• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix announces Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call for 3DS

Netto-kun

Some screens from Game Watch.

iI8QR0wV6OPqU.jpg
iblm6LqucUPTaG.jpg
iNtmshaYuB9F5.jpg
ibbp6YvEAsdkR.jpg

Edit: Rehosted

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Gameplay ideas:
- Make equipment and levelling up not suck and be useless, because it was in the original Theatrhythm. I found that I either aced a level to the degree that I would have finished it fine with Level 1s, or I tanked hard enough that no equipment would have saved me. And then when it came to getting a good score, of course I wasn't allowed to wear equipment at all.
- Figure out something to do with the prologue/epilogue sequences or cut them. The first few were neat but at some point it is padding and also padding for the song count--I'll be very disappointed if the 200 songs in CC are 25% prologues and epilogues.
- Make the framerate in the event sequences not suck.
- Make the videos in the event sequences not suck.
- Translate the event sequences, holy crap jesus
- Sell DLC in bigger packs. I'd be way more likely to spend $10 on a mini-expansion than pick or poke at individual tracks
- Don't limit certain tracks to Dark Notes.
- Don't lock quite so many characters and other stuff behind post-game content that amounts to grinding through stuff you've already mastered
- Work on flattening the difficulty spike. A lot of people managed to basically perfect the whole game on hard minus not even being able to complete the last few songs on hard (Dancing Mad, Four Fiends being two of them). Maybe consider making most of hard a little harder or the hardest songs a little easier?
- Please work with Theatrhythm 1 DLC
- Let people play arbitrary playlists of songs in a row.
- More enemy sprites
- More heroes
- More summon monsters
- More spells

Gamerloid

How did this thread escape me? I'd love to see Celes Chere as a character. She's probably my favorite character in the Final Fantasy franchise.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Well Ace is in it. So I guess I'll get it if they localize it. Just a matter of not trading it in after a month like the first one.

Gameplay ideas:
- Make equipment and levelling up not suck and be useless, because it was in the original Theatrhythm. I found that I either aced a level to the degree that I would have finished it fine with Level 1s, or I tanked hard enough that no equipment would have saved me. And then when it came to getting a good score, of course I wasn't allowed to wear equipment at all.
- Figure out something to do with the prologue/epilogue sequences or cut them. The first few were neat but at some point it is padding and also padding for the song count--I'll be very disappointed if the 200 songs in CC are 25% prologues and epilogues.
- Make the framerate in the event sequences not suck.
- Make the videos in the event sequences not suck.
- Translate the event sequences, holy crap jesus
- Sell DLC in bigger packs. I'd be way more likely to spend $10 on a mini-expansion than pick or poke at individual tracks
- Don't limit certain tracks to Dark Notes.
- Don't lock quite so many characters and other stuff behind post-game content that amounts to grinding through stuff you've already mastered
- Work on flattening the difficulty spike. A lot of people managed to basically perfect the whole game on hard minus not even being able to complete the last few songs on hard (Dancing Mad, Four Fiends being two of them). Maybe consider making most of hard a little harder or the hardest songs a little easier?
- Please work with Theatrhythm 1 DLC
- Let people play arbitrary playlists of songs in a row.
- More enemy sprites
- More heroes
- More summon monsters
- More spells

I like all of your ideas.

Also allow for unlockable movies from the different games that aren't just a hodgepodge of scenes forced together.

mrmickfran

It looks like the characters are going to have more facial expressions this time around, instead of that blank emotionless expression that they had in the first game.

Angry Cloud is so... :3

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
It looks like the characters are going to have more facial expressions this time around, instead of that blank emotionless expression that they had in the first game.

Angry Cloud is so... :3

But the blank emotionless expression fits Cloud better than his post-AC transformation angsty look. ;P

Wazzy

Banned
Why did I only just notice this announcement? Wooohoo at Rinoa joining in. Zack is a cool inclusion too.

Gimme more VIII levels Square, pls.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Why did I only just notice this announcement? Wooohoo at Rinoa joining in. Zack is a cool inclusion too.

Gimme more VIII levels Square, pls.

Rinoa was a given, since she was DLC in the iOS version along with Celes, Tifa, Garnet, Auron, Balthier, Hope, Serah, and Ramza. Would be surprised if all of these didn't show up in the new one.

I'm excited for the VS mode. As others have said, hopefully they will balance equipment and skills to make them more useful. Doing that could lead to a deep multiplayer experience, making this almost like a musical Dissidia.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Apologize if old, but according to Famitsu via Siliconera, the game will have music from the following:

• Final Fantasy I – XIV
  • Final Fantasy X-2
  • Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
  • Final Fantasy Tactics
  • Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy
  • Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy
  • Final Fantasy Type-0
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

NateDrake

Apologize if old, but according to Famitsu via Siliconera, the game will have music from the following:

• Final Fantasy I – XIV
  • Final Fantasy X-2
  • Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
  • Final Fantasy Tactics
  • Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy
  • Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy
  • Final Fantasy Type-0
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Amazing tracks will be had with those new additions. Can't wait for some Tactics tracks.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
This looks nice. I loved the original, so I will definitely be checking this out. Looks like a worthy sequel.

Top Bottom