• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Alpha leaks

I saw someone ask earlier but didn't see if there was ever an answer...will this game have anything like Conquest from Battlefield? What modes are in the alpha?

The closest hint we have so far is a multiplayer mode named Supremacy. DICE have said many times that there are still plenty of modes and maps that they have yet to reveal.

Only Hoth Walker Assualt (from E3) and the Tatooine Survival mission (also from E3) are in the alpha.

Guy.brush

Ezd3mYp.gif
j4Yduqf.gif
8RTVf8v.gif

I wonder if they address Hoth's cold at all? Could be cool to have to get to a heat source once in a while.

Taishan

Banned
It's their fault. Their user names are flying around the screen. If they want to risk getting their Origin accounts permabanned and be unable to play any EA game online on any platform, that's on them.

k?
What does that have to do with salty people reporting and scaring streamers into going offline?

Spl1nter

The air vehicles need a lot of improvement. They simplified the controls to much for a casual audience. It feels very different than battlefield. I really would like to be able to pop open a larger map to get a sense of the actual battlefield.

The air vehicles need a lot of improvement. They simplified the controls to much for a casual audience. It feels very different than battlefield. I really would like to be able to pop open a larger map to get a sense of the actual battlefield.

How does the subsystem management work? Is it just "power to weapons" or "power to thrusters" or is it more complex than that?

knerl

Me too. If this runs and looks great on a 970/I5 rig I will be buying my first game off Origin.

With 4xMSAA, everything on ultra at 1080p in BF4 with a i5 2500K @ 4.3GHz and a 970 I get 60fps min! Average sits between 80-90. That's in 64 player matches too. Bet this is going to be smooth as butter too.

Spl1nter

Aww lame. Here i was hoping for some real hordemode style in SW universe.
Do it have a level up system or something along the lines of ME's survival mode then i guess?

It is not the full mode. The main mode is supposed to have 15 levels I read somewhere. This is seemingly just the e3 demo build.

Timu

Aww lame. Here i was hoping for some real hordemode style in SW universe.
Do it have a level up system or something along the lines of ME's survival mode then i guess?
Edit, turns out there are more than 6 waves, I just watched another vid and it had 15. So it might vary on the difficulty I guess.

Tecnniqe

Banned
It is not the full mode. The main mode is supposed to have 15 levels I read somewhere. This is seemingly just the e3 demo build.

Edit, turns out there are more than 6 waves, I just watched another vid and it had 15. So it might vary on the difficulty I guess.

Can you toss me a link to that 15 wave one?
Also im still sad there are no unlimited waves this far. Hope it gets put in. Love those modes.

Tempted to buy this game now D:
The Hype Is Real

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I love how suddenly the famous Star Wars music kicks in, really gives you the feeling you're replaying one of the movies battle scenes.

From what i've seen the atmosphere is amazing, can't wait to play it myself.

Taishan

Banned
So the power ups found throughout the map have a timer when picked up? Seems like its 30seconds before its removed.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
HNNNNNGH 60fps videos

Wow already down, welp that was fast.

EA watching over GAF like a hawk, hello EA, where is my alpha invite? :3

At least the 60fps videos are still up, be fast peope if you want to see this!

BokehKing

Banned
I suck at flying in battlefield and feel like I miss out on 25% of the game because of it, so I'm happy to hear this (sorry to the vets of course, props on your skills)

Yasae

Banned
Damn, Y-wings are fast. I'm so used to their slow, highly vulverable bombing run version in Empire at War.

JDHarbs

Can anyone that got into the alpha confirm that there is controller support for the PC version, and how good it is? Battlefield's controller support has had issues on PC in the past like a lack of button prompts or no aim assist.

J-Rzez

My rig is:
I7 2600k stock clock
Zotac 780 amp edition

Game is maxed out and holds at 60fps. Despite its looks, it runs well beyond average Alpha builds.

If you like battlefront in the past, you will like this gameplay.

Sounds and effects seem straight out of the movies, it's that good.

Sharpeye

Damn, Y-wings are fast. I'm so used to their slow, highly vulverable bombing run version in Empire at War.

And unlike the Empire you can run out of bombers if enough get destroyed. Besides Mon Calamari frigates the rebels were scrubs when it came to space combat in that game.

Top Bottom