• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSB for 3DS & U - Tourney Mode, Youtube Replay DLC Stages and Mii Costumes (K. Rool)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's the nature of Smash. The actually story of the series is, that all the Fans are so angry all the time, that the feeling swap over to the characters and they start to fight each other. The hate make the series strong and gives Sakurai eternal youth .All Hail Our Overlord!

I always knew Sakurai was an ascended pillar man.

Zyrox

Man these costumes are such teases. All that work spent on these models...for Mii costumes. I want alternate costumes for the actual characters :< Many other Fighting games do it, Sakuria pls

Ok, so for the first time ever this set of costumes has three characters that people wanted that possibly had a chance. (Imo since I don't think anything else thats a Mii costume had a chance beisdes Inkling and that was just cross promotion.)

So we are getting a newcomer tomorrow. All three (KRool, Loyd, and Chrom) are fairly niche nowadays, tho of course KRool wins by a mile in terms of most wanted. So we are getting someone who is fairly niche, who is high up in polls, and is for the fans.

Its a pattern. And it must come full circle with a newcomer. The stages add to this as fan service retro stages and Dr Mario who has deserved a stage for awhile.

This is it.

Its Ridley.

Seriously, I know I'm just seeing things, but it is kinda a odd combo of mii costumes. I'm trying to think of anyone else thats niche but has a large fanbase. Shantae or Shovel Knight perhaps but the chances of a Indie is low, would be awesome tho. Dixie Kong probably fits. Someone who is getting alot of votes but is niche. I guess any vet also fits the pattern. I don't think Wonder Red, Chibi Robo, Paper Mario, etc. would get enough votes for this.

Yall will see. The pattern will happen. Someone is coming tomorrow. Prepare your monies.

Metal B

Here here! Even worse suggestion than the weirdos who think Waluigi has a shot in hell of being playable, or the K.Rool fan club that rears their head every time a new Smash anything is announced.
Waluigi would be great, since Sakruai could really go all out with him and make him the ultimate troll character. Alone his taunts would be amazing "Big deal, loser!", "You're lousy!" "I hate this game!".
tumblr_n000cfRrOt1rhbbujo1_r1_500.gif

Someone is coming tomorrow, but it ain't Ridley.

Tell me what you are going to do if Wolf is revealed tomorrow night.
Still think it follows the pattern of niche but loyal fanbase.

I have the oddest feeling that Shantae/Shovel Knight are higher up in votes than we think. Yu Narukami aswell. Sakurai could see good moveset for Yu if he knows he exists. (lol)

PS: I keep saying niche third party characters simply because I think Nintendo has mostly exausted their character choices.

BKSmash

We're getting Wolf in about 24 hours, right gang?
:(

But seriously, it's weird that they're holding of on telling us about a brand new stage (if it's real that is) when the update is so soon upon us. In some really weird way, it makes me hopeful for a new character as well.

I have the oddest feeling that Shantae/Shovel Knight are higher up in votes than we think. Yu Narukami aswell. Sakurai could see good moveset for Yu if he knows he exists. (lol)

PS: I keep saying niche third party characters simply because I think Nintendo has mostly exausted their character choices.
If you recognize the second bolded part, then you realize that the first bolded part is an unavoidable "pattern".

If we're ever getting Snake back, it's going to have to be soon (before Kojima completely exits the Konami building).

*praying for Big Boss tomorrow*

Mr Swine

Banned
Snake? Who wants that lousy character? we can have one great doctor but moo! He won't appear!

Have a rotten day!

*wario grumble*

:^)

These Mii costumes are great in the sense that now we 100% know that Sakurai knows. They know what characters people want, so anything can happen now or even for the next Smash. These K.Rool and Lloyd Mii costumes are great news in the long run. They were not simply selected randomly.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Normally costumes should make me happy because we're getting content, but I feel dread instead because it feels like it lessens the character's chances.

Tell me what you are going to do if Wolf is revealed tomorrow night.

Depends, character or, heaven forbid, a costume?

Hatchtag

Banned

I could see P3MC getting a Mii Gunner costume that uses an evoker, honestly.

Wow, some of you really still think we're getting a character tomorrow? I don't see it. It'd be an amazing surprise, but it doesn't feel like any more characters should be ready so soon, considering we got three at once during E3.

This seems like more of an "in-between" update. I'm thrilled about the new stages, Tourney Mode, and YouTube uploading, though! I really can't wait to check out the Dr. Mario stage, assuming it's not fake... and I kinda think it's legit.

Also, I have no problems with Wolf coming back (and I think it's only a matter of time), but it's sad to see more rampant Krystal hate. I think she could be really fun to play. :(

Forkball

Pfft, give me a Sheena costume instead.

