• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Crowdsourcing - Completed, $829,829 raised, 4+1 characters funded

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So, only people who pledge the 30 bucks tier will be able to get the Leviathan hat? I can't pledge right now but I'm looking forward to get it in the future for PC since I already have it on PS3...

Yep. Looks like $30 or higher. That includes a Steam code for the PC version.

LegatoB

Just throwing this out there, since I know Ravidrath's reading this thread: open up more custom palette slots and I'll up to that level right away.

Ravidrath

Hm, so no hat for those who want to buy it along with the game when it gets released.

Bad week for being broke. :(

There will be other, different hats for the core game. Just the Leviathan hat is going to be exclusive to this campaign.

Just throwing this out there, since I know Ravidrath's reading this thread: open up more custom palette slots and I'll up to that level right away.

As soon as the artists wake up, I'm going to talk about increasing the limits on some of those tiers. Did not expect those to go, uh, in the first hour.

so how much is SG suppose to be on steam?

$15.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
There will be other, different hats for the core game. Just the Leviathan hat is going to be exclusive to this campaign.

Now we're talking! Give me dat Vice-Versa hat.

And speaking of hats, is it gonna be the Leviathan hat tradeable?

Echoing my comments from IndieGoGo over here - you guys should seriously consider Karen Strassman to voice Squigly. I think she'd be perfect.

Echoing my comments from IndieGoGo over here - you guys should seriously consider Karen Strassman to voice Squigly. I think she'd be perfect.

I think they've already finalized or are about to finalize who the voice actor for Squigly is going to be assuming she's funded. Fairly certain the candidates have already auditioned for the role.

Jezz, Crowdfunding for DLC now?

A game sure, but character dlc?

When you've got no where else to turn ...

Edit :

image.php

Holy wow I love this avatar. Where's it from?

Gbraga

I hope it all works well for them, it's a damn shame what happened to those guys, the game is so good. I hope it gets the attention it deserves.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jezz, Crowdfunding for DLC now?

A game sure, but character dlc?
Seems like a bad idea to me, rather they just kickstart a sequel. Seems like it would be more cost-efficient too, and then they wouldn't have to do two kickstarters. But I guess they just want to be doing something to get work because of a financial/legal situation.

Seems like a bad idea to me, rather they just kickstart a sequel. Seems like it would be more cost-efficient too, and then they wouldn't have to do two kickstarters. But I guess they just want to be doing something to get work because of a financial/legal situation.

Think a lot of it has to do with how much more a sequel would require compared to shipping a few DLC characters. The original SG game cost 1.7m going from Ravid and that seems a much more lofty goal than 150k.

Malajax

I think they're trying to avoid kick starting a sequel. If this goes well, and they finally get paid for the pc and console versions, it'll be enough to possibly fund a sequel.

I think Lab Zero really wants to give back to the community and deliver on the things that they were promising. Things went bad for them for all the wrong reasons, unfortunately.

Elixist

<--- its Eve from League of Legends. Someone on Deviant did it i believe. Wish i wasnt broke i'd do da donatings. Best of luck ladies and gents.

Ferrio

Banned

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Think a lot of it has to do with how much more a sequel would require compared to shipping a few DLC characters. The original SG game cost 1.7m going from Ravid and that seems a much more lofty goal than 150k.
Maybe it's cause when I'm thinking the state of the franchise, a kickstarter may be one of the best viable options for an SG2 to even exist. And asking fans for money twice, especially so short after the charity donation drive is a bit much, especially for the niche game it is.

Tizoc

Need to ask a premium for the other stuff just because, like... we need to make money, not give it all away on rewards.

Mhmm, well on the plus side, it seems you're nearly 1/4 of the way there and it's only the first day or so!

NEO0MJ

Maybe it's cause when I'm thinking the state of the franchise, a kickstarter may be one of the best viable options for an SG2 to even exist. And asking fans for money twice, especially so short after the charity donation drive is a bit much, especially for the niche game it is.

