• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Smash Wii U/3DS: 3 Character Slots & 3 Stage Slots Found in Recent Patch Data (1.1.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalvaPot

Absolutely fucking disgusted that I see Neoxon, on multiple occasions, state that Wolf is "the only potential returning character without legal/gameplay issues (except Squirtle and Ivysaur)"

PICHU MOTHERFUCKERS

HE WILL RETURN

1880504-pichu_gizamimi_2.png

edit: also remove Dedenne from the pokeballs and make him a full fledged character please daddy sakurai all over my face

Dedenne to be a recolor for Pichu, THERE ITS FREE TAKE IT SAKURAI, 2 CHARACTERS IN ONE.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Ryu has historical relevance since SFII was the best selling SNES third party game. Snake has had Nintendo games, but none of them were very significant
The existencepf Snake's Revenge is the only reason Metal Gear 2 and further even exi--why am I getting into this meritocracy discussion

For what it's worth Nintendo have very deliberately avoided calling it a reboot, but a "reimagining". Depending on how seriously you take that it could mean that it's just a one-off experiment and they'll still continue the regular series.

In my humble daily opinion the reason is that "reboot" is, in this specific case, a less accurate term, based on what we've seen right now. "Reboot" means ignoring whatever was there previously in the series. "Reimagining" is close enough to remake but with less "respect" towards original, which doesn't necessarily imply an outright reboot - or the lack of one.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Wow, that sounds impressive. But not in a good way.

I know nothing about Star Fox, so i'd rather ask the experts here: was another reboot really needed?
As a Starfox fan for a long time, no the reboot wasent needed, they already said Starfox command isn't canon, not that it can be as there's no true ending, people liked both assault and adventures but they were overshadowed by people claiming they were the worse games ever made (they werent) and most criticism of Krystal really just boils down to she makes then feel funny or just hate for no reason than just hate or bandwagoning

Vidiot

I don't even care what characters are coming. Just give me more! The roster is so great that a hypothetical smash 5 is going to be a hard sell. I think we've hit the ceiling when it comes to characters.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Where were you when Agumon was confirmed for Super Smash Bros!?

A tamagotchi is more likely than a digimon seeing as it's the original (they are both made by Bandai Namco). Mametchi (the design below) even appeared in Mario Kart GP2.

Vv1aDy0.png

Socivol

I really wish they added additional Pokeballs and Assist Trophies. I don't know why but the Pokemon variety seems to be lacking in this game.

rhandino

Banned
Layton? Please, we all know who is the representative that L5 + Nintendo will use to practically print money in Japan...

m7oRW4o.png

I'm more upset that trios are incomplete

Entei and Suicune, but no Raikou?

Moltres, but no Zapdos and Articuno?

Palkia and Giratina, but no Dialga?

I'm anal about these things

Many of Sakurai's design choices for this game were really off, between the incomplete Pokeball roster, Palutena's generic default moveset, the lack of DK representation concerning music and Assist Trophies, the terrible idea of ROSTER PARITY which kept the completed Ice Climbers out of the game, the wonderful Fan item being dropped and the Drill Arm being marked as part of the Smash series, as well as many other little inconsistencies. Really wish he would fix some of these issues in the updates.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I really wish they added additional Pokeballs and Assist Trophies. I don't know why but the Pokemon variety seems to be lacking in this game.

I wish that they didn't get rid of Manaphy.

Yeah, but it seems a bit too on-the-nose to be an actual hint. Then again, the Zangief hints were too on-the-nose, & look how that turned out.

For anyone who's curious, this is the tweet that superNESjoe is referring to.

It look pretty good. It would be amazing if we are going to get some Nintendo characters in Shovel Knight-ish art style.

tumblr_nvlwglfeto1sj97b2o1_1280.png

Still not keen on SK being in, but I'll admit that's a pretty cool poster.

Personally though, I think Palutena should be where Shield Knight is at on the original poster (behind SK, where Peach currently is). :p

Jaeger

Honestly if I had my way;

Wolf
Snake
Ridley
K. Rool

Alt. Skins for Ryu (Akuma, Ken, Dan) + moves
Moves for Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy

More custom stage options.

I'd be fine with four characters, but I'd want to see a bunch of alt. characters before all's said and done.

Wolf
King K. Rool
Tap Girl
Shovel Knight

At that point, I think the only truly missing vets are Ice Climbers and Snake, both of which have their reasons for being missing.

And then for alts,

Daisy
Shadow Mario
Mr. L
Dry Bowser
Funky Kong
Dr. Wario
Boshi
Dark Link
Hilda
Galacta Knight
Eliwood
Paula
Metal Sonic
Proto Man
Ms. Pac-Man
Ken
Black Knight (if Shovel Knight is playable)

Would all be quite rad. Too bad that instead of any one of these, we just got nothing. :(

As for Bomberman, I could see it happening. Nintendo's already made a deal w/ Konami to do something with one of their games, IIRC.

Hello.

Banned
I really don't think Shovel Knight deserves to be in Smash Bros. at all. No history with Nintendo, no significance with Nintendo, no support overseas at all, generic indie character on many platforms, and subjectively silly as a fighter to put in with the rest of the All-Stars. I don't understand the appeal of this character in any light.

