• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spike VGAs (VGX) are 3 hours long this year, have extended gameplay demos

J-Man

I wonder if the X stands for eXhibition, which really makes sense, I show up for the world exclusive debuts and not the awards.

With live game demos added in with the debut trailers, it really is on its way to becoming a mini E3 conference where everyone is invited.

Portugeezer

3 hours of waiting for 1 minute teasers spread out by 1 hours each, which show 5 seconds of new footage and ultimately are underwhelming?

get hype!

Will they finally start handing out half the awards at the actual show instead of during the pre show? Watching people get semi offended by just getting an (ugly ass) stuck in their head was weird.

ibm4GEeCMHhw8G.gif

VGX will be streamed across Xbox One, Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3 (PS3™), Twitch, iOS and Android devices,

ps4 has a twitch app right? Weird that there is no native way to watch it but you can on ps3 (is that through home?)

I think this will be the first VGA's (VGX whatever) I'm going to watch live. Already excited even if I have to go through alot of commercials and bs but I'm hoping to see some great new announcments and trailers

3 hours for an award show that amounts to little more than marketing for publishers...video game industry bent on making all the same mistakes the music and film industries made.

Gartooth

I guess it now makes sense that they dropped the "A" from VGAs. This is no longer an awards show and it seems to me that they are admitting it themselves by rebranding it VGX. Now it seems like a mini-E3 put out in December which isn't necessarily bad, but I do always like seeing the overall consensus in the industry for the best games of the year from their perspective.

Or I can wait a day or two until the videos are posted online and watch them in better quality without the ads and video game award crap. :D

I get the feeling that this will turn into a winter E3 type event without all the gamers. It'll be the first real showings of games for the upcoming year for publishers that don't want to do it earlier for fear of confusing consumers for the holiday season. Sounds like they are taking a hint from Sony's success and focusing on games.

I guess it now makes sense that they dropped the "A" from VGAs. This is no longer an awards show and it seems to me that they are admitting it themselves by rebranding it VGX. Now it seems like a mini-E3 put out in December which isn't necessarily bad, but I do always like seeing the overall consensus in the industry for the best games of the year from their perspective.

The awards are still part of the show

Fans can start voting today for Most Anticipated Game on VGXLive.com while the rest of the nominees for VGX will be announced next week. Nominees are determined by the VGX Advisory Council, made up of a group of some of the most well-respected video game journalists from media outlets such as Entertainment Weekly, Game Informer, Joystiq, Kotaku, Polygon, IGN, GameTrailers, Gamespot, Wired.com, USA Today and Associated Press.

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2013/11/spike-video-game-awards-renamed-vgx-set.html

Firestorm

I think this will be the first VGA's (VGX whatever) I'm going to watch live. Already excited even if I have to go through alot of commercials and bs but I'm hoping to see some great new announcments and trailers
The great new announcements and trailers are commercials.

Will they finally start handing out half the awards at the actual show instead of during the pre show? Watching people get semi offended by just getting an (ugly ass) stuck in their head was weird.

ibm4GEeCMHhw8G.gif
This is what I'm wondering. Would've been so awesome to see her accept that in front of the audience. Hope we see more actual awards be given out an-oh what am I thinking, we'll get more teasers, stupid celebrity stuff, and commercials. And I'll still end up watching it.

Mass Effect 4 is basically a lock.

I wonder what happened to Rainbow 6 Patriots. Maybe that will make an appearance as well.

Also, they should have Hannibal Buress host.

Randdalf

Mass Effect 4 is basically a lock.

I wonder what happened to Rainbow 6 Patriots. Maybe that will make an appearance as well.

Also, they should have Hannibal Buress host.

It will probably ditch the numbers and be something like Mass Effect: EdgySubtitle, as is the trend nowadays.

ibm4GEeCMHhw8G.gif
Hopefully Ellen Page doesn't even show up. Would be way too embarrassing if she ends up winning and they do this shit.

Some Nobody

Who cares about that game now? Uncharted is going to demolish it

I like Uncharted but lol no. The Order sounds a billion times more interesting than UC1-3 ever did. For UC4 to be close, Drake would have to ACTUALLY explore a supernatural civilization, not just find more ruins of some.

Also: Who said this was going to have commercials? It's a 3 hour show that's streaming online, and then two days later they're going to air what sounds like an "edited for content and commercials" version on Spike.

That said, fuck hype. I expect info on Rocksteady's new game. That's about it. I'm not saying nothing else will happen, I'm just saying that's 3 weeks away and I've got finals to think about.

Top Bottom