• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Crowdsourcing - Completed, $829,829 raised, 4+1 characters funded

Wow those backer slots are gonna have to be heavily expanded at this rate for some of those rewards. Its looking like we might see some stretch goals at the rate this is blowing up!

GO SKULLGIRLS GO!

I'd caution that there's plenty of room for burnout, particularly in a week when it's no longer news and interest drops in a big way. That said, we should see within the next 24 hours or so if the target is within range of the inevitable last minute push. This assumes Lab Zero doesn't use Salty Cupcakes to plug the fundraiser like there's no tomorrow, of course.

I'd caution that there's plenty of room for burnout, particularly in a couple of day's time. That said, we should see within the next 24 hours or so if the target is within range of the inevitable last minute push. This assumes Lab Zero doesn't use Salty Cupcakes to plug the fundraiser like there's no tomorrow, of course.

I once saw someone that had done a Kickstarter before say that 90% of project that hit the halfway mark succeed all the way to the goal, and we're really close to halfway after five hours.

Squigs (and her story mode) will likely be funded. Everything else is still really questionable though.

Have you announced this to the Japanese scene Ravidrath? Given the game's brand new over there, it might garner a lot of interest.

Azure J

if they get past 600K then yes she is....if she gets enough votes

I've got a bias for Minette...

tumblr_m34c1eZitP1r2cewt.png

I'm down for some Lunch.

LegatoB

Does anyone know if you can "upgrade"/change pledge tiers on Indiegogo, or do I have to cancel & re-pledge to go up? I have a feeling that might flag with PayPal because that's totally how this bullshit works.

I pitched in $30 and I don't even have a decent laptop for gaming. Maybe when I upgrade I will try to get something decent. At least I know I will love that soundtrack. I had wanted that for a while, but never got around to buying it.

These high-end tiers are getting snatched up fast... I think that if you guys want to hit those stretch goals, you'll have to introduce some new high-end tiers(since you can only expand the capacity of the existing ones so far) or something. I don't know. The demand has been pretty amazing to watch!

I pitched in $30 and I don't even have a decent laptop for gaming. Maybe when I upgrade I will try to get something decent. At least I know I will love that soundtrack. I had wanted that for a while, but never got around to buying it.

I think Mike's mentioned that the game isn't resource intensive because he can play it on his toaster (his really old laptop) so you'll probably be alright. When the game comes out on PC give it a try.

These high-end tiers are getting snatched up fast... I think that if you guys want to hit those stretch goals, you'll have to introduce some new high-end tiers(since you can only expand the capacity of the existing ones so far) or something. I don't know. The demand has been pretty amazing to watch!

A $5K or $10K tier for a stage would probably attract one or two people. Though, I have no idea if that's a reasonable thing for the crew to implement. It shouldn't need new music, being a fan stage and all, so just art, right?

LegatoB

Answering my own question, it looks like it's not possible to "upgrade" my pledge, like it would be on Kickstarter. But I definitely want to go for that $400 custom palette level. Ravidrath, if I get in touch with you guys by e-mail or something and drop in another $250 to cover the difference between my current pledge and that level, can y'all "mark me down" at that level?

Loona

I didn't get a reply for my question on the relationship between submitted background characters and the background they'd go in :(

I have another question though: where the hell are Big Band's arms, or whatever's supposed to take their place?
I think i've seen him being compared with SF3's Q, and all I know about that guy is that he's supposed to punch really hard when not moving in a weird way - so I kinda wonder how the big boy's concept would work out.

A $5K or $10K tier for a stage would probably attract one or two people. Though, I have no idea if that's a reasonable thing for the crew to implement. It shouldn't need new music, being a fan stage and all, so just art, right?

New tiers don't have to mean successively higher. They can be in the same range, though some monocle-class tiers may or may not be a bad idea depending on what they can reasonably offer for them.

I'm just saying that we're approaching the halfway mark, and even after the doubling the premium reward tiers are almost all gobbled up.

Ravidrath

Does anyone know if you can "upgrade"/change pledge tiers on Indiegogo, or do I have to cancel & re-pledge to go up? I have a feeling that might flag with PayPal because that's totally how this bullshit works.

I'm trying to get a better answer on this, but if you make another contribution they should show up next to each other in the spreadsheet, and I can put two and two together.

New tiers don't have to mean successively higher. They can be in the same range, though some monocle-class tiers may or may not be a bad idea depending on what they can reasonably offer for them.

I'm just saying that we're approaching the halfway mark, and even after the doubling the premium reward tiers are almost all gobbled up.

