• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Splatoon 2 introduces Pearl and Marina, Icecream vs. Icrecream Splatfest

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
that cute smile

iZ3i0KV.jpg

Yoshi88

Love the german translation this time: Duo is called Tentacool and their slogan roughly translates to: "You are cool...we are tentacool!"

Quonny

Nintendo fucked up hard. I mean, this isn't even a competition. The weird eyebrows, the connected eyes, the lame hair, the plain dress, the weird snaggle tooth.

Like, what the hell. This isn't even fun.

Opa-Pa

I like them better than the squid sisters, I think. And man, a black central character in Splatoon 2, so good!... Too bad I get the feeling she's gonna be a bit "too popular".

I never joined in with people who argued over whether Callie or Marie was better, as they were both designed equally well. But there's an embarrassingly huge gap between the quality of these two's designs. Marina is great, whereas Pearl is straight up awful character design. Her face looks more like a male.

I hope Marina wins every single time there's a vote.

WonderzL

Banned
Nintendo fucked up hard. I mean, this isn't even a competition. The weird eyebrows, the connected eyes, the lame hair, the plain dress, the weird snaggle tooth.

Like, what the hell. This isn't even fun.
I think they can use this as lore. Make Pearl the underdog, etc.

Berordn

It's actually embarrassing how vastly superior Marina is to Pearl.

At least Callie and Marie were on the same playing field.

Kouriozan

Judging by Splatoon 1's final splatfest, Pearl is going to be the vilain of Splatoon 3, pretty fitting with her look :p

13ruce

Banned
Squid Sisters still the best imo.
The new ones don't even wear food on their head.

Marina is quite cool especially being a octoling but pearl looks ugly and annoying.

Wonder what happens if you beat Singleplayer i think they might do the news cast together or the sisters will roam inside the city and make music again.

Neoxon

Wait a minute, what if Nintendo did this early Splatfest to low-key sabotage Melee Top 8 at EVO?

There's now solo mode and squad mode during splatfest, the winning will be calculated by population/solo/squad in Splatoon 2.

DEDy6zcVoAACoF_.jpg

javac

Pearl looks weird in game but looks better in her artwork, she comes across as the child that's too big for her boots and acts all tough and shit, Team Marina tho goes without saying.

Judging by Splatoon 1's final splatfest, Pearl is going to be the vilain of Splatoon 3, pretty fitting with her look :p

Might be both of them, my guess

End of Year 1 Splatfest: Pearl vs Marina (Don't count out Splatoon Eminem!)
End of Year 2 Splatfest: Squid Sisters vs Off the Hook.

Top Bottom