• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: 1 in 5 PS4s sold since Pro's release are PS4 Pros

I'd like one, but way too afraid of getting a loud one and having to go through the hassle of returns etc. My og Ps4 was hideous and the slim I have is super quiet, I don't want to rock that boat. If they were to refresh the pro as a slimmer quiet thing if possible, or viable in a time frame before the Ps5 comes along then I'd go for it.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Reading the responses in this thread, some people definitely live on that classic Adam Savage quote,

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Those people being those who think this is a poor result for Sony and they aren't happy with it.

Completely agree.

Z3M0G

If / When my current PS4 dies, I'll buy one. Otherwise, nope. Hopefully there will be a sharp price drop before that ever happens.

(likely won't due to how little the disk drive is used)

Tyguy

Banned
I bought a ps4 slim in February when the ps4 pro was already out. It came with Uncharted 4, which was the main reason I wanted the console. Also, I don't have a 4k set at the moment. I'll be waiting until they come out with a free-sync 4k hdr oled television one of these years.

I currently sit 9 feet away from a 50 inch 1080 p screen. I would need an 80 inch screen at 4k from the distance I sit to see a noticeable difference in resolution.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
This is perfectly in line with Japan, going by YTD. I think it was a little lower (less than 20% Pro) last year.

Get this logic out of here, gotta keep the failure theme going.

At this point I would say they are more happy about the PS4 Pro than PSVR. And thats probably doing better than expected for them too.

rambis

Banned
ITT people show their blatant lack of business sense.

1stly no way in the hell was Pro ever meant to replace the PS4 at this point in its lifecycle. The PS4 slim is likely their highest margin product by far and above all they would much rather sell those.

2ndly its 1 out of 5 with "extreme" supply constraints. You cannot separate those factors. The PS4P's demand is a bit better than Sony envisioned it would which is mostly positive outside of the loss of sales they could've had.

How this is being spun as failure is beyond me.

zewone

I currently sit 9 feet away from a 50 inch 1080 p screen. I would need an 80 inch screen at 4k from the distance I sit to see a noticeable difference in resolution.

This is some weird myth. I can tell a huge difference from 4K at roughly 9 feet vs 1080p content.

Top Bottom