• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Alpha leaks

Kane1345

I'm pretty sure DICE wanted to make Battlefront it's own thing from what I remember reading so if you're looking for Star Wars battlefield then I don't think you're going to get that. Which I'm totally fine with. I really like BF4 but I'm OK with Battlefront being it's own thing.

JimiNutz

Banned
How is the vehicle combat?
I've heard mixed impressions about flying in this game. Is it difficult or relatively easy to pick up and play.

I'm not much of a Battlefield player but I've heard flying in those games is difficult.

RulkezX

Leaked on torrents sites?

Just like what happened to Crysis, someone from EA is going to get fired....

Why , it's absolutely useless to anyone who downloads it.

How is the vehicle combat?
I've heard mixed impressions about flying in this game. Is it difficult or relatively easy to pick up and play.

I'm not much of a Battlefield player but I've heard flying in those games is difficult.

Easier than BF4.

I'm finding it easier in cockpit view and I'm using a pad to fly. Controls are relatively simple tbh.

The turrets on the Rebel side are fucking horrendous though and the reticle seems to bounce all over the place for no reason.

I'm pretty sure DICE wanted to make Battlefront it's own thing from what I remember reading so if you're looking for Star Wars battlefield then I don't think you're going to get that.

Yup. They say that everytime someone interviews some DICE people. If you want battlefield, play Battlefield. Its still aviailable and works

From the EA Battlefront Website :

Many more multiplayer modes
In addition to Walker Assault, Star Wars Battlefront will feature immersive, fun-filled multiplayer modes including Supremacy, Fighter Squadron, Blast, Drop Zone, Cargo and more to be announced in the months ahead. Stay tuned for more information on these exciting multiplayer modes.

If I were a betting man, I'd bet Supremacy is Battlefront's Conquest, and DICE just changed the name to further distinguish it from Battlefield.

Lakitu

st5fu
I don't want Star Wars: Battlefield. I want Battlefield to keep it's own identity, especially for future titles. Who knows, maybe we'll get Battlefield 2143...

This is looking good from all the footage I'm seeing.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Do they need to?

You think the game will ship with one mode for multiplayer and a survival mode for single player and that's it?

If conquest is not the main mode then maps for conquest will suck. That has been proven by the bad company series and even Hardline.

You have to make maps specifically for conquest, aka its your main multiplayer mode, for them to work. Why would they show off a side mode for Battlefront if conquest is their main mode?

Do you get what I am saying?

Trojan X

Banned
Uhm no? Its wasnt a dev employee that leaked it to torrent sites. It was just someone that got access to it. Thanks to that random selection.

Trust me, EA's management team won't care. As far as they are concerned, there should have been enough security measure to prevent that from happening. Believe me on that one for I thoroughly know.

If conquest is not the main mode then maps for conquest will suck. That has been proven by the bad company series and even Hardline.

You have to make maps specifically for conquest, aka its your main multiplayer mode, for them to work. Why would they show off a side mode for Battlefront if conquest is their main mode?

Conquest isn't a main mode and won't be in the game.

Maybe there will something akin to Conquest, but you won't see the word "Conquest" on any of the modes for this game.

And you know why that is? This isn't Battlefield. It's Star Wars: Battlefront. So stop expecting Battlefield modes.

killercow

Leaked on torrents sites?

Just like what happened to Crysis, someone from EA is going to get fired....

What? No one is. The multiplayer build "leaked" because testers have access to it. Files on PC can be uploaded, there is just absolutely no way to stop this, and that was a risk they knew about from the very start (like leaked footage). So far though, no one's cracked its protection.

I get what you're saying, but we have no reason to think it won't have maps tuned for each mode. In Battlefield 4, the maps were reused for various modes, but they were sized down or cornered off for smaller modes. I don't see any reason to assume the same won't be true for Battlefront.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I don't want Star Wars: Battlefield. I want Battlefield to keep it's own identity, especially for future titles. Who knows, maybe we'll get Battlefield 2143...

This is the only futuristic Battlefield we will likely ever get. DICE/EA seem reluctant to move out of modern war. I want a 2143 as well with maps designed for Titan mode.

Hell I want Battlefield 1940 too but that is just a dream.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Conquest isn't a main mode and won't be in the game.

Maybe there will something akin to Conquest, but you won't see the word "Conquest" on any of the modes for this game.

And you know why that is? This isn't Battlefield. It's Star Wars: Battlefront. So stop expecting Battlefield modes.

Battlefront had a mode (singleplayer?) called Galactic Conquest.... lol. Battlefront and Battlefront 2 maps were conquest style maps as well.

edit: crap, sorry, im posting too fast i guess.

LastNac

Oh trust me, I played both demos at E3 and this is very much Battlefront.

Trojan X

Banned
What? No one is. The multiplayer build "leaked" because testers have access to it. Files on PC can be uploaded, there is just absolutely no way to stop this, and that was a risk they knew about from the very start (like leaked footage). So far though, no one's cracked its protection.

