• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Target shipped someone an Xbox One already? [Update: console-banned until launch]

Phreaker

I was thinking the same? How is he taking these screencaps? Or was this covered already.

He's got some hardware capture stuff I think. He does game related youtube videos. If you look back on his tweets he tweets like every 2 min, even before all this Xbox One stuff.

Yondy604

Banned
1360549114983.gif

Respect

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Man, someone gets it early, is covering every nook and cranny, churning out direct feed captures and video.

Truely the gaming gods have smiled upon us tonight.

I feel so happy now i love this guy and the fact he knows what he's doing and showing and what we'd want to see is amazing :) hope he tries the twitch thing

xray49er

I can't believe i spent my Friday refreshing this page every 30 seconds. 21yr old me would of Punched me in the face. Now 36 yr old married father of 2. This one of the best Fridays i have had in a while

Man, this sure beats footage from a shaky cell phone (portrait mode) in the backstreets of Manila to get our first glimpse of a console. New gen off to a good start.

Lunzio

Confirmed. He absolutely loves the xbox one. I can fall asleep soundly knowing I made the right choice to start the next gen.

I honestly think everyone will be completely happy with their purchases here. This is a mixture of next-gen excitement, genuine quality in the consoles, and the fact that we're spending so much money on these damn things.

Yondy604

Banned
Knowing microsoft, they will ban this guy by launch.

Sony will then give him free ps4, huge press for ps4, and huge loss for microsoft.

So no reports of terrible crashing and snapping madness yet? Perhaps the insiders were incorrect/going off old information and there's nothing to worry about!

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
So no reports of terrible crashing and snapping madness yet? Perhaps the insiders were incorrect/going off old information and there's nothing to worry about!

Well he's not playing online yet. Mort's leaks were more about online stuff like party chat and game connection errors.

No game lag when snapped. Nice!

EDIT: And saves states seem to be working properly. Getting so excited...

No game lag when using snap is due to display planes. They separate system rendering from game rendering.

http://www.vgleaks.com/durango-display-planes/

The system reserves the top display plane for itself, which effectively decouples system rendering from title rendering. This decoupling removes certain output constraints that exist on the Xbox 360. For example, on Durango the system can update at a steady frame rate even when the title does not.

There's 3 display planes and the OS reserves one of those three.

Top Bottom