• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Alpha leaks

friday

Yeah you're supposed to save these videos until the day the alpha ends and then upload them lol

Its totally a bad representation of the game too. They post their first round ever, and they have no idea how to play yet and before they learn the game they are banned.

Its totally a bad representation of the game too. They post their first round ever, and they have no idea how to play yet and before they learn the game they are banned.

I agree to an extent. But i rather have some unedited gameplay from a bad player than no footage.

Dice should just allow people to upload stuff. Or maybe allow that youtube money whores to upload some footage.

What's the point of torrenting it... it isn't like you are going to be able to connect the central server.

But proves the thirst for the title, I guess.

Assets to be used for future DLC, doh.

I think you can play it offline too. Via bot matches or horde mode or something like that. That plus people want to see how it runs on their PC. I for one sure want to.

Kane1345

That rebel scum getting destroyed hehe

attack_by_kane1345-d8zmstm.gif

Conquest isn't a main mode and won't be in the game.

Maybe there will something akin to Conquest, but you won't see the word "Conquest" on any of the modes for this game.

And you know why that is? This isn't Battlefield. It's Star Wars: Battlefront. So stop expecting Battlefield modes.

The main gameplay mode in the original Battlefronts were what is called Conquest in modern day Battlefield. So expecting conquest to be the main mode isn't unreasonable as you're making it out to be.

Conquest isn't a main mode and won't be in the game.

Maybe there will something akin to Conquest, but you won't see the word "Conquest" on any of the modes for this game.

And you know why that is? This isn't Battlefield. It's Star Wars: Battlefront. So stop expecting Battlefield modes.

In SWBF1 the ONLY mode in the game was Conquest, exactly the same as Battlefield conquest.

SWBF2 the main mode was still Conquest.

I really hope that the Supremacy mode is Conquest.

What? lol. A 970 destroys this.

not sure if this is a serious post...

You can say I was a little intimidated by the reveal videos and such. I now realize how silly I sounded lol

I can get largely 60fps on Ultra @1080 with a 7970GE and a 2500k , so Yeah , you'll be able to get 60 no problems at all.

Thank you. If anything, this game looks to be just as optimized as Battlefield 4 was. It's pretty cool the various setups that my buddies have (ranging from very low end to even higher end than what I have) and pretty much all of us can run it at high+ settings at over 60 fps. DICE are great when it comes to the technical side of things.

No.

It is a Closed Alpha, no sign-ups, random selection, email invite only.

Their is no Beta confirmed and pre-ordering doesn't get you access to any test phase of any sort.

I got an email and I was super excited... but it was only an email telling me there was a Closed Alpha going on for Star Wars...

ryseing

In SWBF1 the ONLY mode in the game was Conquest, exactly the same as Battlefield conquest.

SWBF2 the main mode was still Conquest.

I really hope that the Supremacy mode is Conquest.

Yup. Pretty much this.

I know, I know, this game isn't a true sequel to those games, but Conquest WAS Battlefront. It's essential to the franchise. Not having Conquest in a Battlefront game is like not having TDM in a CoD game.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The performance reports are encouraging for all platforms since DICE said to expect bad performance with this alpha. The only thing that stands out is some bad pop in. Other than that it looks damn good.

prag16

Banned
Tell me more about these alleged single player missions... are they throwaway titanfall-esque type things, or are far more robust than that (even if it's not a true, cohesive "campaign")...

Angel_DvA

Tell me more about these alleged single player missions... are they throwaway titanfall-esque type things, or are far more robust than that (even if it's not a true, cohesive "campaign")...

it's like horde mode but not as good as ME/GeOW one...

GavinUK86

The one available is a survival one. 6 waves of enemies. Took me about 10 minutes on my own. It was fun.

I noticed other playable alien species such as Quarren and Sullustan. Can you say which ones are there?

Rodian, Sullustan and Quarren are all I've seen so far.

Hmm, don't know if I'd go with a Rodian. Your opponent would always be able to shoot first.

Well, until the patch. But nobody likes that patch.

*claps*

Falchion

Shame all the videos have been taken down already. Hopefully I come across some active ones soon because I'm dying to see this in action.

Someone with access who might be willing to let me try it out for a bit, DM me.

I know some people on GAF have been generous like this before.

scitek

You can say I was a little intimidated by the reveal videos and such. I now realize how silly I sounded lol

Thank you. If anything, this game looks to be just as optimized as Battlefield 4 was. It's pretty cool the various setups that my buddies have (ranging from very low end to even higher end than what I have) and pretty much all of us can run it at high+ settings at over 60 fps. DICE are great when it comes to the technical side of things.

I'm happy they finally managed competent controller support for a change, from what I hear. I can't tell you how worried about that I was. That, and third person mode sounds awesome.

ThisOne

I saw someone ask earlier but didn't see if there was ever an answer...will this game have anything like Conquest from Battlefield? What modes are in the alpha?

AESplusF

Reminds me BF4 Operation locker - trying to get inside with explosives because it's basically a massive standoff.

I assure you, it's better than that.
There are multiple points of entry, sneaking around and getting behind people has been really effective for me.
Rebels also have to chose between defending themselves and damaging the walker.

Top Bottom