Dude. EA don't give a fuck, especially for Star Wars.

Battlefront had a mode (singleplayer?) called Galactic Conquest.... lol. Battlefront and Battlefront 2 maps were conquest style maps as well.

edit: crap, sorry, im posting too fast i guess.

This doesn't even have Galactic Conquest so, my point still stands.

Trojan X

Banned
You do get that the build is useless/not playable without an invite? And that datamining was limited to a list of vehicules?

Sorry, I didn't get that info so things might be slightly different, but usually, EA really don't give a fuck but this circumstance as you've suggested is different.

BTW - what do you mean with the term "vehicules"? Not a typo?

killercow

Sorry, I didn't get that info so things might be slightly different, but usually, EA really don't give a fuck but this circumstance as you've suggested is different.

BTW - what do you mean with the term "vehicules"? Not a typo?

Nope, that was a typo ;)

Trojan X

Banned
Nope, that was a typo ;)

Ok. Well, I know for a fact that EA does not tolerate software leaks of any kind especially when it comes to big titles such as Star Wars, Harry Potter, Battlefield, Crysis... unless you are part of the circle the management team seriously doesn't give a fuck as your head will roll, i.e. you will get fired or at least your career in EA would be fucked. So whether it was a tester, or an external company, someone who is in line with them would have to answer to any issues and they have to come up with some great answers. I wouldn't be saying this if I really didn't know (hence the Crysis example). Now, for this case, perhaps things might be a-ok. Let's hope that will be the case because, as I said before, EA management don't give a fuck.

Hmm...

I don't know how i feel about the switch between 3rd and first person view. Doesn't feel very skill gap needed in this game.

Looks good though, will look amazing and sound amazing when playing it super loud on your big HDTV. That will be nice, especially after watching the new Star Wars movie. The HYPE will be real.

RulkezX

I'm guessing you need an EA approved email address to access it?

Ok. Well, I know for a fact that EA does not tolerate software leaks of any kind especially when it comes to big titles such as Star Wars, Harry Potter, Battlefield, Crysis... unless you are part of the circle the management team seriously doesn't give a fuck as your head will roll, i.e. you will get fired or at least your career in EA would be fucked. So whether it was a tester, or an external company, someone who is in line with them would have to answer to any issues and they have to come up with some great answers. I wouldn't be saying this if I really didn't know (hence the Crysis example). Now, for this case, perhaps things might be a-ok. Let's hope that will be the case because, as I said before, EA management don't give a fuck.

They released the game on the internet , to be tested by strangers. EA knew the game would end up on torrent sites.

Why are we even discussing this , it;s madness to suggest EA didn't know the game would end up tore to pieces and every last piece of info extracted, they released it online to be played by strangers

Oh man, the sound design is amazing.

They also managed to capture some level of chaos that the trailer depicted.
X-Wings flying overhead, the explosions in the distance, lasers whizzing past, and the particle effects!

I need this.

Trojan X

Banned
They released the game on the internet , to be tested by strangers. EA knew the game would end up on torrent sites.

Why are we even discussing this , it;s madness to suggest EA didn't know the game would end up tore to pieces and every last piece of info extracted, they released it online to be played by strangers

The discussion already ended.

Kane1345

Oh man, the sound design is amazing.

They also managed to capture some level of chaos that the trailer depicted.
X-Wings flying overhead, the explosions in the distance, lasers whizzing past, and the particle effects!

I need this.

DICE are the kings of sound design. I got chills listening to it. The sound of the AT-ST guns firing is a joy to hear.

AESplusF

So I've been playing for about two hours now, at first I wasn't really liking it, but after a while the pacing and flow of everything started to feel a whole lot smoother.
The jet pack is fantastic, I was surprised at just how useful it is, oh and the sound design is great as well.

Kane1345

So I've been playing for about two hours now, at first I wasn't really liking it, but after a while the pacing and flow of everything started to feel a whole lot smoother.
The jet pack is fantastic, I was surprised at just how useful it is, oh and the sound design is great as well.

giphy.gif

The entitlement of these leakers is astounding. They get to what, play for a few hours and then get banned for a fee internet points instead of being quiet and being able to play for 4 days straight?

Pure idiocy.

The entitlement of these leakers is astounding. They get to what, play for a few hours and then get banned for a fee internet points instead of being quiet and being able to play for 4 days straight?

Pure idiocy.

Who cares really? EA basicly asked for leaks by doing a "public" alpha. It was bound to happen.

Maybe they should remove the NDA now. There is nothing in this leaked videos that shows the game in a bad state or unfinished. It looks very impressive.

Battlefront always was Battlefield, nothing new.

Pastry

Banned

Pure idiocy.

Yeah you're supposed to save these videos until the day the alpha ends and then upload them lol

Top Bottom