• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony announces partnership w/ KojiPro, New IP, 1st game "console exclusive to PS4"/PC

PJFJosh

what's more surprising to me is that psnation got there scoop right

though the whole publishing and ip thing isn't a confirmed thing yet

It shouldn't be surprising. We don't really post rumors and click-bait stuff, it's not our thing. If we post something like this it's because we have credible sources and the information is about to come out anyway.

Carl

Cannot unsee the damn chicken
1450251601436.png

Well that's ruined the logo for me forever, thanks

J-Rzez

Not surprising considering their history, that Sony throws money at risky IPs, and that they're both based in Japan.

Wonder how many tech resources Sony will support him with considering he has nothing unless he goes with a prebaked license engine like your unreals.

Good news though for Sony that's for sure. And better news for Kojima getting a quick cash/tech start up infusion. PC gets some love indirectly as well.

OBias

If Sony have agreed to publish this on the PC too I bet this is some kind of sprawling online warfare..., thing.

While, of course, it won't be Kojima's "when you die in the game you have to buy a new copy of the game" idea I can see it being heavily influenced by that 'mortal' thinking.

Something MGS esque but on the scale of Battlefield or even Planetside with 'dat Kojima touch' across the PS4 and PC platforms could be really exciting.
SOE was sold by Sony to another company, Planetside 2 doesn't belong to Sony anymore as well.

It's not anti-console salt, it's anti-exclusive salt and I sympathize. I very much agree with his point that locking a game down to one or two platforms shouldn't be a cause for celebration even if you do own said platforms. Today you're happy because your favorite platform "won", tomorrow you'll be sad that you won't be able to play a game that you're interested in without spending hundreds of dollars on yet another gaming device.

More or less.
I own a PS4 and an XOne and a PC.
I'll play it on PS4... But I'd prefer to play on Xbox if it was available there. Especially if it's multiplayer, that's where all my friends game, that's where the majority of my achievements are, that's also on the same input as the TV I still watch.

Glad for Kojima.
Will play his next game regardless of platform.
Feel bad for Phil Spenser.

Can we lay off the port begging for a game that doesn't exist yet?
Guys seriously, this is just the first title, let the man get his feet wet. If you look at Kojima's biggest games, they are ALL tied very much with Playstation consoles. This game also includes PC, really, there shouldn't be any salt at this point, it was discussed by many GaF members here as a likely fit for him after leaving Konami. Let's celebrate people! Best morning news ever, and the year of Dreams continue!

Navid

Glad to hear that Kojima's next title will be a big budget game rather than something smaller or kickstarter based...

Raylan

Banned
Well that was somewhat informative. Smells like it's just a marketing deal between kojpro and sony. "SCE is not investing in Kojima Productions. Cost of the contract is undisclosed. Cost is already incorporated. Impact is minimal."
?
Sony is not investing in From Software. The Bloodborne IP still belongs / is owned by Sony.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I love PlayStation, but even I think they are getting a bit arrogant with this video announcement. Shu's tweet is also a good example.
Ironic since the announcement was mellow and professional.

Huge for the PlayStation fanbase.

All the stupid fanboy or consoke wars comments were hard to sift through but ignorance and childish emotion isn't worth the quotes.

Great day for gaming as this is the best fit on the most successful platform.

PS4 is the closest thing we've had to the PS2.

LifEndz

How many of those people can there be though? I'm sure there are some, but Kojima has always been more associated with Sony, aside from the occasional press conference appearance.

Lol, I almost added that very thought to my post, but thought better of it. There appear to be a few here that are upset, but by and large, I think his fanbase is primarily on PS4.

Rising_Hei

I just hope they give him proper spotlight at E3 and other confereces, he deserves it

So much salt in this thread even tho it is confirmed that it's coming to PC too, deal with it Xbone owners, Xbox One isn't the console for japanese games.

Exodust

Banned
Here's hoping it's a spiritual successor to Snatcher. Would love a modern cyberpunk detective game.

*copy/pasted from the other thread*

Top Bottom