• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So Target shipped someone an Xbox One already? [Update: console-banned until launch]

Steel

Banned
So...no Xbox Live crashes and so? Everything runs just fine with Xbox Live and snapping etc? So all the dooms-day talk about the Xbox Live didnt work a couple of weeks ago and crashed is no more?

He's not doing multiplayer, but snap seemed to work on his end.

The Flash

Banned
This thread. Seriously.

antonio-banderas-gif-52bbd904-original.gif

Someone get this guy a Gaf account.

Cartman86

Banned
can anyone read what the options are on the left?

47f26e9a972e75e8b4b0e7da8a482314.png

1. ?
2. Sign-in, Security, and ?
3. Privacy and online Safety?
4. Payment and Billing
5. ?
6. My Home ???

Cartman86

Banned
After about 20 minutes of doing other things I needed to load back into Ghosts.

Hmmmm...

I feel like we aren't going to know the deal on this instant switch with digital versus disc till we actually get our hands on it.

Beant

This one guy has made me more excited for this box in like 2 hours than the entirety of Microsoft has in the past 6 months. Thank you mysterious youtube man.

reKon

Banned
that would be incredible if all of this was planned and done on purpose as a stunt to show off that everything works great, lol... I mean how is the only guy who got the Xbox One early who happens to have a whole YouTube channel of video related to gaming? They have the update ready on the servers in advance as well.

Anyways, I wish that he tested a game other than Ghost, damn...

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Now he's saying there was a 20 minute limit on using apps before he was forced back into COD?

That can't be right. That doesn't make any sense...

Justin

Now he's saying there was a 20 minute limit on using apps before he was forced back into COD?

No he is saying that it didnt immediately pop up like it did before. There was a load that happened before it opened back up.

Cartman86

Banned

Yeah completely counter to what everyone was saying in the press this morning. Defeats the purpose of the virtual machines and giving dedicated resources to games.

mishakoz

Microsoft,

Please don't remote detonate this guys console, because I know you can. He's actually alleviating some fears that your shitty PR team couldn't.

Yours,

Me.

Timu

Code:
After all this time, the console is a bit warm, but not hot at all. Still silent, really good sign

Wow, great to hear this.

Cartman86

Banned
maybe he had too many open. There has to be a limit.

Microsoft this morning said there is a limit. It's a memory one so it depends on the apps. The numbers they gave ranged from 4-10. Once you hit that limit the oldest would close just like a phone. This however did not include games as those are supposed to be indefinite.

Yondy604

Banned
So lets see, people payed 100k + with 50 people on PR staff for microsoft. Yet this ONE guy who is a GAMER has done a better job marketing their system in 4 hours.

WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU MICROSOFT?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
@Moonlightswami so stopping game to play a movie is a no go for longer than 20 minutes?

#1 Source 4 XBOX ONE ‏@Moonlightswami 36s

@justinpage12 unless u snap it, probably.

I am seriously confused here.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(

Is it an app demo limit? did he switch accidently or was the game waking up from the background because of an event?

Also, did MS say you can have multiple games suspended or just one at a time? Is there a difference between running in the background and suspend even?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I highly doubt it's a time limit, he's probably going in and out of a ton of apps which will boot some out eventually.

Is it an app demo limit? did he switch accidently or was the game waking up from the background because of an event?

Also, did MS say you can have multiple games suspended or just one at a time? Is there a difference between running in the background and suspend even?

They definitely said you can run multiple games at the same time. The example was you start up a MP game and while you wait for it to find you a match you switch over and play a sp game.

Top Bottom