all day doing business stuff for those tiers and getting valve stuff worked out I'm sure..

Goon Boon

Banned
Ravi and some of the lab zero guys have probably been busy all day doing business stuff for those tiers and getting valve stuff worked out I'm sure..

What else could they sub the hat for though to appease the people who went in for the hat if they can't work it out? A second copy of skullgirls?

I hope it gets in so we don't get some stuff happening like mass refunds or chargebacks or even just bad press. :/

Ken

What else could they sub the hat for though to appease the people who went in for the hat if they can't work it out? A second copy of skullgirls?

I hope it gets in so we don't get some stuff happening like mass refunds or chargebacks or even just bad press. :/

A real hat.

Johnz

Neo Member

officially licensed canon doujin

How much do you think Valve would charge for the use of hats as a fundraising technique? Im pretty sure there are tons of companies who would love to have a TF2 hat as a reward simply because people would donate just to get that even if they werent interested in the game.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Would it be possible at all to get Filia in her original outfit? I like it much better than the outfit that made it into the game.

Redrawing all the sprites over again? You dont really need me to answer that, right?

Scorecard time: the fund is currently standing at $266,803, an increase of $16,773 over the last 24 hours or so. It's now the 21st biggest project ever on Indiegogo.

Mesoian

It just occured to me that Big Band is going to have very weird punch normals, given that he doesn't have arms...

Yeah, that's what I was most interested about. Sure attacks can come from the brass plugs, but...how does he attack outside of full body lunges or projectiles?

Loona

I had no clue Feng was supposed to be similar to Makoto. That alone made me donate just to cross the 260k barrier. I definitely want to see her in sooner rather than later. She is also that super thin pixie type. Makoto and acrobatics? What's not to like?

Odd - when I look at Feng I see acrobatic kung fu; when I think Makoto I think of a mostly grounded style of karate involving breaking opponents one powerful punch at a time or in small, paced bursts.
Then again, as much as I like Makoto, I can hardly say I've mastered her gameplay subtleties.

If they had the money to make some of those amazing characters... I'm sure Skullgirls would be way more popular. At least we're at least guarantied to have a 10 character rooster now, and maybe 11 if we're lucky.

If the current rate of increase ($16,500 a day) is maintained for the next 25 days, the fund will sit at $680,000 with a bit of a day to go, I think.

If you remember that there is a spur in the last day as people rush to get the cool stuff before it goes... the team could end up with maybe $750,000, tops.

I can't really see character #12 being funded, but three quarters of a million dollars would keep the LZ guys employed for, what, eight months? In that best-case scenario, there could be an opportunity to do some work on a twelfth character to return for another kickstarter? Or maybe Autumn will actually have escaped from legal hell by then?

EDIT: My minimum guess would be $475,000, assuming that the push greatly slows to the point where day-to-day pledges go down by 50%. That would leave a fun last day to try and raise $125,000 for the character vote.

Maths!

EDIT 2:
with musical brass notes of pain

He could be like Phoenix Wright from UMvC3! Except instead of hiting you with Objection he can hit you with sheet music.

Certainly, I'd give it a couple of days before declaring a trend. Yesterday's figure was affected by the Giant Bomb article and subsequent carnival of stupid, while today's figures has Salty Cupcakes, although tbh I think the former is a bigger factor then the former.

That said, it's probably safe to assume that Big Band + stage is a lock. (And in the two hours since the scorecard, another thousand has been added to the pile)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I hope they get the Valve thing sorted out. I'd imagine a lot of donations came from just the TF2 hat. I've already seen a person tweeting to the Skullgirls account about wanting a refund because of it.

HifAQfk.png

Good Lord.

Thores

The 30$ option still exists on the page 7 hours after the tweet..so that bodes well right?

Ravi?

Pretty sure that you can't edit or remove tier options after at least one contributor has paid for it. At least that's how it goes for Kickstarter, not sure if it applies to Indiegogo as well.

Johnz

Neo Member
Pretty sure that you can't edit or remove tier options after at least one contributor has paid for it. At least that's how it goes for Kickstarter, not sure if it applies to Indiegogo as well.

If true that definitely puts this campaign between a rock and a hard place if that one does have to be removed. Also makes it much more unfeasible that we reach the lauded 600k.

Dreavus

I think it might be a bit different. Lately they have been debating whether to "remove" (not refund, just to make space) the current higher tiers to "replace" them with some different rewards, or to raise the ceiling on the maximum number available on already existing higher tier rewards. Something about only being allowed a maximum of 12 tiers total.

EDIT:
Valve is grumbling about it, so negotiations are happening. I assume it's a case of "no, go back and redesign it", but I have honestly no idea.

I'm hoping that's what happening. When I first saw the hat it did seem a tiny bit over the top, even for modern TF2. Maybe making leviathan more like a "scarf" around the neck rather than actually going through the head would be more acceptable?

SupaNaab

:| I've yet to donate because Im still waiting for new tiers -.- Depending on the rewards I'd consider waiting for another pay to increase that number.

Ravidrath

:| I've yet to donate because Im still waiting for new tiers -.- Depending on the rewards I'd consider waiting for another pay to increase that number.

Most of my day was devoured by a meeting, so at this point I'm going to hold off until adding the new tiers until Monday. Seems like we should kick off the second week with them.

Right now they're all higher tier rewards, though.

Over the weekend we're going to research the "animation cel" idea. One of our interns has done it before, but we need to make sure it looks good with our assets, price it out, etc.

Good artist, but still a fetish artist :p

5741333380_e8444861d1.jpg

Top Bottom