EhoaVash

I don't get why shovel knight deserves a spot. He's way too new / also not a video game icon. Maybe he can be in smash 5 just like the inklings.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
A tamagotchi is more likely than a digimon seeing as it's the original (they are both made by Bandai Namco). Mametchi (the design below) even appeared in Mario Kart GP2.

Vv1aDy0.png

thanks for reminding me that their anime is now over :(

lol you guys are putting way more thought and effort into Star Fox's canon than Nintendo does.

as it should be, it's one of those games that actually has that yet Miyamoto thinks it could fit the "they're all actors" shit, it's one of the franchises Miyamoto started that I am outright stating that his view on it is wrong and wasted.

pichu is as different from pikachu as wolf is from fox

wat

hell no lol

JacoTheDex

Neo Member
Absolutely fucking disgusted that I see Neoxon, on multiple occasions, state that Wolf is "the only potential returning character without legal/gameplay issues (except Squirtle and Ivysaur)"

PICHU MOTHERFUCKERS

HE WILL RETURN

edit: also remove Dedenne from the pokeballs and make him a full fledged character please daddy sakurai all over my face

Just for kicks Sakurai should bring him back and give him the most hilariously overpowered Final Smash in the game
and also does 25% damage to itself.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
I'm just curious, why do so many people want Pichu to return so badly? Wasn't he not all that great in Melee, and don't we have enough Pokemon already? I'm not intentionally stirring up shit but I genuinely want to know

Why not have a new character more deserving instead?

Hatchtag

Banned
[QUOTE="D";180595590]I'm just curious, why do so many people want Pichu to return so badly? Wasn't he not all that great in Melee, and don't we have enough Pokemon already? I'm not intentionally stirring up shit but I genuinely want to know

Why not have a new character more deserving instead?[/QUOTE]

He's low effort. He's a clone. It seems like an easy way for them to make a little extra dough.
Like, I doubt anyone wants Pichu in over Wolf or a newcomer. But Pichu wouldn't get in over Wolf or a newcomer. He'd get in because he'd likely be an easily-made clone.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
[QUOTE="D";180595590]I'm just curious, why do so many people want Pichu to return so badly?[/QUOTE]

Extremely awful taste that's why.

Crayolan

PICHU MOTHERFUCKERS

HE WILL RETURN

I don't want Pichu,but I wouldn't be too upset if he returned solely for the reactions.

He's better than a lot of suggestions in this thread IMO.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
He's low effort. He's a clone. It seems like an easy way for them to make a little extra dough.
Like, I doubt anyone wants Pichu in over Wolf or a newcomer. But Pichu wouldn't get in over Wolf or a newcomer. He'd get in because he'd likely be an easily-made clone.

I think there are more deserving characters OR franchises that need more representation. If I had my way, I'd put in:

- K. Rool (obvious, he should have been a shoe in a long time ago)
- someone from Earthbound/Mother...Poo? Jeff? Kumatora? Paula?
- Someone from Metroid...maybe Ridley/Dark Samus/one of the Hunters
- Black Shadow from F-Zero (he could be a grappler/wrestler since we don't have anyone like that in the game, could be a nice new dynamic)
- Isaac
- Wolf (completely new moveset/Final Smash)
- Ice Climbers
- King Hippo (dunno how he'd work but Sakurai is creative enough to think of something)

**wishful thinking**
- Castlevania rep (Simon or Richter)
- Captain N complete with Zapper

Hatchtag

Banned
[QUOTE="D";180596384]I think there are more deserving characters OR franchises that need more representation. If I had my way, I'd put in:

- K. Rool (obvious, he should have been a shoe in a long time ago)
- someone from Earthbound/Mother...Poo? Jeff? Kumatora? Paula?
- Someone from Metroid...maybe Ridley/Dark Samus/one of the Hunters
- Black Shadow from F-Zero (he could be a grappler/wrestler since we don't have anyone like that in the game, could be a nice new dynamic)
- Isaac
- Wolf (completely new moveset/Final Smash)
- Ice Climbers
- King Hippo (dunno how he'd work but Sakurai is creative enough to think of something)

**wishful thinking**
- Castlevania rep (Simon or Richter)
- Captain N complete with Zapper[/QUOTE]

There's definitely much, much better choices for a character. But there aren't many better choices for characters that can be made incredibly quickly mostly using assets developed for another character.

Toad.T

Banned
Everyone's suggesting various Rhythm Heaven reps, why not these two?:

latest

Lots of potential for wrestling moves for the specials and smashes/tilts + using the mic as a grappling hook + set ups where the interviewer builds a ring corner to have the wrestler head-butt against and repel backwards.

ash_ag

PICHU MOTHERFUCKERS

HE WILL RETURN

The reason Smash 4 isn't ready for Pichu is because it can't support paired fighters. Better save it for Smash for NX. Having it return just because it's a veteran isn't a good-enough reason, but if they reworked its mechanics to be Ice Climbers-like, it would make a unique addition and an unprecedented kind of "clone".

Incidentally, I'm open to Pichu just for the awesome alts it could get:
- Normal Pichu
- Spikey-hair Pichu
- Pikachu-colored Pichu
- Spikey-eared Pichu
- Ukulele Pichu

Pichu Bros. (Normal + Spikey-hair) and HGSS Pichu (Pikachu-coloured + Spikey-eared) if they come in pairs. Could even throw in Plusle + Minun while at it! :D

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If Snake isn't one of the three newbies I hope they delete Sonic and use that roster spot instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom