• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls DLC Crowdsourcing - Completed, $829,829 raised, 4+1 characters funded

isupported.png

I am going to marshal the UK FGC as best I can. :D

Dachande

I know I asked this before, but will you increase the number of $250 tier? Also, will we be charged now or after the fund is complete?

IndieGoGo differs from Kickstarter in that it charges backers as soon as the initial funding amount is reached, in order to allow the recipient(s) to begin work ASAP.

Just got back from classes and pitched in $5. Considering how much was made already and how it's still day 1, things are looking great for Squigly

Ravidrath

I know I asked this before, but will you increase the number of $250 tier? Also, will we be charged now or after the fund is complete?

Still waiting for everyone to get up before we raise any tiers - our concern is that we're going to end up spending more time making requests than the characters if we go too high.

And everyone will be charged when we reach the goal. After we reach the goal, additional charges will be immediate.

From having gone through the process, seems that we get charged now, and subsequently changing tier will be difficult at best. [Edit] Damn ninjas making me look wrong.

Incidentally, I've added twenty of Her Majesty's Finest Pounds Sterling into the pot for the PC beta/TF2 hat that I'll probably be able to resell in 12 months time at a profit tier. It's worth more than the American Buck because it's got a picture of a living person on it, and therefore is superior by default.

Krackatoa

Still waiting for everyone to get up before we raise any tiers - our concern is that we're going to end up spending more time making requests than the characters if we go too high.

And everyone will be charged when we reach the goal. After we reach the goal, additional charges will be immediate.

Yo Ravid, I tossed in 100 bones. I didn't realize I could get a Skype chat. Can I toss in $200 more and score that? It doesn't look like I can "Upgrade" a contribution.

NEO0MJ

I can see that happening. It looks like you would have gotten hundreds of stage NPCs!

Jobbs

Banned
I've always loved this game's art style and appreciated all the effort that went into it. It kinda fell off my radar, though. Is there a very active online community for this game, and does it see any tournament play?

I always want to support small studios who do good stuff with traditional animation.

if they get past 600K then yes she is....if she gets enough votes

Well you have Ms. Victoria (IIRC), Umbrella and her as "announced" characters who will be up for a vote.

Panzerfaust will win of course. Because the dude is exactly the character design that needs to be in the game.

NEO0MJ

I've always loved this game's art style and appreciated all the effort that went into it. It kinda fell off my radar, though. Is there a very active online community for this game, and does it see any tournament play?

I always want to support small studios who do good stuff with traditional animation.

Might not be as active as SF4 but the online community's there. Also, it's gonna show up at evo, though not as one of the 8 main games.

Thanks...I did, but I'm just looking for a way to fund the pc version without spending on unnecessary extra things.

I believe it's getting done no matter what the results from this are, so if you're only interested in getting the PC version then you don't HAVE to donate anything and could just buy it when it comes out, but it'd be appreciated of course.

Ravidrath

Apparently the japanese fanbase really really likes her goth-loli-ish design, Ravid mentioned in the community thread she's quite a contender over there.

Yeah, Cyberfront said they had numerous requests for more Marie art right after the game came out. She has a lot of fans, and they say they love her voice.

Kanji(Beowulf) looks pretty cool just going by the silhouette. That girl before Panzer with the huge sniper rifle looks boss too. Also, Aeon looks like Bridget no matter how I look at it. :p
I guess the question I have to ask is... whether or not that "time" is money in this case. If it doesn't hurt your pockets, but it pulls in more cash(Big Band+3rd character) then we probably wouldn't mind waiting a few more weeks for Squigly to be completed.

Yeah, Cyberfront said they had numerous requests for more Marie art right after the game came out. She has a lot of fans, and they say they love her voice.

Oh, she's one of the top candidates for sure. Out of curiosity, do you guys have any plans or ideas for how she would fight as a playable character? Obviously she'd have to play very different from her boss form, but her ability to summon the dead could have fun applications.

You know, I just realized one of my other favorite character(s) isn't in the list of silhouettes.. How saddening. No love for the triplets!

Krackatoa

Dan is my most used character though.

Same here. The thing is, I would enjoy Dan's half-buttcheek moveset just as much if he was actually good. A lot of joke moves that are secretly useful when looked at closely work just as well as an actually bad character.

shaowebb

Wow those backer slots are gonna have to be heavily expanded at this rate for some of those rewards. Its looking like we might see some stretch goals at the rate this is blowing up!

GO SKULLGIRLS GO!

Loona

The whole "character cameo in a stage" thing - do we know anything about the stage in question?
Is it supposed to be in a new or existing stage?
For whomever goes for that, it might help to know so that they'll match well.

Top Bottom