Considering that they can always recycle what they have now I think it would be better to support the bare minimum for characters and if all goes will make a serious effort later for the sequel.

It's been up for 2 hours...

And I think that all the top tier rewards should get a boost, you have a lot of demand for them. I know you said you're working on contacting the artist but that point can't be stressed enough.

Loona

I think they've already finalized or are about to finalize who the voice actor for Squigly is going to be assuming she's funded. Fairly certain the candidates have already auditioned for the role.

I keep thinking the voice should be by whomever sings that initial bit when the game starts up, considering the character is supposed to be an opera singer - it'd fit perfectly for her story mode.
Then again, for all I know, Michuru Yamane got someone in Japan to do that bit... but then again, could be something for the Japanese localization, if that version uses its own voices...

I was going to ask if it was OK to spectulate about the sillouettes here, but it seems most of the work is already done. I wonder if there are concrete gameplay plans for even half of them... wasn't expecting the fish game that Ms. fortune keeps misnaming in her story mode to be there, but then again, Knife... or Andy as a separate character, how would that work in a story mode?...

Ravidrath

I don't think we could survive for 18+ months on the salaries we're asking for here. People are already stretched thin, and a full second game at these prices would be difficult to say the least.

Also, I mean, even if we did ask for $2M or whatever you'd get the same comments, I think.

Ravidrath

I keep thinking the voice should be by whomever sings that initial bit when the game starts up, considering the character is supposed to be an opera singer - it'd fit perfectly for her story mode.
Then again, for all I know, Michuru Yamane got someone in Japan to do that bit... but then again, could be something for the Japanese localization, if that version uses its own voices...

The singer in the music is Yamane's sister, who is a trained opera singer. Same one from the SotN save/load screen.

Loona

put_kanji_in_skullgirls

Someone's going to pay to put him or a Sagat-alike in a background at this rate, won't it be so?... after that Ryu+Bonus-kun reference...

Then again, how come the tier for that already broke, reaching 10 out of 8?...
(oh well, spares my SNK fanboy self the expense and effort to think of an adequate reference to my preferred fighting game setting that could fit in the SG world)

Crowdfunding for DLC now? A game sure, but character dlc?

I would rather support them making a new game.
I could understand maybe if it were a character I really liked and were nuts over.

But it sounds like there's this and a few ambiguous perks. I have mixed feelings.

Very nice numbers for just two hours. Hopefully we can cross into the 80k zone before 12AM PST(3AM EST).

I'll be somewhere in the 100-200 tier with some luck.
Here to answer questions, as always.

And I'll start revealing some characters as soon as I eat some breakfast...
I got a question. Can you upgrade the rewards throughout the campaign? It looks like there could be some serious moolah to be made in the higher tiers. I'm amazed that so many high rollers have thrown in their cards as is tbh.

Just got home so I haven't even gotten the chance to read the Indiegogo page.

Edit: Nevermind... you answered the question above like a million times.
Well, their publisher is going through a lawsuit and can't pay the team at all, so that's why this campaign exists.
Yep, Skullgirls could have three times it's current LTD sales and Autumn would probably still have a hard time funding DLC when they are in the middle of a lawsuit.
You got any particular audio clips you'd like to share? I'd love to hear them.
Crowdfunding for DLC now? A game sure, but character dlc?

I would rather support them making a new game.
We couldn't fund it if we tried.
The SG community are like an endless fountain of money. How are you guys not broke yet?
That is a damn good question.

Item Box

$41k already? Amazing.
Unfortunately, that $30 tier is going to be gone soon for the tf2 hat alone. Hopefully it'll still be around by the end of the week.

NEO0MJ

There's a limit of 5000 on the $30 tier, but when that runs out we can increase it to $35 to recoup the added cost of additional codes.

I know I asked this before, but will you increase the number of $250 tier? Also, will we be charged now or after the fund is complete?

Glad this didn't come out a week ago or so... would have donated to get a background NPC... one so awesome people would request him to be character.

Top Bottom