• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSB for 3DS & U - Tourney Mode, Youtube Replay DLC Stages and Mii Costumes (K. Rool)

Neoxon

You do realize that almost every time you post about this stuff, you act like you are completely certain while having nothing but air to stand on? It's incredibly annoying.
Think of it from the leaker's point of view. With the golden opportunity he or she is presented, do you really think that they'd leave out the new character?

Think of it from the leaker's point of view. With the golden opportunity he or she is presented, do you really think that they'd leave out the new character?
I'm talking about your general attitude.

Also, people with pre-release information don't always have all of it. That's the thought process that made people assume the Gematsu leak was wrong.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Because costumes aren't that big of a deal compared to full playable characters. I doubt leakers would waste their time on the Mii Costumes unless it was to troll us.

When the Japanese patch was released early and dataminers had access to everything they bothered to reveal all the Mii costumes.

And considering costumes can be of favourite potential characters (K.Rool and Lloyd) they can be seen as a big deal.

fernoca

Yeah, costumes were leaked in June; which revealed Tekken and Virtua Fighter costumes. But that was close to release because they managed to download the update before release (some updates are uploaded days ahead).

Guess Nintendo is aware of that and might put the update in the servers closer to release...who knows. Previous leaks were related to hooks/data been on the updates which they decrypted.

Punchline: Wario ended up suggesting his BFF* Jimmy T.

*Read the bios in Game and Wario that confirms this. Sorry Waluigi, you're just a tennis partner to Wario.
All the warioware characters are pretty great, but I'm obviously biased towards my favourites :p Jimmy T isn't my fave but I will forever love his dancing sequence with the cats :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRKpqQBmlM8

Heck I played the intro to this over and over because it's so catchy XD

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Guess Nintendo is aware of that and might put the update in the servers closer to release...who knows. Previous leaks were related to hooks/data been on the updates which they decrypted.

Well they learnt to keep future update data out of the last patch since that's what caused Ryu to be leaked so early on. We had no idea Peach's Castle and Hyrule Castle from Smash 64 were coming until the Smash update told us.

All the warioware characters are pretty great, but I'm obviously biased towards my favourites :p Jimmy T isn't my fave but I will forever love his dancing sequence with the cats :D
A dancing based character would also be unique which is why I push him as a second Wario rep.

Wonder whats up in the DLC thread

*pops in*

CLJOroEUYAA10e6.jpg

.....excuse me for a moment.

*goes in to the despair/panic room*

How could you do this!? #@$! God Damnit all! ! HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE CHOSEN ONE!!!! $#@!?

*takes a deep breath and leaves the despair/panic room while opening his wallet*

At least he aknowledged Tales of Symphonia so ill buy it......damn it! ;-;

StayDead

Well they learnt to keep future update data out of the last patch since that's what caused Ryu to be leaked so early on. We had no idea Peach's Castle and Hyrule Castle from Smash 64 were coming until the Smash update told us.

A dancing based character would also be unique which is why I push him as a second Wario rep.

Ashley and Mona could also be pretty unique. Even having Dr Crygor would be amazing. Heck I think all the Wario Ware characters are great

Wonder whats up in the DLC thread

*pops in*

CLJOroEUYAA10e6.jpg

.....excuse me for a moment.

*goes in to the despair/panic room*

How could you do this!? #@$! God Damnit all! ! HE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE CHOSEN ONE!!!! $#@!?

*takes a deep breath and leaves the despair/panic room while opening his wallet*

At least he aknowledged Tales of Symphonia so ill buy it......damn it! ;-;
You really expected a Tales character to be on the roster?

woopWOOP

I never really liked Lloyd's design and was kind of annoyed people wanted him in Smash over the other Tales heroes. I guess this is a nice halfway point.

That Flying Man outfit is legit awesome tho.
SMASHING FOR THE TROOPS!
its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-507-02.jpg

I would've loved Lloyd as a playable character and all but the mii swordsman has a lot of his moves anyway so it works for me honestly. Use his side b that's like tempest, down b that's that thrust to be any of the billion thrust moves he has and up b can be the upward slash from tiger blade. It's totally the same...

Not really. I need rising Phoenix and falcons crest or it's just not Lloyd. I just hope that they don't do this to Issac too...

I never really liked Lloyd's design and was kind of annoyed people wanted him in Smash over the other Tales heroes. I guess this is a nice halfway point.

That Flying Man outfit is legit awesome tho.
SMASHING FOR THE TROOPS!
its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-507-02.jpg

well... either lloyd, cress, shing or emil... choose one that most tales of fans on nintendo system likes....

edit: eh i forgot about luke due to tota 3ds... eh screw him :^)

Well it was either Cless or Lloyd, and in all honesty I would be happier with any other Tales characters before Lloyd, but I cant complain. I started my Tales fandom with Symphonia. <3

Edit: eh thinking about nintendo originated characters here. Emil would be cool but not as Iconic as his predecessors.

This is the biggest update the game has had so far. While character DLC is not guaranteed, Nintendo would be making a huge mistake to not include it. Tournament mode will bring lots of new blood in. Impulsive blood.

SuperSah

Banned
Don't think so, this was all through Twitter I think.

Good to see you 'round these parts again Sah

Thanks! I took a long break from the Smash train, but more than ready to hop back on. :p

Probably won't see a video until tomorrow. They've teased more costumes which will probably be announced tomorrow, possibly (but not guaranteed) alongside a new DLC character.

I don't expect a new character, but if so they likely would be a veteran like Wolf or something.

J@hranimo

Banned
Soooo why are some of us expecting a character tomorrow?

I don't really see it.

Hopefully there aren't any balance changes. Feels too soon and would invalidate a lot of replays that would have been saved for the past month or so.

Jawmuncher

Youtube Upload is genius. I was getting pretty pissed with all of the replays, I could no longer see because of patches.

I don't see a new character that soon....

I don't see us getting a character that day, but revealing one isn't out of the question I think.

Neoxon

Like it hyped up Ryu and Roy?
To be fair, they were leaked twice alongside a character we knew was coming. No leak or anything has come out for a character. And given that the Dr. Mario stage leaked already & the game's track record with keeping surprises, I'm surprised people are getting their hopes up at all. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a new character. I just doubt that we'll get one in this update.

To be fair, they were leaked twice alongside a character we knew was coming. No leak or anything has come out for a character. And given that the Dr. Mario stage leaked already & the game's track record with keeping surprises, I'm surprised people are getting their hopes up at all. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a new character. I just doubt that we'll get one in this update.

I doubt that we'll get one because of how soon it has been since we got the last three but I don't think that a lack of hype is conclusive evidence that we won't get one. At best we'll get a trailer which will probably go live to announce the DLC being available on the eShop.

Edit: Scratch that. Mewtwo came out in mid April for those who registered both versions and at the end of April for everyone else. About eight and a half and six and a half week later, respectively, we got Lucas, Roy and Ryu. It will be nearly seven weeks since we got the trio when this update hits so we could actually see a new character.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Kumatora is the one true choice. Or Porky,
seeing as he's one of the handful of characters that shows up in both Mother 2 and 3.
I'm a Kumatora fan, but her moveset is already stolen by Lucas so I don't see how she would be any different. And as for Porky, I imagine he would work as Bowser Jr. and fight in one of his mechs. Or maybe a Porky bot?

Here is the part where I go back to my Brawl Japan Tiime nights and suggest the Masked Man.
I always use Lucas' alt number 1 for a reason. :'(

Top Bottom