• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SSB for 3DS & U - Tourney Mode, Youtube Replay DLC Stages and Mii Costumes (K. Rool)

Okay well the new Gunner costume is really slick. I hope the shirt color changes with Mii shirt colors.

Also holding out hope for another stage to be revealed tomorrow. The best 64 ones are still missing :(

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
On a strange note this news did reveal to me that there are people who actually think Rool was "winning the official poll".

Doggy please it wouldn't take no time at all to give us wolf since he's a fox clone anyway.

oh you

Bluth54

I don't really care about the costumes since I don't use the Miis but I'm looking forward to the Zelda stage coming. I could take or leave the Mario stage though, I would of rather seen the Star Fox stage or Pokemon stage from the 64 version return in Smash 4.

Everyone's talking about K. Rool, but I'm just sitting here excited to play Hyrule Castle again.

Hyrule Castle in every play session in my house. It shall be law.

EDIT: ^ These two above me know what's what.

I'm super hyped for those n64 stages. I was always awaiting the return of Hyrule Castle 64. Throwing in more music into the game's already massive OST is always a treat too.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
King K.Rool is in Smash...

CLEFNIBUYAA8d6h.jpg

Chrom
CLEFWwKVAAAASnv.jpg
Trollurai

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Isn't there also a Link Mii Fighter Costume? These costumes don't necessarily de-confirm any future characters.

Everyone brings up Link but that costume was introduced way after Link was already known to be in the game.

When an example of a Mii costume being revealed before a character happens when this line of thinking will have more credibility.

greg400

Banned
Everyone brings up Link but that costume was introduced way after Link was already known to be in the game.

When an example of a Mii costume being revealed before a character happens when this line of thinking will have more credibility.

The bartenders going to get pretty pissed with you if you keep clutching all the straws.
Lol, guess we'll have to wait and see. I still think the possibility of an inkling being a DLC character is fairly high when you look at the rest of characters they could possibly include that weren't already in past Smash games.

What? I don't understand what you're asking then. What's missing from this update?
The local Tournament mode, which is called Tournament. Probably should have clarified that on my end, sorry.

EDIT: Am I seriously the only one who remembers the local tournament mode which was supposed to come in an update? lol

The rool finally dead :(

Smh king k rool would have been the best new character

Next dlc will be wolf or he will win the character poll , the future refused to change :p

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The local Tournament mode, which is called Tournament. Probably should have clarified that on my end, sorry.

EDIT: Am I seriously the only one who remembers the local tournament mode which was supposed to come in an update? lol

Maybe it'll be part of the online tournament mode?

The rool finally dead :(

Smh king k rool would have been the best new character

Next dlc will be wolf or he will win the character poll , the future refused to change :p

Any character is someone's best newcomer.

And Smash ain't complete until Wolf, not "Mii in Wolf's clothing", but the real O'Donnell, is back.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
can we please get DLC outfits for the main roster

thanks

Maybe it'll be part of the online tournament mode?
They talked about it separate back in October so I'm doubting it. If it's silently added in, that's fine but they haven't mentioned it once October so I'm curious why they haven't talked about since.

(I assume /=/ was meant to be an attempt at saying not equal to)
That's correct, in this case I was using it to show that the 2 modes are different even with their similar names.

greg400

Banned
Seriously though what other characters even hold remotely the same clout as the inkling or K Rool on that ballot choice? Wonder-Red? Dixie? Those are the only two I can think of. If Ryu ends up being the only really new character from this ballot that'll be really disappointing (and that was likely just a business deal planned a while ago).

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

zlCfzSStvgo5-V0uS0.jpg

Seriously though what other characters even hold remotely the same clout as the inkling or K Rool on that ballot choice? Wonder-Red? Dixie? Those are the only two I can think of. If Ryu ends up being the only really new character from this ballot that'll be really disappointing (and that was likely just a business deal planned a while ago).

