• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 Direct announced (7.6.17 @ 7AM PT / 10AM ET)

Ban Puncher

2Ic5ppI.gif

Pretty excited to jump back into Splatoon.
Haven't played since the Calli v Marie splatfest.
Excited to play through the campaign and try out the new modes like Salmon Run.
Kind of hoping they announce some new competitive multiplayer modes or just other modes in general to set it apart more as well as some of their DLC plans.

Coxy100

Banned
Never played the first so interested to find out more about Splatoon.

Is there much single player?

Local couch co op?

I'm betting Nintendo has a t least one more mode up their sleeves for this game. Really looking forward to Splatoon 2, so they don't need anything else, but I think they haven't shown much of their hand yet.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member

Local couch co op?
First game came with a standard 5-6 hour single player campaign. I would imagine this game would be similar.

No split-screen local multiplayer; one player per switch.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Please announce the green & pink joycons and that killer carrying case for the US.

I have to restrain myself from even thinking of bringing the Switch out of the house because I don' t have that sweet case yet.

TDLink

First game cames with a standard 5-6 hour single player campaign. I would imagine this game would be similar.

No split-screen local multiplayer; one player per switch.

I'm not sure that's confirmed? Salmon Run especially seems like it could be split screen.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
Bamboo 竹;242486808 said:
I hope they announce the new "Miiverse" version for the Switch since on some new footage of E3 2017 it got leaked.
?
They announced that player messages will be in like the first game, but I don't recall them mentioning Miiverse for switch. Link?

Local couch co op?
There is a single player campaign. First game had one too. Not very long, but this one should be a tad longer or at least with more replay value.

Not sure about couch co-op/split screen. I think it was leaked via an image of Nintendo mall demos but it hasn't been confirmed/shown off yet.
The first game had a couch split screen mode that wasn't very good. I think Salmon run maybe split screen.

?
They announced that player messages will be in like the first game, but I don't recall them mentioning Miiverse for switch. Link?

I mean the feature of drawings share of Splatoon where those appeared on the Plaza and Maps. Dunno if it will be a proper Switch OS feature as Miiverse thought.

I will search for the screenshot.

LordKano

They will probably announce new modes if it's 25 minutes long, which I'm a bit surprised about since I thought we knew all of them already, with Salmon Run being the big addition.

I hope for more ranked modes, and maybe something splitscreen like the first game.

Menitta

Sick. Don't have work that day. I really hope they have another testfire. I didn't have a Switch during the first one.

J@hranimo

Banned
It's time Nogami-san!

More maps confirmed for Day 1

Confirmed Weapons for Day 1

Callie Octarian reveal

Splatfest details

League Battle details

HYPE

SeanR1221

So who else ordered the pro controller and all 3 amiibos :(

Already have the money in my account for the digital download.

Top Bottom