• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Target shipped someone an Xbox One already? [Update: console-banned until launch]

Cartman86

Banned
I figured it was the case, but IGN was wrong in saying that you couldn't do instant switch with disc titles.

whats the name of the = button and square in a square button?

Menu for the =. Unsure about the back button replacement.

EDIT: According to IGN's wiki

Menu: "The Menu button (on the right) will bring up context-specific menus which game and app developers can design to enhance the user experience. The Menu button could be used in scenarios such as bringing up in-game menus, showing video playback options, and accessing commands on the console’s user interface."

View: The View button "will change views or provide more information in games and apps. The function of the View button will be driven by developers. Possible uses of the View button include viewing a map during a role playing game, displaying a leaderboard in a first person shooter, and enhancing the navigation of the console's user interface."

Hawk269

So no reports of terrible crashing and snapping madness yet? Perhaps the insiders were incorrect/going off old information and there's nothing to worry about!

Yeah, I imagine there are a lot of Gaf users that were expecting the system to explode upon receiving the update or initiating the snap feature. So much for all the hate on the ui being a disaster and snap crashing the system left and right.

Also agree with some of you that I should be in bed since I go into work early, but no, I am here refreshing the page every few minutes.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
David Murnane ‏@DavidM1021 2m

@ElWeaponSecreto So how do you put it in Low Power mode, or Standby?

#2 Source 4 XBOX ONE ‏@ElWeaponSecreto 55s

@DavidM1021 not sure.

Robert Yuski ‏@xXryuskiXx 40s

@ElWeaponSecreto @DavidM1021 try xbox sleep?

Hehe I hope he's shouting random things into Kinect.

Eric WK

screenshot2013-11-0907rjsu.png

Banderas.gif

Early Xbox One and he can time travel to months n the future when Microsoft has finally fixed the UI?!

Hawk269

Could this be a MS publicity stunt? This guy is covering it all.

If it was, the guy would not be thanking a retailer like that. It would of been something like he got it from a mom & pop store. If this was a planned attempt, they would of not allowed him to use a National retailer for his good fortune.

Kibbles

I knew I shouldnt've preordered from Amazon damnittttt lol. Though I didn't think Target would break street date either... >_>

Justin

Only from NeoGAF

"@ElWeaponSecreto Can you, for the gaming world confirm or deny that the OS is a mess or not." #NEOGAF

rjinaz

He's not doing it out of the goodness of his heart. This gets him views on his YT channel and followers on twitter. People are craving this info right now and he's the only one who has it.

I think it probably more has to do with excitement and attention than any of that. Plus yeah, he does all this stuff in his own personal time anyway so it's second nature to him no doubt.

Cartman86

Banned
When I tried turning it off before to see how fast it turned on, it didn't fully turn off, maybe pressing the button puts it into sleep.

lol I wondered if that was what he was doing. I wonder if the low power thing is a voice thing? 17 seconds seems like a long time to wake up from a low power state.

David Murnane ‏@DavidM1021 2m

@ElWeaponSecreto So how do you put it in Low Power mode, or Standby?

#2 Source 4 XBOX ONE ‏@ElWeaponSecreto 55s

@DavidM1021 not sure.

Robert Yuski ‏@xXryuskiXx 40s

@ElWeaponSecreto @DavidM1021 try xbox sleep?
Maybe....read the manual?

0xCA2

#2 Source 4 XBOX ONE ‏@ElWeaponSecreto 1m
And now sound options, HDMI: Stereo uncompressed, 5.1 uncompressed, 7.1 uncompressed, DTS digital surround, Optical: StereoUnCom DTS Digital

I think it probably more has to do with excitement and attention than any of that. Plus yeah, he does all this stuff in his own personal time anyway so it's second nature to him no doubt.

Yeah that too, but views equal $ on YT and this could exponentially multiply his fanbase. If it was me though, I'd be on GAF and uploading vids too, not for money, so you're right.

Top Bottom