Hard to say because you have Japan and the PAL regions also voting and who knows if any of them care for k rool or shovel knight the same way us fans seem to. We also have no idea how 2 votes from the same person are being counted if they'll only count your most recent vote, don't count either of them, or count both of them.

greg400

Banned
Hard to say because you have Japan and the PAL regions also voting and who knows if any of them care for k rool or shovel knight the same way us fans seem to. We also have no idea how 2 votes from the same person are being counted if they'll only count your most recent vote, don't count either of them, or count both of them.
http://smashboards.com/threads/obse...es-desires-for-smash-4-by-chronobound.338160/

"K. Rool is amongst the most requested newcomers outside the cut Melee duo."

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

These were based on Mii Plaza hats rather than Smash original costumes.

Also Meta Knight was confirmed the next day so I guess K Rool has 24 hours to materialise as a fighter.

And still, Meta Knight coming back isn't the same as K Rool being a new fighter.

We have to accept that Mii Costumes are far more likely to be used as extra fan service for characters who aren't going to be full fighters (as almost every DLC costume has been used) rather than being a tease.

Sponge

Banned
I have a gut feeling Sakurai had Dixie planned and did this to make up for the fans still wanting K. Rool.

Either way, the dream is dead ):

http://smashboards.com/threads/obse...es-desires-for-smash-4-by-chronobound.338160/

Well I guess if someone gave anecdotes saying so on the internet, it must be true :p

edit:
Yeah, I'm hoping nintendo at least had the sense to check IPs or the like to at least avoid the most basic vote rigging (in the case of voting multiple times for a single character)
Only being able to vote for a single character, however, still strikes me as kinda rubbish though :/

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
These were based on Mii Plaza hats rather than Smash original costumes.

Also Meta Knight was confirmed the next day so I guess K Rool has 24 hours to materialise as a fighter.

Also still not an example of a Mii costume of a newcomer being revealed before the fighter.
All I'm saying is that Sakurai has done the "oh this character is coming back... as an add on to a Mii!" before only to pull back on it. He's known to play around with fan expectations, and when he has already promised to follow fan's requests for the rest of the DLC then I can't see any reason to not make K. Rool a fighter.

Not that I care. K. Rool is an ugly mofo and is one of my most disliked characters.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Ryu isn't from the ballot. The ballot ends in October.

All I'm saying is that Sakurai has done the "oh this character is coming back... as an add on to a Mii!" before only to pull back on it. He's known to play around with fan expectations, and when he has already promised to follow fan's requests for the rest of the DLC then I can't see any reason to not make K. Rool a fighter.
He plays with them but doesn't outright string them along. The same happened with Ridley where he outright gave away what he would be in Smash from the get go despite what the Ridley fans will argue.

Also technically this costume is fan service DLC.

Thats also an outdated list from 2 and a half years ago, K rool may still be a top request but who knows how the recent tropical freeze may have influenced peoples desire for him over there.

The real question we should ask is are these dlc mii fighter costumes throwing the fans a bone for characters that they want to see but Sakurai and his team aren't going to make playable? Or are the mii costumes being done seperately from upcoming dlc characters and its just a coicidence they did a k rool mii fighter costume while they played a k rool dlc fighter.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Well the two popular Japanese boards are 2ch and Futaba Channel and both are anonymous so counting each mention made is not the same as one unique mention. If we counted every time Gonzo mentioned K Rool in these threads as a unique mention you'd get an image he was the most requested character in Smash.

Will we get a suprise character? Geno? Maybe?

Or too soon?
Geno? Ha ha ha ha ha!

I couldn't find the actual poll forms used so I don't know how susceptible it is to vote rigging (aka people voting for their favourite repeatedly. I've seen several polls in the past utterly destroyed by this) plus I don't know about you but I never even knew about that poll until now, but importantly I HAVE voted on the official one and I suspect there are a large number of people in a similar situation so I doubt it's really representative of the votes Nintendo are receiving :3

edit: this is why when referencing character popularity in street fighter topics I stick to the numbers from capcom rather than using eventhub's values or the like.

Top Bottom