For something like a stage, I think it warrants being excessively high. Alex loves his lore being consistent, so having a fan made stage that might be hard to fit into the lore could easily be seen as more trouble than it's worth. Plus there's actually having to draw it out, and working with whoever paid for it to get their feedback and anything else I'm not even aware of.

LegatoB

I'm trying to get a better answer on this, but if you make another contribution they should show up next to each other in the spreadsheet, and I can put two and two together.
That's what I'll do, then. Thanks!

e: Done, and left a private comment on the contrib to remind you. Good thing I decided not to go to Final Round this year...!

LiK

i'm new to this site. so if i wanna increase the amount, do i just send more money under my account?

Ravidrath

OK, here's the response I got from IndieGoGo...

If someone is looking to upgrade to a different tier, the easiest way would be for them to contact our Customer Happiness team at support@indiegogo.com - We can then refund them and they can recontribute. Please let me know if you have any more questions!​

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
It would be interesting to have numbers on how many people that bought the game are supporting this.

User retention can mean a huge deal, so if there were solid numbers that explained "people who bought Skullgirls loved it so much that 80% of people who bought the game pledged to crowdfunding" could go a long way towards securing more publisher money/marketing money later on.

In any case thanks a lot to anybody either contributing or spreading the word. Very exciting :)

Not interested in the game, i just want to see those mystery character designs. The characters i want to see are on the 3rd, 4th, and 5th, row so im not sure ill be able to see those.

i'm new to this site. so if i wanna increase the amount, do i just send more money under my account?

Eh, sort of. Unlike Kickstarter, there's no formal upgrading process, and payments (once the goal threshold is reached) is instant, so you'll probably be best sending an e-mail to the Lab Zero folks if you do that.

[Edit] Or what Ravidrath said.

It would be interesting to have numbers on how many people that bought the game are supporting this.

User retention can mean a huge deal, so if there were solid numbers that explained "people who bought Skullgirls loved it so much that 80% of people who bought the game pledged to crowdfunding" could go a long way towards securing more publisher money/marketing money later on.

In any case thanks a lot to anybody either contributing or spreading the word. Very exciting :)
I bought the 360 version day 1 but didn't play much of it because I was... pretty very bad at it. Also all my friends that said they would get it, didn't. :/

Still donated $30 to this. Great game and I'd love to see more, plus the entire crew is awesome, so why not?

I bought the 360 version day 1 but didn't play much of it because I was... pretty very bad at it. Also all my friends that said they would get it, didn't. :/

Still donated $30 to this. Great game and I'd love to see more, plus the entire crew is awesome, so why not?

Plus I'd wager that come Steam sale time, there will be a bunch of people on your Friends List that'll jump in.

Indeed, I'd imagine that Def Jam won't be able to stop payments from the Steam version of the game arriving at Lab Zero HQ, and so after their first big Steam sale they'll receive another large quantity of cash, probably more than $100k.

Ixian

Personally I bought the 360 game at launch but haven't played it much because I'm mostly a PC gamer (can't wait for the Steam version though!). Still though, I love the love these guys have for fighting games and their own product; empathy is a very powerful tool.

Ravidrath

Is there a larger version of the Mystery Chars chart?

The full image is like 7000x14000... so no.

I'm uploading bigger images of the characters to the media section, though, as they're revealed.

They're not that big, but we're trying to retain the scale, and... basically one of the characters means we need to do a lot of padding.

This is moving much much faster than I thought. Squigly might get funded in the next 36 hours at this rate. Mike and co must be very pleased.
She's a Vulcan Heel character.
Marin, TJ Maximum and now Sabine... Vulcan Heel is gonna be amazing.
Not interested in the game, i just want to see those mystery character designs. The characters i want to see are on the 3rd, 4th, and 5th, row so im not sure ill be able to see those.
I think they will supposedly be revealed if Squigly gets funded totally. I might have mistakenly read it wrong.
Damn, at over 90,000 now, and on day one no less...
Only nine hours into the campaign. It's very likely that Squigly will be completely funded before a day even passes.

SerRodrik

Not even twelve hours yet and it's already approaching 100,000. Very interested to see how far this goes.

C'mooon, Science Shark.

Threw in $58 since I'm in Japan land. I want to see this succeed like woh. You guys did some great work and got fucked by a situation completely out of your hands.

Let's make this happen.

bon

Wow over $10000 in less than a day. Squigly is in the bag at this rate.

I hope at least some of the stretch goals are met because Saxophone Guy looks pretty cool.

Already have this on the 360 but may as well pitch in 30 for the Steam version.

Incidentally @Ravidrath, were you guys ever looking into a release for the Wii U's eShop before the whole slew of layoffs happened?

Top Bottom