The non-game stuff is so goofy. A bear with a honey jar? Does anyone buy these costumes?

if this is sakurai's version of fanservice, i dont think its working. lloyd and k rool costumes only made people even angrier they're not in
Yeah. i still remember when Ashley was shown as a trophy. The elation of seeing my favourite warioware character in the image, on a stage and the sudden deflating of hype when I saw the 'assist' words. I guess you could consider it a nice nod but if I like a character I usually want to PLAY as them so all it ends up being is a sore point reminding me of what could've been. Even if it wasn't the case, most of the peeps I play Smash with prefer items off so it's not like I'd ever see assists anyhoo.

Here here! Even worse suggestion than the weirdos who think Waluigi has a shot in hell of being playable
:3

I think people tend to forget that the ballot is still going on. They probably are using the ballot right now to get ideas for Mii costumes and to tide people over. By the time the ballot is finished and the ballot characters revealed, we could get a character that already has a Mii costume. By that time if anything, the hype would be more for those characters if they are revealed, since time would have passed since their Mii costumes released.

In short. There are no rules. Ryu is a second capcom character, Ness has customs of Lucas' moves, Mewtwo had an in game trophy, Sakurai said no villager, Roy is a 5th Fire Emblem character.

Neiteio

I think people tend to forget that the ballot is still going on. They probably are using the ballot right now to get ideas for Mii costumes and to tide people over. By the time the ballot is finished and the ballot characters revealed, we could get a character that already has a Mii costume. By that time if anything, the hype would be more for those characters if they are revealed, since time would have passed since their Mii costumes released.

In short. There are no rules. Ryu is a second capcom character, Ness has customs of Lucas' moves, Mewtwo had an in game trophy, Sakurai said no villager, Roy is a 5th Fire Emblem character.
Yep. Anything is possible.

I'm up for anything, really.

Tales of Symphonia is my favorite third-party title on any Nintendo console and aside from the obvious relevancy issues, I've never wanted Lloyd for two reasons:

1) The possibility of Dawn of the New World content.
2) The possibility of having voice clips provided by Brian Beacock.

Therefore, Mii costume is the next best option. Having only one sword for him is gonna be weird as fuck, but hell, I'll take it.

Yep. Anything is possible.

I'm up for anything, really.

Anything goes for sure, but although it's being a hypocrite I'd actually cry if Bomberman got a Mii costume. Personally I believe it does mean no playable character for third parties but not for first, but again, that's my personal guess. I've accepted though that anything can happen. There's no rules or reasoning behind any decision and this game has proven this multiple times.

I can't speak for anyone else but I've only actually played Tales of Symphonia. Kind of sad when you consider I actually do own Tales of Vesperia, I just haven't gotten around to playing it ^.^;

Lol you should play it. Vesperia and Symphonia are pretty much regarded as 1a and 1b of the Tales series in terms of quality.

Lloyd Irving enduring as something of a Nintendo third party favourite warms my crusty old heart a bit due to Symphonia nostalgia.

CLJOTdyUMAEDROG.jpg

Nicolas Cage is that you?
"smashing me off stage wont bring back your god-damn honey!"

I can't speak for anyone else but I've only actually played Tales of Symphonia. Kind of sad when you consider I actually do own Tales of Vesperia, I just haven't gotten around to playing it ^.^;

Vesperia is pretty great, you should hop to it when you have the time.

Have we any idea of who are the most requested characters ? Does a website have some kind of poll or something ?

I guess, beside melee/characters: Wonder Red, Krystal, Ridley ?

I'd just like to have an idea of the results. What do you think GAF ?

Lol you should play it. Vesperia and Symphonia are pretty much regarded as 1a and 1b of the Tales series in terms of quality.

Vesperia is pretty great, you should hop to it when you have the time.

Yeah, I guess i should dust off the old 360 and play the few games I have for it that are still on the 'pile of shame' some time :3
Not sure why i didn't get around to this one in particular before :eek:

FSLink

Banned
I doubt non Tales of fans would know who Cless was if he got in

I would agree, but I also don't feel any Tales of character should get in as a full character before a Tekken character or something, they're just not as iconic as other Namco properties. I'd love to see one in someday though.

Neoxon

Again, the character would have leaked with the Dr. Mario stage if we were supposed to be getting one. This is most likely just an in-between update.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Punchline: Wario ended up suggesting his BFF* Jimmy T.

*Read the bios in Game and Wario that confirms this. Sorry Waluigi, you're just a tennis partner to Wario.

Again, the character would have leaked with the Dr. Mario stage if we were supposed to be getting one. This is most likely just an in-between update.
Like how all these costumes leaked with the Dr. Mario stage. Who says everything must leak?

Mcdohl

Yeah, it can't be a new character because with Smash 4's current record it would have been already leaked :(

Because costumes aren't that big of a deal compared to full playable characters. I doubt leakers would waste their time on the Mii Costumes unless it was to troll us.
You do realize that almost every time you post about this stuff, you act like you are completely certain while having nothing but air to stand on? It's incredibly annoying.

Top Bottom