• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So, who's buying Mad Max next week?

They have two teams. One worked on this, the other JC

I figured they might have had two teams but still that is alot to manage. My hat is off to them. I've always been an admirer or companies who successfully manage big tasks (which is why I've just about completed a Bachelor's in Business Administration). All I know of this game was that it was unclear if that one God of War guy worked on the project as he was thought to have been working on a Mad Max game somewhere.

I caved and bought both!
5vW2x0U.png

congrats

All I'm waiting on is reviews now. If it sits in the solid category of 7-7.5s, I'll be happy since I can get it for $40 with BestBuy GCU/Rewards :)

Z_Y

Pre-ordered and pre-loading. I had some Sony rewards building up for awhile so I'm only $2.50ish out of pocket. I'll pick up TPP if/when I ever finish MGS2-4. They are cornerstones of my backlog of shame.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I tell you what. I would rather have funny physics glitches than have this happen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk7aykiHDn8

Falling through the world in MGSV and having your game save. Even the 'perfect' 10/10 games are really... not so perfect.

Just watched this a second time as I was showing a friend. And had to say this -

Snake somehow someway found Max's "the plains of silence". LMFAO!!!

I have absolutely zero hype for this game. Nothing against the game, I just don't really care for whatever reason.
I'm sure I'll pick it up for $10 sometime in the future though.

Sephzilla

I just bought the Fury Road OST just so I can listen to it while playing the game

YOIcIB2.gif

Actually my hardest choice on Tuesday will be whether to play Mad Max or watch Fury Road

Simo

Bah! I wish early players would mess more with the Capture mode. Really curious about how the 2 player camera works.

I told a friend about it and it's not one of his most anticipated features in the game because he loves making trailers out of his PS4 games. lol

PARANO1A

Just checked their site and it's 10€ cheaper than what GMG is offering.
Are their keys global? Wondering if I could buy a key from them (EU).

I'm still waiting for early reviews though :p
Not sure. They already sent my key for reference and it worked from Australia. They're UK based, used to get lots of cheap PAL games for consoles.

Definity

Bah! I wish early players would mess more with the Capture mode. Really curious about how the 2 player camera works.

I told a friend about it and it's not one of his most anticipated features in the game because he loves making trailers out of his PS4 games. lol
If I get a chance I will share some screen shots that will show you a bit more tomorrow on how it works. I had to force myself to stop playing tonight. Played an unhealthy amount today.

Simo

If I get a chance I will share some screen shots that will show you a bit more tomorrow on how it works. I had to force myself to stop playing tonight. Played an unhealthy amount today.

Nice! Thank you! I should have the OT up tomorrow since the rule is 1 day before release.

Question though, is there currency other than scrap to upgrade Max even with Griffa? I forgot if you get tokens or anything...lol

I watched about an hour and a half of someone playing it on the PS4 via Playstation Live. Looks solid. Only thing I'm not sure about is I didn't see any huge vehicles, nor the swinging pole stuff -- I hope that's in there. =/

Nice! Thank you! I should have the OT up tomorrow since the rule is 1 day before release.

Question though, is there currency other than scrap to upgrade Max even with Griffa? I forgot if you get tokens or anything...lol

But if it unlocks tomorrow afternoon that's less than 24 hours. Besides, MGSV OT is up.

You use Griffa Tokens to upgrade Max when he can visit Griffa...scrap is used for other upgrades for him, the car, and stronghold expansion...other parts of the strongholds require certain project parts to build

Simo

But if it unlocks tomorrow afternoon that's less than 24 hours. Besides, MGSV OT is up.

Well I guess i better get working then...

You use Griffa Tokens to upgrade Max when he can visit Griffa...scrap is used for other upgrades for him, the car, and stronghold expansion...other parts of the strongholds require certain project parts to build

Cool thank you! i remember the Avalanche stream they used something with Griffa but couldn't remember what.

i'm highly tempted by this game.

money isn't really the issue for me [not that i'm rich], i'm just self employed and barely have more than 15 minute intervals to actually devote to a game.

which is why MGSV is even a difficult decision for me...

ah, who am i kidding, i'll buy both and throw them on the backlog, gotta support cool projects amiright?

KingV

I'm thinking this one is gonna be mediocre to good, but not great, mostly because of the huge prerelease discounts and the lack of prerelease reviews.

Shadow of Mordor came out around the same time last year, and WB was eager to get reviews out the week before.

Since we aren't seeing the same here, I'm definitely waiting on reviews

Haeleos

With how burned I felt by WB after Arkham Knight and Mortal Kombat X on PC, I'm waiting for a price drop on this one.

kevin1025

Banned
Maybe you should have waited for more reviews to come out, rather than two random blog sites.

They both read like both reviewers never finished the game, too. The ThisGenGaming one sort of reads like he watched video of it and reviewed that, never commenting on anything other than what's been shown in videos and streams. Plus both mention the release date as being the same as Metal Gear, which is strange to see in a review.

Wait for more legitimate reviews before casting down disappointment, everyone! The embargo is still nearly a day out.

They both read like both reviewers never finished the game, too. The ThisGenGaming one sort of reads like he watched video of it and reviewed that, never commenting on anything other than what's been shown in videos and streams. Plus both mention the release date as being the same as Metal Gear, which is strange to see in a review.

Wait for more legitimate reviews before casting down disappointment, everyone! The embargo is still nearly a day out.

I don't see how Metal Gear should influence a review of a wholly unrelated game.

kevin1025

Banned
I don't see how Metal Gear should influence a review of a wholly unrelated game.

Yeah, it's a strange inclusion. That's why I get the feeling these reviews were written for exposure rather than criticism and review purposes, mentioning a game's release date is not a great way to gain reader's confidence.

Either way, we are close to the game releasing, which is good news!

Top Bottom