• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spider-Man 2 will have Ray tracing in 30fps, 40fps, and 60fps

sendit

If Spider-Man failed to web sling and landed on the ground from a 50-story building, the outcome would likely be catastrophic. In the fictional world of Spider-Man, his web-shooters and spider-sense are integral to his ability to navigate and survive such falls. Here's what might happen in a realistic scenario:
  1. Impact: Falling from such a height would result in a tremendous impact force when Spider-Man hits the ground. This force could cause multiple severe injuries, including broken bones, internal organ damage, and potentially fatal trauma.
  2. Death: In real life, a fall from the height of a 50-story building is almost always lethal. Even if Spider-Man possesses some superhuman resilience, it's doubtful that he could completely survive such a fall without his web-slinging abilities.
  3. Property Damage: The impact of Spider-Man hitting the ground would also likely cause significant property damage to the area where he lands.
It's important to remember that Spider-Man's abilities are fictional and don't adhere to the laws of physics as we understand them. In the comics and movies, he uses his web-shooters to swing through the city and slow his falls, and his spider-sense helps him avoid dangerous situations. Without these abilities, a fall from a 50-story building would almost certainly result in a tragic outcome.

Pelao

If Spider-Man failed to web sling and landed on the ground from a 50-story building, the outcome would likely be catastrophic. In the fictional world of Spider-Man, his web-shooters and spider-sense are integral to his ability to navigate and survive such falls. Here's what might happen in a realistic scenario:
  1. Impact: Falling from such a height would result in a tremendous impact force when Spider-Man hits the ground. This force could cause multiple severe injuries, including broken bones, internal organ damage, and potentially fatal trauma.
  2. Death: In real life, a fall from the height of a 50-story building is almost always lethal. Even if Spider-Man possesses some superhuman resilience, it's doubtful that he could completely survive such a fall without his web-slinging abilities.
  3. Property Damage: The impact of Spider-Man hitting the ground would also likely cause significant property damage to the area where he lands.
It's important to remember that Spider-Man's abilities are fictional and don't adhere to the laws of physics as we understand them. In the comics and movies, he uses his web-shooters to swing through the city and slow his falls, and his spider-sense helps him avoid dangerous situations. Without these abilities, a fall from a 50-story building would almost certainly result in a tragic outcome.

That feeling when I use Chat GPT often enough in my daily life that I immediately identify when something was written by it.

They haven't shown longform video but when they showed the Showcase game play (which was 30 FPS) DF counted it around 1440p which will be up-scaled to 4K via Insomniac's TAA Injection method.
Figured it would be scaled up and less than 4K native. Don't think either of these are powerful enough to pull 4k60 natively with such visuals and load times.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Day/night cycle hasn't made it. Wonder if it's a technical limitation still or -- as Insomniac say -- it's purely creative.

Will probs show up in a heavily retooled spidey 3 near the end of the gen or spidey 4 on PS6 and will no longer be a "creative decision".

Dynamic day/night means you need fully dynamic lighting, which typically looks a lot worse unless you can use RT for it, which is very expensive. Baked lighting is a lot cheaper while it can look very good, it just can't change dynamically.

I guess there might also be a creative aspect to it (they want certain things to happen at certain times of day etc), but I'm pretty sure it's mostly a technically limitation.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Day/night cycle hasn't made it. Wonder if it's a technical limitation still or -- as Insomniac say -- it's purely creative.

Will probs show up in a heavily retooled spidey 3 near the end of the gen or spidey 4 on PS6 and will no longer be a "creative decision".

Because the lighting is probably baked to the hilt.

Portugeezer

I do distinctly remember all the concern regarding console gamers having to get used to a future at 30fps. Now we have a AAA 60fps game with RT just around the corner, and somehow, there is still concern.

half baked bullshit GIF
Being a first party game, we get more out of it. Some third parties have been dogshit this gen; riding the crossgen wave of old looking visuals but selling the 60fps (which just comes with the territory).

I'd be surprised, for example, if Naughty Dog's next narrative game has a 60fps mode.

Reminds of the days when Factor 5 and Shin'en used to make things happen that no one else could. Diminishing returns and all, their work is still impressive.

I bought the PS5 with Miles Morales on launch day and had never even booted up the game until yesterday. Currently playing through in 40hz mode with ray tracing. Looks good on OLED. Excited to see what they’ve done for the new game.

Eotheod

It'd still be nice to turn it off, as for me personally I have no care about more "realistic" reflections, lights or shadows. I'm the kind of person who just wants to play the game, graphical candy like that is just secondary.

Obviously that's entirely my opinion, as I stated, and I very much doubt would ever actually happen. I prefer raytracing for more accurate hit registering or data feedback to the player controller, some cool things you can do with knowing exactly what your controller is doing in the space.

Last edited:
Top Bottom