• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic Forces lets you create your own character [Update: Trailer]

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point I'm not sure how a 3D Sonic game would work. They never nailed it the way Mario did. I guess the focus on speed is harder to translate from 2D to 3D but still, they need to just scrap everything they've ever done and try something completely different. This appears to be another lousy entry based on all the footage so far.
Do these Sonic games usually sell well even though they are critically panned?

sanstesy

that gameplay is sonic in its purest form

music

sound effects

grafix

comin together to create a beatiful piece of gaming history

I'm still laughing about this.
The Sonic hardcore fan base is about to become a whole lot better or worse.

Still I can't say I'm not impressed. This could actually be a reason for me to buy the game, if only for it's memetastic potential.

MrHoot

1494947992735.png

Fucking love you A-aron

Wow, totally unexpected... and... it... looks... cool?

Seriously, the customization seems pretty nice, lots of stuff, can't wait to create a cool wolf. Geraltail the Wolf.

But yeah, I think we will have some... strange things.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
We've run into the same problem as the early 3D Sonic games though...it's a Sonic the Hedgehog game...why would I want to play as anyone but Sonic?

It's almost impressive how they just don't "get it". This game looks brutal.

It's incredible that Mania managed to exist relatively unscathed. That said, the game isn't out yet, so there's still a chance we find out it's actually a clicker.

Mania looks to be the game to get. Just watch Sega somehow botch it.

Revven

Uhm, wow. I was not expecting this. I mean, character creators in general are cool but... everyone is just going to make jokes and laugh based on the OC fandom that Sonic generally has...

The species you can choose from are interesting kinda disappointed you can't pick a Fox or an Echidna though... But the Wolf should be cool. I bet everyone and their mom is going to pick Hedgehog though and just make their "OC do not steal".

We've run into the same problem as the early 3D Sonic games though...it's a Sonic the Hedgehog game...why would I want to play as anyone but Sonic?

Use the character creator to make Sonic, problem solved!

I do agree that Sonic has too many shitty friends, but I don't think this is a more valid criticism than 'why would I want to play as anyone other than Mario." Alternate characters have been part of the series since Sonic 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom