• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SPOILER ALERT: Halo 5 (Spoiler) Spoiler Thread of Spoilers Spoiler

Cortana!
Chief goes 'rouge' after Mission 2. Mission 3 cutscene starts with Osiris and the HUNT BEGINS!

So exciting.

Meridian 25 October 2558? Mission 3 as Fireteam Osiris

Can't believe they killed off Jul in the first mission and he didn't even put up a fight. It basically looked like Locke way toying with him.

Updated.. mission list from best I can guess.

Osiris [Likely 'Into the Fire' achievement, Mission 1] "Fireteam Osiris is dispatched to find the UNSC's most wanted criminal: Doctor Catherine Elizabeth Halsey"
Blue Team [Gotta be 'Argent Moon' achievement, Mission 2] "The Master Chief is reunited with his Spartan II Blue Team for a routine investigation of the lost ONI research station Argent Moon"
Glassed [Seems like 'Glasslands' achievement, Mission 3] "Osiris must pursue Blue Team to a glassed world beyond UNSC jurisdiction."
Meridian Station [Probably 'Stolen Gauntlet' achievement, Mission 4] "Osiris learns that Meridian Station harbors many secrets"
Unconfirmed [Likely 'Roots of the Earth' achievement, Mission 5]
Evacuation [Likely 'Escape' achievement, Mission 6]
Reunion [Likely 'Together Again' achievement, Mission 7]
Swords of Sanghelios [Likely 'Swords' achievement, Mission 8]
Enemy Lines[Could be 'Old Bones' or 'Breakthrough' achievement, Mission 9 or 10]
Battle of Sunaion [Likely 'Civil War' achievement, Mission 12]
"13th Mission" ['Reclamation' achievement, Mission 13 *duhrr*]
The Breaking [Maybe 'A New Dawn'' achievement, Mission 14]
Guardians [Likely 'Sentinels' achievement, Mission 15]

Also it does look like Meridian might end up being the Lava planet, as I saw some lava in the mining dig background.

I know they're trying to move on from past mistakes with Halo 4 / get some skeletons out of their closet, but damn, they really give no fucks in terms of offing whoever they need to in order to get to the "start" of H5G's plot threads.

EDIT:

Updated.. mission list from best I can guess.

You know the Achievement descriptions give away what achievements correspond to what level, right? I went ahead and streamlined the mission listings for you:

KEY
#. Mission Title. Achievement for Completion. Playable Characters
"Mission description when available."
- Relevant achievement 1
- Relevant achievement 2

01. Osiris. Into the Fire. Osiris
"Fireteam Osiris is dispatched to find the UNSC's most wanted criminal: Doctor Catherine Elizabeth Halsey."
- Your Team Is Your Weapon: Command your Spartan fireteam.
- Enemy of My Enemy: Assist a Zealot charging a hill.

02. Blue Team. Argent Moon. Blue Team
"The Master Chief is reunited with his Spartan-II Blue Team for a routine investigation of the lost ONI research station Argent Moon."
- I Thought I'd Lost You: Skip the Hunters in the lab and encounter them in the hangar bay.
- On My Mark: Assassinate two Elites at once.

03. Glassed. Glasslands. Osiris
"Osiris must pursue Blue Team to a glassed world beyond UNSC jurisdiction."
- Going the Distance: Complete mission without entering vehicle.
- Shoot from the Hip: Complete mission without ADS.

04. Meridian Station. Roots of the Earth. Osiris*
"Osiris learns that Meridian Station harbors many secrets."
- No Relevant Achievements
*Based on mission description structure.

05. Unconfirmed. Stolen Gauntlet
- Waiting on You: Kill an enemy that's had its armor repaired.
- Maverick: In co-op, copilot a vehicle and score 30 kills between both occupants.

06. Evacuation. Escape
- Savior: Keep 6 Miners alive at the elevator on Heroic.
- Fire Drill: Complete in 18:00 on Heroic.

07. Reunion. Together Again
- Take a Hike: Traverse the canyon without a Phaeton on Heroic.
- No Witnesses: Destroy the Phantom at the Covenant camp on Heroic.

08. Swords of Sanghelios. Swords
- No Knock Raid: Destroy 10 walls or floors.
- Preying Mantis: Finish level in co-op with both Mantises intact.

09. Mission Title TBD. Old Bones

10. Mission Title TBD. Breakthrough

11. Enemy Lines. Stormbound. Osiris
"In order to activate the Guardian, Osiris must track down a Forerunner Constructor."
- Kracken Lackin: Complete without destroying a Kraken stationary turret.
- Emergency Boarding Procedures: Escape doomed Kraken by riding on a Spartan's Phaeton.

12. Battle of Sunaion. Civil War. Osiris
- Death from Above: Kill a Grunt and smash a grate using Ground Pound. (Concurrently?)
- Worms Don't Surf: Knock two Hunters into the ocean.

13. Mission Title TBD. Reclamation
- Tank Still Beats Everything: Complete mission without losing Scorpion.
- Rolling Thunder: Operate 4 different vehicles at once on Legendary.

14. The Breaking. A New Dawn
- Harbinger: Complete mission without the entire fireteam dying.
- Prison Break: Simultaneously kill two Wardens on Heroic.

15. Guardians. Sentinels
- Icy Cool: Ground Pound an exterior power core on Heroic.
- Double Stuff: Destroy two power cores at once on Heroic.

That's much cleaner.. thanks.. I had another list somewhere but yours is better!

Still find it weird there are missions with no achievements. Hope they're not short.

That's much cleaner.. thanks.. I had another list somewhere but yours is better!

Still find it weird there are missions with no achievements. Hope they're not short.

I'd assume (bare minimum) that missions 9, 10 and 13 are too spoilery to go into detail about, which is why we don't have mission titles.

I'd assume (bare minimum) that missions 9, 10 and 13 are too spoilery to go into detail about, which is why we don't have mission titles.

Makes sense. In games where there are secret achievements, the ones that tell you "This is a secret achievement" or whatever.. is that detail revealed on these lists?

Doesn't seem like it since this adds up to 1000GS.

Definitely setting up Cortana as a "threat". Maybe not necessarily as an antagonist, but a perceived (by the UNSC) threat. It also seemed to imply that she can control the Guardians? Or did I make that up?

Come on bruh this is a spoiler thread, spoil!

Please don't do this.

Oh sorry!

Cortana has accessed the forerunner domain and is at Meridian her Halsey.

Halsey believes Cortana having access to these things is dangerous and that Chief is not emotionally in a state to talk to Cortana again (Cortana comes to chief in middle of mission 2). Chief is asked to return to Infinity but refuses (goes rogue).

Another AI present there asks why is Cortana or Chief at fault here.

The hunt begins really after mission 2.

txZIxKb.png

armor lock is back :p

any videos of these first few missions up yet ?

http://www.twitch.tv/ign/v/20821837
starts at 1:37:50

Why are there spoiler tags in here lmao

Anyways, keep the details coming! Sounds like interesting stuff :)

Mostly because the first 3 pages were not actual spoilers just jokes.. So I wanted to make sure people wouldn't accidentally see anything.. I suppose its free reign now though!

Deadly

Apparently streamers are allowed to stream mission 8 too which I'm guessing is the E3 mission.

Considering after we get 2 missions that are TBD and then there's
"In order to activate the Guardian, Osiris must track down a Forerunner Constructor."
I'm guessing we get important reveals then and Osiris sides with Blue team. After a few confrontations of course.

Apparently streamers are allowed to stream mission 8 too which I'm guessing is the E3 mission.

Considering after we get 2 missions that are TBD and then there's
I'm guessing we get important reveals then and Osiris sides with Blue team. After a few confrontations of course.

Any video for mission 8? Every streamer is only showing 1-3

Oh sorry!

Cortana has accessed the forerunner domain and is at Meridian her Halsey.

Halsey believes Cortana having access to these things is dangerous and that Chief is not emotionally in a state to talk to Cortana again (Cortana comes to chief in middle of mission 2). Chief is asked to return to Infinity but refuses (goes rogue).

Another AI present there asks why is Cortana or Chief at fault here.

The hunt begins really after mission 2.
Fucking lol

It seriously reads like Fan fiction. In 1 and 2 they were basically like siblings, always making banter, then with H4 (and h3 to a lesser extent) they both want to just cuddle and watch Netflix. It's dumb.

My sister thought they were a couple or have romantic feelings after seeing the last cutscene in Halo 4 where Cortana touch Chief's body and she didnt know anything about Halo.

So far Chief have a PTDS about losing Cortana then?

Top Bottom